No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2015...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all, I've had a slow month but I've finally got a few UUs:

TBS Almond Hand and Nail Cream 100ml: I love the smell of this but it gives me a dry patch on my hand so WNBA.

CKIN2U for her 150ml: This has been my HG scent for a long time but I have two different full size perfumes in my stash so won;t repurchase for a while.

Garnier Oil Beauty Nourishing Lotion 400ml: It's a very love/hat smell but I loved it. Really moisturising and full of different oils. WMBA.

TBS Mango Shower Gel 250ml: This lathers brilliantly but I got really bored of the smell. WMBA.

It's my birthday on Wednesday so I'm thinking of treating myself to a few bits from Lush - does anyone have any recommendations? (No bath products please as I sadly haven't got a bath in my flat!). I've never bought anything from them before but I know I'll buy the It's Raining Men shower gel as a friend was gifted it and it smelled incredible!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 March at 3:48PM
    Options
    Hi all, I've had a slow month but I've finally got a few UUs:

TBS Almond Hand and Nail Cream 100ml: I love the smell of this but it gives me a dry patch on my hand so WNBA.

CKIN2U for her 150ml: This has been my HG scent for a long time but I have two different full size perfumes in my stash so won;t repurchase for a while.

Garnier Oil Beauty Nourishing Lotion 400ml: It's a very love/hat smell but I loved it. Really moisturising and full of different oils. WMBA.

TBS Mango Shower Gel 250ml: This lathers brilliantly but I got really bored of the smell. WMBA.

It's my birthday on Wednesday so I'm thinking of treating myself to a few bits from Lush - does anyone have any recommendations? (No bath products please as I sadly haven't got a bath in my flat!). I've never bought anything from them before but I know I'll buy the It's Raining Men shower gel as a friend was gifted it and it smelled incredible!

Love Porridge soap as a body scrub, also Cup of coffee as facial scrub. Saw a You Tube haul earlier and Christingle sounded like it was amazing. My daughter lives Ocean Spray and King of Skin.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Oh dear, rather more INs than OUTs this month.

Ins:

REN
    Bought Guerande salt exfoliating balm and Wake wonderful night facial.
    Got free - full size Morrocan Rose firming cream, 15ml sample of BB cream and 10ml bio retinoid cream.

Hope's relief shampoo and conditioner - supposedly works on eczema and psoriasis so am hoping it might help my very dry scalp and not try out my hair like most anti-dandruff products.

Emma Hardie facial oil

M&S beauty advent calendar - supposedly the contents are worth £200 but it only costs £25 provided you buy at the same time as £25 worth of products.

Not much in the way of UU. One pot of Elemis pro collagen marine cream - I got this free at a Red magazine event. I am conflicted about this one - I like it but it costs a bomb and it has parabens in so I am not sure about buying myself. I have another free pot to use (the lone gentleman that attended the event sat next to me and gave me his goodie bag too) so will see how I feel after that.

I am quite minded to try Emma Hardie's moisturiser though as I am loving the balm and face mask I bought last month.
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 March at 3:48PM
    Options
    Deleted_User, you might like shower jellies from lush ( chop them up before use) santa's belly is Apple scented, whoosh is a fresh fragrance and there is refresher, needles and pine, 93000 miles and another one which I can't remembe brad name of. I love snowcake soap which is marzipan scented ( Christmas item). Just go and have a look staff are helpful but can be a little overbearing sometimes.

INS
    5 Lord of Misrule bath bombs, don't have an excuse but they seem to be discontinuing them again early so have stocked up to last the year till they next come ou
    Trilogy rosehip oil this was reduced at boots to £4.50 normally it is £16.50 so a bit of a bargain and I wanted to try this for a while.

Mamia baby bubble bath from aldi, someone recommended it and I liked the smell, not that I really need any more bubble for my bath.

UU's
    Mitchum roll on WMBA I have used this for many years and ha e decided to try other brands. Used to be a HG.

Batiste dry shampoo in oriental WBA did the job, have another on the go.

Lush penguin bubble bar WNBA this is not available any more and was purchased from eBay ad part of a bargain box. Not my favourite scent but works well

Future primative sugar scrub in cold pillow. WMBA I have been hoarding this for well over a year but it is time to actually use everything up and not hoard as much. It was the old formula which was more scrubby.

Lush life's a been scrub WMBA hate it, it was basically scented sand and such a pain to wash down the plug hole, had it 6 months and finally finished it.

Future primative blackcurrent, damson frangipane tree in one whipped soap WBA very user friendly product can be used as a shampoo, shower gel and shave cream. Lovely scent.

Schwarzkopf omega repair conditioner, WMBA liked the product but found the scent a little over powering.

Sassoon illuminating shampoo and conditioner 50ml each WNBA okay but not worth the full price.

Bliv knock off age sheet mask WNBA nice enough and fitted really well to my face shape but there other ones I prefer still have a few left of these.

Do organics Moroccan argon oil hair serum WMBA likes it and it lasted ages, have one more which I have just opened and can finally say I have no back ups.

Granny takes a dip bath ballistic WNBA it's a beautiful one to watch in the bath but the scent lets it down and it has been discontinued so can't get it anymore anyway ( they do have it as a bubble bar but I am not a fan).
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    More UUs here... trying to clear some space ready for some B&BW I have my eye on:T:T

Lush Cinders bath bomb- this was last Christmas or year before's stock and didn't have much scent to it. Probably won't bother with boms anymore, much prefer the bubble slices...a girl needs bubbles:):)

Ted Baker hand cream, have another in the stash, this has been spluttering for ages.

I should probably try and use of some of the smaller odds and ends to try and get more bits used up but struggle because you never know when you will need minis! That said, husbands always going somewhere or other for work and coming back with hoel freebies given half a chance:money::money:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • shandyclover
    Options
    Update...

GA

Garnier Oil Control Vanishing Cream

GUM hair serum

DD19 visited for the weekend. Living in London and working in Leicester Square she is finding everything is expensive and she is struggling to save. I asked her if she needed anything - we planned to go shopping but in the end did other things and then I checked my stash and realized she could I could give her stuff from there. I have no idea why I bought oil control vanishing cream. My skin is dry to sensitve. What is vanishing cream anyway?
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• savingfortomorrow
    Options
    i nearly bought a new eye shadow pallette today but i resisted. finished one foundation tester but found another. (the name was not written down so it will be a pain if i adore it).

i have many unopened bottles but i want to use the testers up.

my insomina has returned this week and lavender might help, i hope. there is no concealer or cream that can hide exhaustion.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »

My PP list for November:

1. Yardley Peony Hand Cream 100ml
    2. Bare Minerals Lip Gloss in Lollipop
    3. Balmi Blackcurrant Lip Balm
    4.[STRIKE] Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick[/STRIKE]
    5. Alpha H Anti Ageing Cleanser 100ml
    6. Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser 30ml
    7. No7 Cuticle Cream
    8.[STRIKE] Elemis PCMC 15ml[/STRIKE]
    9. [STRIKE]Body Shop Instant Skin Reviver (this just will not end)[/STRIKE]
    10. Beautannia Brideshead Bath Oil

My updated PP list.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    shandyclover - vanishing cream is to fade pigmentation and scarring.

I have some uu's

Clearasil Superfruit Refreshing Pads - there are 60 pads and I used one a day in the morning after cleansing. It was nice enough and caused no problems but this is an extra step which I don't need so WNBA.

Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver 50ml - I used this as a makeup primer and it worked very well, it is siliconey and feels nice and has a lovely orange scent. WBA.

No ins for November - my last in was a freebie last month and the last time I spent money on beauty products was August.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Gemzie121
    Options
    I've just got a pony on part loan so, must not make any more toiletry purchases now until all have gone! As need the pennies now for Savannahs feed etc. should be a good incentive. As long as my hoarding instincts don't now turn to hoarding horse stuff :eek:.

Anyway, one UU this morning, another Avon anew body lotion sachet. Wnba.

Some GA also, put aside a few body shop chocomania bits as a present for a friend for Christmas. I have too much of this range so instead of buying more, since she likes body shop, I'm going to get these out of my stash for her. I've got 2 or 3 of the full size body butters for a start and no one needs that many!! So I'll be giving her a chocomania body butter, mini scrub, shower gel, lip butter and a shower scrunchie thingy. that's a few less in the stash and I'm sure she will be thrilled at Christmas :D
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business