No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2015...

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Painted my nails yesterday with OPI Catherine the Grape with accent Pirouette my Whistle, already chipped:eek: so tonight will add Pirouette my Whistle to the rest of them and re-do tomorrow evening. Toes are safely hidden under socks as they are still nude:o I am trying to alternate old faithfuls with untried, time for a delve in the Helmer for inspiration:D

We sound like nail polish buddies!

No other UUs as yet however inspired by dolly's recent flurry of Philosophy UUs and watching YouTube videos about fall collections I have pulled a bottle of Philosophy Pumpkin Icing out of my stash. Teamed this up with Vaseline Cocoa Butter spray and go lotion.

I also had a bath last night and used a chunk of my Lush Peeping Santa. Not a huge fan. Didn't really smell of anything in the bath and made the bath a funny red colour.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    We sound like nail polish buddies!

:D:D:D:D, yes it was your post a few days ago that reminded me that I hadn't seen PMW for a while, I had tidied it into a drawer. I really like it, but it can be tedious trying to grab the larger pieces of glitter.

I don't think that I listed this IN, certainly did not add it into figures:-

7ml Clarins Instant Light Raspberry Lip Oil.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have UU'ed Clarins Joli Rogue (705) GWP size! This is a lovely lipstick with a great colour and texture. I would buy again however I have many other stuff to UU but definitely note down for the future.

I'll TA Sephora Crayon Jumbo Liner - this thing doesn't blend and it is a gold color liner and I don't want to look like Nefertiti all day.
    ally.
  • momobingu
    Options
    UU's:
    Lush buffy body scrub - amazing!!
    Lush lord of misrule shower gel - small bottle, have a few more in stash
    Lush rub rub rub - have a few more in the stash, goes so fast but smells amazing.
    No buying toiletries challenge
    2015: 1348 UU's & GA's
    2016: 649
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Another UU - Sample size Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion. One of the worst designed bottles ever. The product itself is okay, didn't feel special. Also sold a Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser.
    ally.
  • Gemzie121
    Options
    2 UU today...

Soap & glory scrub of your life mini - WBA love the scent of this and it's scrubby enough without make your skin sting.

V05 nourish me shampoo - WBA smells gorgeous and makes my hair feel nice and soft.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies!

How are you all doing in this horrible weather?!

I need to pick your collective pampered brains.

I am doing a secret santa at work. I have to buy a present for a young lady (early-mid twenties) and I have up to £10. I was thinking of some nice nail varnishes as I've seen her wear nail varnishes at work.

Any ideas? I was looking for decent quality, maybe a few colours and I thought if anyone, anywhere was going to know about the best deals it would be you ladies!

(Don't worry, I have been doing my homework as well, but can't see to see much.)

Thanks in advance! :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D, yes it was your post a few days ago that reminded me that I hadn't seen PMW for a while, I had tidied it into a drawer. I really like it, but it can be tedious trying to grab the larger pieces of glitter.

You actually get more glitter on your brush when the varnish goes gloopy. Will have to repaint mine tonight as they are chipped but I only noticed when I was on the way into work. Have more Coca Cola minis that I have pulled out and think I'll use OPI Coca Cola Red.
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Hello ladies!

I need to pick your collective pampered brains.

I am doing a secret santa at work. I have to buy a present for a young lady (early-mid twenties) and I have up to £10. I was thinking of some nice nail varnishes as I've seen her wear nail varnishes at work.

Any ideas? I was looking for decent quality, maybe a few colours and I thought if anyone, anywhere was going to know about the best deals it would be you ladies!

(Don't worry, I have been doing my homework as well, but can't see to see much.)

Thanks in advance! :)

I had a quick nosey this morning at feel unique as they already have some Black Friday offers on but nothing for nails as yet. Will let you know if I see anything.

2 more UUs although both are UUs of products that I decanted from their original packaging:-

MUFE Sensitive eye make up remover. This is lovely. I got a 30ml sized bottle with a kit from Sephora on my holiday however it was really difficult to get a measured amount out of the small bottle so I decanted it into an old face cream pot. Have some LE Eyebright that I'll use next but will be purchasing this once that has all gone.

Elemis Frangipani Moisture Melt Oil. I had decanted some into an old eye cream pot so that I could use it on my cuticles without too much mess. Am pretty sure I still have some of this in my stash so will do this again however I do know that I have a bottle of OPI Avoplex oil to UU next.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A couple more uu's

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Condtioner 200ml - this was the one in the pot and it is supposed to be more hydrating than the bottle version but I didn't see that. I have two more pots in the stash but if I buy again it will be the bottle version.

Balmi Blackcurrant Balm - This came in one of the first beauty boxes I ever bought and it was a round pot on a key ring, they have changed the packaging to a square now. The pot broke so I scooped out the balm and put it into a little pot of my own - this has taken me forever to finish and I am very proud that I have used every last scrap. It's quite good as it stays on the lips quite a long while but it's £4.99 so WNBA.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Plumpudding
    Plumpudding Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 November 2015 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Morning all

Reading the thread it really feels like we are all using up much more than we are buying, at the moment at least (wait til the sales come in Jan...).

I'm three UUs away from hitting my target to be under 150 products on my list by December.
    I'll confess my 6 INs first, from a hotel stay. Nice brand, 50ml sizes handy for the swim bag. Old hoarding habits die hard.

UUs
    Burt's Bees chamomile and soap bark cleanser - it's a tingly one, very thick. Would MBA if in a deal.
    Hotel shampoo
    Hotel body lotion
    White Company flowers conditioner - too expeiensive to buy! I don't really llike the smell much.
    Roger and Gallet bois orange body lotion - was fine, bit runny and not a special smell. WNB came from a beauty box
    Nuxe gel demaquillant cleanser (sachet) - was surprised it didn't smell like all the other nuxe products do! Was nice but I'm unlikely to buy as I prefer a cloth cleanser.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure