No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2015...

Options

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    11&12 Sanctuary Spa brightening facial illuminating moisture lotion 15ml
    13 ange ou demon sample

14. Sanex dermo moisturising s/gel travel mini
    did the job but wasn't fussed on the texture - very jelly like, which made it difficult to control how much came out of the bottle each time. WNBA

15. Radox daily elements deo mini
    pleasant enough, and did the job as a day to day deo. Not a HG for me so WNBA. I don't think it was 100% full when I started it, but it lasted just shy of a fortnight. Useful to know for future travel, as I am always paranoid about running out!

The remains of my miniatures stash now fit comfortably inside one wash bag. I have a number of products earmarked for use to make way for the inevitable Christmas ins. Normally I point OH in the direction of a specific brand of gift set. However I have enough shower gel, body lotion and hand creme to last at least a year. I reckon skincare should be ok for 6-9 months at least. I'm thinking that I might guide him towards specific individual products instead. A mix of everyday essentials (I will run out of body scrub in 2016... there is a light at the end of the stash)! and slightly more premium items than I would choose if I was buying for myself. How do you strike a balance between your pre existing stash and requests to Santa?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reading the thread it really feels like we are all using up much more than we are buying, at the moment at least (wait til the sales come in Jan...).

This is exactly why I'm being so good - need to be able to justify some INs come the sales :) It's really nice not feeling bogged down by so much stuff, too.

I have a UU:

11/159. Clinique High Impact Mascara Black 7ml - this was a kind gift but I WNB, it isn't waterproof and has a tendency to flake. Other much cheaper ones that I prefer, plus I have several others to use first - shouldn't need to buy any until at least 2017!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »

I am doing a secret santa at work. I have to buy a present for a young lady (early-mid twenties) and I have up to £10. I was thinking of some nice nail varnishes as I've seen her wear nail varnishes at work.

Any ideas? I was looking for decent quality, maybe a few colours and I thought if anyone, anywhere was going to know about the best deals it would be you ladies!

Barry M is worth looking, have really good colours and good quality. Also cruelty free :)
    ally.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Balmi Blackcurrant Balm - This came in one of the first beauty boxes I ever bought and it was a round pot on a key ring, they have changed the packaging to a square now. The pot broke so I scooped out the balm and put it into a little pot of my own - this has taken me forever to finish and I am very proud that I have used every last scrap. It's quite good as it stays on the lips quite a long while but it's £4.99 so WNBA.

I bought some of these last year in January sales, really nice one. I paid 99p too so made it nicer :p
    ally.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How do you strike a balance between your pre existing stash and requests to Santa?

I always ask for things that I wouldn't necessarily buy for myself. Brands like Philosophy, Lush, Crabtree and Evelyn .. they tend to be mid-range ones ... (cos I am, most of the time, more likely to buy from cheap shops and hunt for bargains, so it's nice to have a treat.)
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Morning all

Reading the thread it really feels like we are all using up much more than we are buying, at the moment at least (wait til the sales come in Jan...).

If only this was true for me.... At least most of what I bought involved a special offer, and the item I bought to secure it was something I will be starting to use within the next couple of weeks at the latest.

I have a couple of UU

- REN Rose Centiforia Cleansing Gel. I really like this for use in the shower in the morning with my Clarisonic and WBA. I am moving onto RENs Evercalm cleansing gel, which, bar the scent, is very similar.

- Antipodes Ananda Antioxidant-Rich Gentle Toner. This does the job but not sure I would pay this much again. I've got a Liz Earle one to use next which I am sure was cheaper.
  • Gemzie121
    Options
    Just one out today, it's a TA unfortunately. Shelley soft feel shave gel Wnba I had to throw it even though it had hardly been used as one day it simply stopped spraying even though it had only been used about 4 times. There's loads left in it which is annoying and no way to get it to spray! So in the bin it had to go. It's been sat in the shower so long as I felt bad chucking it that the can had rusted quite a lot. When it was working it was okay stuff so it's a real shame but I won't buy again as waste of money to only get a few goes out of it! :(
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • Gemzie121
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Hello ladies!

How are you all doing in this horrible weather?!

I need to pick your collective pampered brains.

I am doing a secret santa at work. I have to buy a present for a young lady (early-mid twenties) and I have up to £10. I was thinking of some nice nail varnishes as I've seen her wear nail varnishes at work.

Any ideas? I was looking for decent quality, maybe a few colours and I thought if anyone, anywhere was going to know about the best deals it would be you ladies!

(Don't worry, I have been doing my homework as well, but can't see to see much.)

Thanks in advance! :)

I got this for my brothers girlfriend last year: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPI-NAIL-POLISH-COCA-COLA-BEAREST-OF-THEM-ALL-LTD-EDT-2014-FREE-BEAR-/171986095094?hash=item280b2b8bf6:g:bQ4AAOSwabhUW9UP

She loved it. The little bear is so cute!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • rdone
    rdone Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you looked at the B. range in Superdrug InaPickle? Vegan and cruelty free.

I finally managed to UU my primer yesterday morning - I was so excited that I did a little dance. This has been spluttering since the beginning of October and I have used it every day (bar one week) since. I didn't take it on holiday with me in October as I didn't want it to run out half way through. It was B. Prepared Make Up Primer - WBA. Nice consistency and I mixed it with my foundation and it gave an even coverage and it held things in place. I noticed yesterday what a difference it makes as I was doing my make up at the gym so didn't have the replacement there.
    My debt free diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348513/large-renovation-tiny-budget-lets-go/p1?new=1

Debt: £14,896.33 @ 21/04/2020.
    Down to: £4,982.12 @ 08/06/2022
    Today: £14,256.23
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Laura Mercier Gold Honey Musk Honey Bath 200ml - this smells really lovely but the scent does get a bit cloying eventually. It bubbles up loads and the scent really comes through in the bath. I prefer her Almond Coconut Milk scent though so WNBA, I do still have the body cream and another full set of this in the stash.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family