PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    For months DH and me have discussed the selling of the big old Hymer campervan in favour of a smaller, newer model….well the brown stuff has hit the extractor this last week… DH is off tomorrow am for the UK to “have a look at some real bargains” . Now I am not sure if this is the greatest idea he has ever come up with but as I was solely responsible the big Hymer and even went myself to Germany to buy and pick it up, while he worked so I haven’t got a leg to stand on really.

So I would like you all to think only lovely girlie type things for the replacement because I just know for certain he will be looking at engines not toilets/shower/cooker/heating. Oh he will no doubt make sure there is enough room in the fridge for the beerio’s and obviously a place to stow his bikes. He won’t consider the list I have given him regarding size, price, colour etc so please think of lovely campers only over the next week. I do have the final say but from lots of miles away and only internet photo’s it might be difficult.

I have spent the week sorting out French insurance for UK unspecified camper, asking daftie questions on how to tax one if we live in France but would need to tax it for the trip to the ferry – how daft is that one? Oh it was suggested it goes on a low loader to get here…YEAH and I am made of dosh – no chace.

Yesterday I emptied the accumulated “stuff” from said camper took most of the day and the junk is now piled up in a corner of the barn…..HOW DID THAT LOT EVER EVEN GET IN THE CAMPER? I will be extremely strict when it comes time to loading next one! I am currently washing all the bedding and the tartan rugs so they will be ready when he gets back to poke back in.

Today went out just after a swift lunch and spent the remainder of the afternoon scrubbing, vacuuming, polishing, washing down and generally working myself into a right lather…..its done, DH has been told to levitate into it tomorrow and not to even attempt to move from the driving seat or he is DEADED.

I did manage to sew 5 pairs of shorts for wee boys which was my this weeks list to do, so after the Loving Hands coffee morning tomorrow 10 – 12 I will get back into the swing of the sewing machines. I am only half way up the little preemie cross over cardigan so no knitting to add to this weeks total – but I will try harder for next week.

I would also like to thank you all for putting up with my infrequent visits lately, I have been pushed and no it wasn’t the spreadsheets – they were a doddle. It has been a husband who doesn’t understand the meaning of “I am busy”. As Anne has said it’s a warm and cuddley forum and I miss you all when I don’t get the time to get on and rave about something. Right I am off for a glass of wine – think I more than deserve that one. . I know I have missed newbies – for that I am sorry, welcome to you all; I have also missed the poorlies – I really do hope that your on the mend, fingers crossed for Mrs MP and a swift result.. You all take great care, love and cuddles winging their way to you at this very minute. Back soon - Jean x sorry I have written a book!
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Here she is ...if you look closely you will see the pink nail varnish...and Nora Batty wrinkly legs :rotfl:

pict3473.jpg

Anne
    x
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    PARCEL SHOUT
    thanks PIPPA S your parcel arrived this morning, pics are on blog and facebook page x x

we are running really low on the following items

CARDIES, BLANKETS, SLEEPING BAGS, ANGEL POCKETS, GOWNS, WRAPS, ETC

i have had another clean out and got another 6 parcels out to the hospitals on monday so that now 19 parcels this month,
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Elaine - have a great day!

Pippa - What lovely words! I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope the glowing nose dies down soon! That doll is wonderful and full of personality!

Oh, Jean, what a lot is going on in your life at the moment. No wonder you are ready for some wine! When we were looking at motorhomes, the most important consideration for us was to have a rear-end bathroom, and it's surprising how many of them don't. We, too, crammed ours with all sorts of things and I often wonder how we found room for ourselves in it. We had a lot of trips to Europe in it and it was ideal while we were househunting over here. The most girlie things I would want to make sure of would be heating, plenty of wardrobe hanging space so that you don't have to keep clothes folded, an easily accessible wine rack (!), plain-ish upholstery so that you can maybe knit or crochet blankets for it, the biggest water tank possible, and an easy way of draining down! I hope your DH comes back with the perfect camper for you! NO, men don't understand the concept of 'I am busy' - they're very much like toddlers in that respect, and it can really get on your nerves, can't it?

Mrs Twins - it would be lovely to include all your wonderful blankets on our spreadsheet so, yes please! Has my square arrived yet? I posted it a couple of weeks ago.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • happycrafter_2
    Options
    I am now following the blog which is very impressive, just knitting my first preemie hat need to do some catching up as I got behind with my knitting due to my bad cough.

I have some more wool waiting for me at my mums house plus someone at work has some wool for me as well :j
  • sock-knitter
    Options
    happy birthday elaine :bdaycake:

evening all, hope everyone has had a good day today.
    been pretty quiet here, no major fall outs.
    managed to finish off a few items last night and today,(all needed sewing up)

update
    2 oxfam jumpers
    2 baby hats
    2 baby cardigans

hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    3 sands blankets,1 crocheted blanket
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • Kinsey
    Kinsey Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Elaine sorry it's late.

Pippa that doll is just lovely, even the legs.
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2011 at 12:04PM
    Options
    UPDATE

2x Adult Hats / Pull on hats

(Will put all my pull on hats in one block as I do some for OCC / LH / Homeless but you dont want to block up your chart with loads of these - let me know if this is ok with you Jean / kathy - thank you xxx - in my sig though I have split them up so i can keep a record but adult hats will equal hats for homeless and pull on hats - am i being too confusing???
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ladies - Im trying to keep up with the coffee morning over on LH to raise funds but am not succeeding.

Belated birthday wishes to elaine - sorry i was not on yesterday - hope you had a lovely day xxxx

kathy / jean I know Ive probably completely lost the plot with the updating and dont want to confuse you - let me know how you want it which is easiest for you and then send me a "virtual" kick up the b****m :D

Ive not been great the last few days and am on a real down - dont know why just one of "my moments" - I did console myself by buying some wool last night from ebay although did haggle a bit on the postage as was buying shall we say errr a bit :rotfl:but am keeping it seperate at the moment from my charity wool - Ive promised myself to make a blanket and hat for the babies that are all coming in May - cousin - twins (1 pink 1 blue) - little sister - 1 (unknown) - neighbour 1 (1 pink) so that will keep me busy as well as my hats i want to do etc

Im off now hope you are all well and have had a lovely weekend will try and catch up later love to all xxxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport