Mobiles.co.uk, can they be trusted?

Options

Comments

• Marcio45
    Options
    I normally do cashback with the caskback websites like quidco and topcashback.
    For a sim only of around £20 (15/20gb internet) current cashback is around 50/60 pounds. Vodafone and o2 have current deals.
    Consider as well bt mobile, you can also get cashback and also a amazon/itunes gift card.
    I know not as good, but much less hassle
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Marcio45 wrote: »
    Craig... just make sure you read the reviews for them before you venture. They are well known to mess about with the cashbacks... you have to send a form in particular dates with a copy of a bill, which they often refuse as not being suitable. Also often the cheques they send never arrive.

Not with me they don't - though in past years they have tried it on a few times. Nowadays cashback claims are much easier anyway - though deals are nowhere near as good. I'd rather it was the other way round, since I am down to three contracts from a peak of about 10 at times.

Follow the groundrules and you will get paid - unless the dealer goes bust (as Phones4u among others did):-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight=cashback

I also repeat; CPW cashback deals have been very inferior to Mobile Phones Direct for the last couple of years. In fact, as a result I now only use the latter - who accept and pay claims like lightening but are (in my view) a slightly higher risk.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not with me they don't - though in past years they have tried it on a few times. Nowadays cashback claims are much easier anyway - though deals are nowhere near as good. I'd rather it was the other way round, since I am down to three contracts from a peak of about 10 at times.

Follow the groundrules and you will get paid - unless the dealer goes bust (as Phones4u among others did):-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight=cashback

I also repeat; CPW cashback deals have been very inferior to Mobile Phones Direct for the last couple of years. In fact, as a result I now only use the latter - who accept and pay claims like lightening but are (in my view) a slightly higher risk.

They don't seem to have such competitive deals. Notice that the 20GB Vodafone deal is both on e2save and mobiles.co.uk both CPW aren't they? Which one is better to deal with? Don't really understand why they haven't merged both companies.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Effectively, They have. No difference.
  • GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi just done a bill monitor and they came back with a good deal for a new phone and contract with EE who I am with anyway
    The company I would be buying of is mobiles.co.uk and all the reviews I can find are not good ones
    does anyone on here have any thoughts on them?
    Thank you
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Er.... isn't it all on this thread?
  • GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wasn't aware of this thread
    my post has been put here by someone but now I can read this thread :)
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • andrewthomas2008
    Options
    So if I take out a phone through mobiles.co.uk, when the contract is up will I have to upgrade through mobile.co.uk or direct with the network I.e. O2
    Girlie Girl
  • grumpyclogs
    Options
    AVOID cashback deals from mobiles.co.uk!

They used to be good and always paid up, but over the past year (or so) they have started "playing up". When their system works it works, but when it doesn't (for whatever reason) you've got NO CHANCE of getting your cashback.

I have been waiting for a cheque since May 2016 (a year ago!). They did send me a replacement in December (2016), but it was in the wrong name! Since then they have been fobbing me off with one lie or another.

SERIOUSLY, AVOID THEM!

In terms of trust-worthiness, these days, they are no better than the lesser known companies out there.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    "NO CHANCE" is down to you. No-one should ever trust any dealer, but as long as they don't go bust and you follow the groundrules (clearly, you have not) they will pay up - one way or another.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback