Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    hello Lucky, just dropping by to wish you and yours a happy new year

good news on the bowling and the bank XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Thank you for all the well wishes, especially those for peace and calm!!

Robin, not pushy at all. I'm grateful for any help and advice, particularly when sometimes I get lost in the mundane 'normal' and fail to see where changes could be made. I shall digest your post properly tomorrow when I'm not trying to do 5 things at once!!

Beanie, I also drowned my sorrows in chocolate lol.

Quick update as we are off to spend at least some of New Year's Eve with Paramedic Mate and his family who are having a house party. Will see how long DH and the kids last! Went to Goddaughter's grave today and left a card and a planter with bulbs in. Lots of her friends had already been and there were lots of new flowers and teddies. So sad. 16 is far too young :(. So, a bit maudlin tonight and tomorrow won't be any better, but I'm going to give my two an extra squeeze and enjoy their company tonight. Hope everyone has a lovely time, whatever you are doing. Here's to 2015!

Lucky Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Far far too young Lucky. Nice to know there are plenty of others out there thinking of her...

Enjoy your evening. I am eating frozen party food (cooked ofc) and improving my maths skills so that I can add up correctly. Then I shall be watching the best of the UFC & playing my new MarioKart game :)

Have a lovely evening xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • smarties84
    Options
    Just popping In To say happy new year and all the best for 2015 x
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning PLMBL

Happy Fresh New Year :j

Hope last night went well at Paramedic friends house.

This is going to be a good year. Positive thinking is number 1 on my resolutions list :rotfl:.

It we think happy, we will be happy. :o;) (Hopefully)

Hope you have a lovely relaxing day and hope that Dh is doing well.

xxxxx
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Happy new year lovely lady.

2015 I hope will be kinder to you and bring good things.

Much love Mes H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!

2015 will be a special one xx

October xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!

We had a lovely evening at the party. There were 41 people there, almost half were children and we had a great time until DS2 asked to go home at 10.30pm as he was tired. When he got home though the fresh air had woken him up and he then wanted to stay up for the fireworks on the tv at midnight! Both boys went to bed at about 12.06am :rotfl:.

DH and I went to bed at 1am and he went straight to sleep, but he was extremely jerky and I didn't go to sleep until about 3am as I was waiting for a seizure. He'd had a wave of fear yesterday afternoon so it seemed likely, but thankfully it didn't happen. Unfortunately DS2 woke me up at 4.40am to say he'd wet himself :eek:. That is not a normal occurrence so I assume he'd just drank too much juice at the party. On the plus side it had been contained by his pjs and hadn't actually wet the bed, so a quick change and he went back to sleep. I thought we'd get a fantastic lie in this morning but no, he was up at 8.30am. On a normal day that's a lie in but not when he would usually sleep for 11 hours and he'd only had 8.

DH isn't quite himself today, bit slower than usual and feeling tired. Will just have to keep an eye on him. I spent some of the time I was awake last night reading through my old diary as I was trying to find my debt figure for Jan 2014 so I could see how well I'd done in the last 12 months. For some reason I didn't comment on that, so I assume I had just updated my signature at the time :mad:. What did strike me though is that DH is no better 12 months on :(. His mood swings are the same, memory, seizure activity everything. This year will see the 4th anniversary of his accident, to think initially they thought he'd be right as rain within 3 months :eek::eek:. How wrong they were.

So, to debt busting! My total today stands at £2750 which is around a £21k reduction on what I owed at the time of DH's accident. When reading my diary last night I found a figure owed of either £5200 or £5700 (can't remember which :o) in February 2014. This means that I cleared between £2500 and £3k last year. This makes me feel more able to clear the £2750 that I have left this year, or certainly by the early part of next year. Can't wait.

Weight wise I'm over a stone less that I was last Christmas and 2 stone less that I was the Christmas before. A stone a year is good, but not good enough and I want 3 stone or more off by next Christmas.

So 2015, let's see what you've got!!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry that DH had waves of fear etc and that you got limited sleep! I hope 2015 is a lot better all round :A
    Must use my stash up!
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello lovely. You scraped through the New Year without a seizure. Has to be a good start to the year. Sad to think that there hasn't been any improvement, and especially sad that you didn't get what was hoped for at the time of the accident.

Looking at the positives; you have worked blooming hard to get to where you are now, without the job that DH used to have, and the life you used to have. If DH had been right as rain within 3 months, would you have achieved all that you have thus far? I doubt you would have gone about things in the same way.

I am holding out hope that the right combination of drugs and treatment works for DH in 2015. It would be lovely to see you this time next year talking about how far you have come since this very day. It will happen. Breakthroughs are occurring all the time. People are having pieces of their brain 'switched off' and I am sure there will be further things added to help very soon!

So, to 2015 hun. A year of good things for us all. I feel it in my bones. They don't lie :)

Happy New Year and love to you and your three fellas. xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback