Options

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    September
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    One of the things I liked most at the M Resort buffet was the Thai station - it was pretty small, but the red curry I tried was quite tasty and I rather wished I had discovered it before I had so much other stuff on my plate. :)
    Jen,
    We are trying the M resort buffet on our next trip, it gets really good reviews. I hear that beer and wine is included in the price, is this true, and if so how much are you allowed?:D
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    Options
    September
    photome wrote: »
    There is something interesting that has come out of this Ash situation.

If you are booked on a european airline they have a duty of care under EC regulations to pay for hotel,food and phone calls, if you are stuck, or offer refund or rebook with no charge if you are still at home.

BUT if it is an American airline those regulations dont apply and you are on your own (it seems)
    Yes but then again American airlines seem to be more flexibe in their attutude. they kinda self regulate and are more likely to try and help you out if they can. We needed the intervention of the E.U. to make European airlines do anything for the passengers. Can you imagine what Ryanair would be up to now if their were no regulations?
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    April
    stoneman wrote: »
    Jen,
    We are trying the M resort buffet on our next trip, it gets really good reviews. I hear that beer and wine is included in the price, is this true, and if so how much are you allowed?:D

It is true and I don't think that there is a limit overall but they will only give each person one glass at a time. They have cider too - but Jamie tried some and wasn't too impressed as it has sort of a very strong almost perfumey taste...I tried a sip and had to agree. They also have root beer at the beer/wine/cider station - if you ask for root beer from the waitress she'll point you that direction...Jamie said it was good.

They also have an espresso machine in the dessert area so will make lattes, etc...which we were quite excited about but as it happens it broke right before we got there - guy in front of us was the last to get something from it.

We thought it was the best lunch buffet we have had - though the hour wait was a bit much - we got there about 1:30 and thought that we would have missed the lunch rush but no.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • stoneman
    Options
    September
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    It is true and I don't think that there is a limit overall but they will only give each person one glass at a time. They have cider too - but Jamie tried some and wasn't too impressed as it has sort of a very strong almost perfumey taste...I tried a sip and had to agree. They also have root beer at the beer/wine/cider station - if you ask for root beer from the waitress she'll point you that direction...Jamie said it was good.

They also have an espresso machine in the dessert area so will make lattes, etc...which we were quite excited about but as it happens it broke right before we got there - guy in front of us was the last to get something from it.

We thought it was the best lunch buffet we have had - though the hour wait was a bit much - we got there about 1:30 and thought that we would have missed the lunch rush but no.
    Mmmmm, Root Beer!!
    EI do the best home brew I have ever had, Tracy says it tastes like Germolene:D
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    April
    Jamie says root beer reminds him of the taste of something from the dentist when he was a kid. Given the fact that he likes root beer I think this means that there's something wrong with him. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • bagby
    bagby Posts: 828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    March
    baza52 wrote: »
    McD's next to flamingo? Do you mean Burger King at O sheas?
    The only other mac d's down that way is next to Harrahs up the escalator.

thats the one I mean - up the stairs - flamingo is around that way isnt it???
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Three for Two

Stay 2 nights and your third night will be compliments of The Mirage.

Third Night will be removed upon departure.

Promotion Runs
    June 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010

Offer Expires
    April 26, 2010

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?host=group&pid=160&code=3for2

There is a $15 resort fee
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Starting to get a bit nervous now, due to fly out on 30th and the way things are going with the current flight situation, I'm not too confident about getting away.

We've only got one booking which is non-refundable (Vegas hotel £539) but after looking through the insurance (Travel Insurance Web) it looks like we'll be covered anyway - I certainly can't see any mention of exclusions due to 'acts of god'. If anyone else has the same insurance, perhaps you could have a look and let me know if you agree.

Many thanks
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    March
    I have friends who booked one of the big shows in Vegas but cancelled their trip due to illness in one case and family problems in another -even thought it was clearly stated tickets were not exchangable or refundable-when they called they were refunded so it is probably worth a phonecall to the boxoffice if you have prebooked show tickets.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tingtong wrote: »
    Starting to get a bit nervous now, due to fly out on 30th and the way things are going with the current flight situation, I'm not too confident about getting away.

We've only got one booking which is non-refundable (Vegas hotel £539) but after looking through the insurance (Travel Insurance Web) it looks like we'll be covered anyway - I certainly can't see any mention of exclusions due to 'acts of god'. If anyone else has the same insurance, perhaps you could have a look and let me know if you agree.

Many thanks

Hi,

Which hotel was it?? My parents were supposed to be staying at The Flamingo earlier this year, part of a three month holiday in the US, but they had to cancel just a week before leaving after my father was diagnosed with a medical condition that stopped him from flying. He'd booked on a non refundable deal but after explaining the situation they gave him a full refund. Always worth asking the question I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure