PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th August 2014

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

These Monday's come round quick!

Thank you for the new thread Natty

Monday Melee ~ Kitchen and Dining Room

15 minutes...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Clear 1 window sill
    Open windows and let in that summer sun!!!!
    30 minutes to spare...
    Sweep and mop kitchen floor
    Scrub out the sticky fridge!
    Got an hour...
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances
    Extra Mission : help yourself

• Clean the hob
    • shine the sink & taps..
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Also need to
    Unload and reload dw
    One load of washing
    Clean garden
    Mow back lawn
    Mow front lawn
    Weed front
    Buy more fencing
    Go to shops
    Meet friend for walk and lunch
    Go to gym
    Walk dogs
    Call vets
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in again. Got back last night after camping for three days. Had a great time. It was sunny when we got there so put the tent up in the dry started raining late afternoon. We scrapped our plans to cook our own tea and went to a 'dry' food place instead! Saturday was spent dodging the showers and yesterday was glorious! We have all come back with pink noses!
    Anyway ds2 at nursery today so just me and ds1 at home. We have had a lazy morning as we are tired from lack of sleep and late nights! Going to start now. Have about 4 loads of washing to do from the weekend and some ironing and will tackle Mondays list. We are going bird spotting this morning and then need to go and get ds2 some shoes as his pumps are getting too small and got trashed over the weekend. Also promised ds1 some reading time while ds2 is out! Will tackle the jobs around all of that!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just to say that the photos are gorgeous, pigpen - and that cake is beautiful! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Natty for covering another week.

We start our journey home tomorrow night and will be back Wednesday afternoon. I will really need to get back to flying.

Valli so sorry to hear of your friend, such a shock

Pigpen and Vanilla calming DD vibes for you both
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good morning all. Thank you for this week's list, we are back from our hols and in need of working through the list.

Lovely pictures pigpen, the cake looks lovely.

We got stuck in 9 hours of traffic on Saturday getting home from Cornwall after a fantastic holiday. So yesterday was spent emptying the car and washing (did 5 loads). Next door have had a new roof while we were away and our windows have been open so everywhere is covered in a thick black dust. Need to do some more washing and make a start on the lists. Was a late start this morning, was awake early but only decided to get up at 9 when the workmen arrived at 9 next door.

so first to do... put washing from last night out, reload washer, empty and reload dw and then start on the list. I also need to get some shopping and want to start decorating each room, even if it's just a tin of paint to freshen up.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning!

I am still runing on 'work' time so awake before 7 so I have pegged out 3 washloads, ironed all that was washed and dried yesterday, polished the Vallikids workshoes and taken DS's shoes into town to be heeled.

DW emptied, recycling out. Have thrown away have a box of own brand weetabix - I can't eat them unless they are swimming in milk, so I don't. DD doesn't eat them and now that they are 18 months out of date even DS won't touch them.

I have also composed a letter to the family of my memories of F. I have cards to post.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • rebeccaharris31
    rebeccaharris31 Posts: 144 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2014 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    Monday Melee ~ Kitchen and Dining Room
    15 minutes...
    Clear 1 window sill
    Open windows and let in that summer sun!!!!
    30 minutes to spare...
    Sweep and mop floors
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Got an hour...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Clean out your mankiest kitchen cupboard..
    • Clean the hob
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • 32 fling boogie..
    • Phone someone you love just to tell them so!
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Hello, I'm back (waves)

Although I think that posting on here helps, my computer and printer obviously doesn't, as my internet connection at home has gone AWOL yet again and so am having to use libraries - hence lack of waves and printer needs toner. Anyway ..... catch up time ......

Natty and Dusty Thanks for lists
    Pigpen Lovely photos and hope a good day was had by all?
    LW GWS vibes to Mr LW
    All holiday makers WB and hope you've enjoyed yourselves
    Mumof5 (I think) Glad to hear about Ginge
    Bonnie and any other returnees WB and welcome to Newbies as well.

Update Don't know if you remember that I'd been dot-to-dotting and had also reread Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui by Karen Kingston? Which had helped a lot and given me ideas? I've been sort of mix and matching with those, the day's list and RL. Add to that, I've made a start on crocheting some larger than usual squares and am hoping to have one finished blanket to sell some time over the next week or so.

Challenge As the f-word isn't allowed, lets just say I didn't pass! (But it's a WIP).

Right, more netting to do, got to be back home by 12.40 pm, so better get going!

Rebecca
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the lists Natty, very useful as I need to sort the kitchen out. Two weeks of minimal flying + dog + cat = unhealthy looking floor. 'Nuff said, I think.

First load out, second load twirlying.

Yikes, Jazee! Why do they think escaping is such fun? Not the best start to any day I wouldn't have thought but at least LittleyDog is safe. (Devil Cat, after more than five years of watching me walk a dog at least three times a day still, every time I take Mrs Dog out, squeaks to ask if he can come with us and tries to escape!)

The cake and the birthday girl are beautiful, Pigpen.

Hi Vanilla! :wave: I hope this week brings you cheerful times.

I'm going to post this here, but I should probably join one of the other threads if this is going to be a regular occurance. Found a slightly raised itchy mole on my forearm very near the site of the maddening bites over the weekend. Tried several times to get through to the GP's surgery this morning, and finally managed to at about 9.15, to be told that the receptionist couldn't give me an appointment, and a doctor would ring me back. Rather amazingly, one did within 10 minutes and gave me an appointment for 50 minutes later. He gave me a masterclass on why it wasn't one to worry about, to expect more probably on my back now that I am middle-aged (! Tru, dat) and what to look for in the future. I am very, very grateful to the NHS and my GP's surgery today. :T
    Better is good enough.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in - thank you, Natty :A

I really need to make myself do something every day so I am aiming for an hour a day minimum on the lists and half an hour minimum on some general sorting / tidying. Hopefully, I'll notice a difference soon!! :o

pigpen - lovely pics; 4 years have flown by!

Fizz - I think losing my music would be one of my worst nightmares! Hope you manage to recover most of it.

Valli - glad you had a good holiday; you certainly deserved it x

HB - you're an angel x

Ok - need a list ..................
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    List!

Monday Melee ~ Kitchen

15 minutes...
    Clear window sill

30 minutes to spare...
    Vacuum floor

Got an hour...
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Clean out your mankiest kitchen cupboard..

Clean the hob
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business