No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2015...

Options

Comments

• Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Couple of use ups for me:

Sure deoderant WBA I love this and have been using it for years although I don't think it is quite as good as it used to be.

No7 Refine and rewind serum WBA and I don't need to as I have a few in my stash yet.

Radox mixed berry fruits shower gel WBA this made my skin very soft and I like the scent. Have a few shower gels to use up first before I buy any more though.

Unfortunately I have a couple of ins as well, although I bought the travel size to make sure I could use them up quickly. John Frieda miraculous recovery shampoo, conditioner and mask. My hair is long, thick and curly and at the moment is feeling really dry. I want to stick a colour through it for the xmas period but I don't want to do it before I have it in a decent condition. So I used all three last night and will use the remaining shampoo and conditioner for the rest of this week and see how it goes.
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IN
    Mitchum deodorant.

UU's
    Lush d'fluff shaving cream WNBA not a fan, it did not smell of strawberrys as advertised. I did not find it easy to use and much prefer whipped soap as these last longer, form a decent foam and actually work

Red fun bar WNBA I go through phases of liking fun then not liking them. It's okay but again have several to use up and I much prefer a bubble bar. This is the last of this months PP list.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all, some UUs today:

Hotel freebies x 3.

Simple Micellar Face Wipes:
    These were fine but nothing special - WBA if cheap.

L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel and Body Lotion 30ml: I liked the smell of these from the bottles but once I put it on my skin, the smell was awful and I hated using these! WDNBA!
  • shandyclover
    shandyclover Posts: 905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 November 2015 at 3:05PM
    Options
    UU's in red...

1.SKIN organic massage oil
    2.Lypsil cherry blossom lipbalm I accidentally left it behind the counter at work, so chucked it, was no longer hygenic, my HG lip balm so far though. Replaced with Lypsyl swedish beeswax 'honeyberry'
    3.BS 'Ananya' eau de toilette
    4. Argan oil hair serum
    5. Make up gallery blush no. 1
    6. Ta ta for now under eye concealer
    7. Primark manuka honey mini hand cream (Considering it was just a cheapie bought on a whim from Primark was really impressed with this, rich and liked the 'la occintyent -esque' packaging. WBA but have not seen them again in Primark so I think this was just a one off. Replaced with Garnier Intense Care.
    8. Naked restoring conditioner
    9. Another 'Puig' soap
    10. Avon Annew instant eye smoother

Lots of splutters, but the month has not been quite long enough to finish things off!
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Grabs side of thread and pulls herself back in*

Hello ladies!

Blimey, is the wind as bad where you are as it is here?

I have 2 UUs but there is *no* way I am putting them in the outside recycling bin at the minute!

Liz Earle Clean & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
    : nice - not 100% sure how effective as when I used toner there was still stuff is still coming off, but feels nice on the skin and is all natural, which is good.

Garnier Simply Essentials Toner
    : cheap, cheerful and does the trick. This was in my stash that I kept at my 'holiday home' which only got used a handful of times a year, so there was no point spending a lot on it. Does the job but unremarkable.

Right, onwards and sideways to another cleanser (Nivea, same holiday home stash) and some good ol' rosewater as a toner.

See you soon! :)

P.S. Forgot to mention that I got a Sanctuary gift set as a birthday present.
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Plumpudding
    Options
    hello
    2 more UUs sneaking at the end of the month - not sure there will be any more, but think it's 39 this month so quite pleased. I have tried to avoid any black friday deals, and now quite excited about starting my advent calendar. This year I'm not going to wait until after christmas to use things, but instead if they are the appropriate product to use at the time I will.
    Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye - I like this, came in GWP but buying eye cream still seems like some great extravagance to me.
    Mamma Mio tummy rub oil - for the stretch marks. feels luxurious, smells good, will report on the stretch marks in about a year's time
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    1 UU - Some description of fabric face mask. It feels nice after using but not sure whether it does anything and surely you look like Hannibal when you put it on your face.
    ally.
  • momobingu
    Options
    I managed to resist black friday emails and sales :) so happy and managed to sell a few things too. My house looks like a warehouse with all the xmas boxes that I'm putting together, anyone else feel like this around this time of the year?

OUT's (due to sales)
    1 perfume

UU's:
    Lush santa fun - smelled so good! love using these for shaving too

GA's:
    2 lush soaps
    No buying toiletries challenge
    2015: 1348 UU's & GA's
    2016: 649
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    UU here Boots Botanics Hydrating Day Cream, have another in the stash. This lasted ages so was quite:money:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've just got home from a lovely evening with friends and received some belated birthday gifts:

Penguin Lip Balm
    Bath and Body Works Pocket Bacs in: Pure Paradise, Fresh Sparkling Snow, New York, Island Margarita and Italy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure