No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2015...

Options

Comments

• Plumpudding
    Options
    Yes, when I said that about everyone using up more than they are buying I conveniently overlooked the perfume soc box which arrived this morning... I'm not going to open it and count it as an in until I have done something to deserve it!
    two more UUs
    Neals yard orange and neroli (i think) body scrub - nice and scrubby, but it had gone off so smelt a little odd. Only 3m shelf life! I really need to pay more attention to those little symbols. I know I have an opened bb cream somewhere with a short shelf life so I must get onto that. I hate throwing stuff away because I forgot about it and it went off.
    AURELIA miracle balm - I love this, it has a lovely consistency and smell and leaves my face feeling soooo smooth and pampered. You can use it as a mask or a scrub. It's far too expensive for me to just go and buy immediately though. I would consider buying if there was a good offer.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have 2 UU's

Clarins Cleansing Milk for Dry to Normal Skin and Clarins Toning Lotion both were LHJ firstly. Took me ages to UU. I however did like the both - although not sure whether Toning Lotion actually does anything.

I could buy again but I'm leaving for travelling within 2 months time and those wouldn't be needed.

1 IN - Clarins Leg Cooling Lotion. I'll keep this for travelling. Will need after long walks :)
    ally.
  • Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a UU:

11/159. Clinique High Impact Mascara Black 7ml - this was a kind gift but I WNB, it isn't waterproof and has a tendency to flake. Other much cheaper ones that I prefer, plus I have several others to use first - shouldn't need to buy any until at least 2017!

So I may need to buy mascara sooner than I thought - the replacement I opened this morning had dried up so TA:

1/6. No7 Extreme Length Mascara Black 4.5ml - this was a GWP anyway so not quite so annoying.
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    UU my bottle of Flowerbomb I love this but have so many other perfume I'm going to sneak the bottle out and hope Dh doesn't notice I've swapped fragrances or he'll buy me some more for Christmas. I need to use up a lot of bottles before I get any more.

Got a hand cream that spluttering so I think that will be gone over the weekend
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    Another UU here Wilko Black Cherry shower smoothie nice enough but think I used too much each time so it didn't last long
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Another UU - Clinique Repair Wear laser focus GWP size. This felt nice upon using. However as it was on 7 ml, I haven't had much use out of it and not sure whether it made a big difference to my skin. However it has great reviews. I'd buy it on a good deal in the future.
    ally.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a couple of uu's

Elemis Skin Buff 15ml - This is a very fine microdermabrasion type scrub, I really enjoyed using apart from it being very, very strongly perfumed which I don't think is necessary. I have another tube in the stash but WNB due to it being £25-£30 for 50ml and the No7 and Sanctuary micro scrubs are just as good.

L'oreal True Match Foundation 30ml - this is the old version of this, they have recently revamped it. The annoying thing is the pump is totally sealed onto the glass bottle so I cannot use everything that is in there, it has stopped pumping and looks and feels pretty empty so I'm OK with that. WMBA
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Carolyn12
    Options
    Last few UU for November I reckon:

Arran aromatics oatmeal and honey massage soap bar. 200g I think.
    It was huge.
    The organic pharmacy rose facial wash 10ml
    Hotel freebie hair and body was 30ml. It smelled like Johnsons baby shampoo :D I wish I could get more!

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have some INs today however they are Xmas gifts for Emma. As I've mentioned before she loves the No 7 Nude lip liner which has been discontinued. Went into Boots at lunchtime to fill a prescription and saw 4 of them on the shelf. Bought 2 and got the free gift. I was going to order a nude one from Avon but Emma had found a No 7 one on Ebay that I was going to order instead. Felt sorry that I wouldn't be ordering from Avon so have ordered a gift set of three handcreams (£3.00 for three - bargain!), Planet spa body butter and pencil sharpener.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Having just looked at my PP list I think that the best I will possibly manage is 1 or 2 UU, but have ignored all the Black Friday e-mails, even though there were good deals on a couple of regularly used things, but I have loads left and a back up of one, so am quite happy at that.

Nails are painted Nails Inc Basil Street, caramel nude shade. It took ages to soak off the glitter top coat and layers of varnish last used, so it will be the plain stuff for a while:eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure