PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Sunday 30th

Options

Comments

• Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Molly41 wrote: »

Hugs for a good day and I hope you all enjoy the extra hour. Spare a thought for night workers who have to work an extra hour and if you work for the NHS do it for free :eek::eek::eek:

Why am I not suprised?:mad::mad::mad:

Extra hour has made no difference to either of my kids, DD's slept badly as she's had a raging temperature on and off all night. Still got it this morning but for some reason she's not as lethargic, she's eaten 2 yoghurts and willingly had a drink so fingers crossed she's on the mend. DS was awake late last night, DD disturbed him as he was going off to sleep and I think he's a bit anxious about things for some reason. Heres hoping for an early night off both of them.
    Need to pop food shopping this morning and cook a chicken for tea. DS is also nagging about carving the pumpkins too so will do that aswell.

Hugs and spoons all round. Enjoy your Sunday OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Not posted in a few days, have been v. busy with a friend's 21st birthday celebrations (he's the baby of the group :) ) But now it's back to OS and also hibernation for a good while too!

Cleaned the kitchen and wash 1 of several is in the machine, need to have the heating on today so the clothes dry quicker.

We've run out of money till tomorrow so dinner is whatever is in the freezer, I'm thinking potato bake with spicy pork steaks for OH and fish cakes for me. Need to get some milk and bread (would make it, but i'm not in the mood) a bit a later, and also meal plan and do a shopping list for a big shop tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well, hugs to those who need them
    xxxx
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Using my extra hour to tidy the house as family coming later for lunch.

DS has rugby training and DDs and i are off to church.

My friend who is a neonatal nurse says if you work the night the clocks go forward you also work the night the clocks go back so you regain your hour. 6 months seems an awfully long time to wait!

Hugs to Molly, JackieO, NPM and Lou and anyone lease that I have missed.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 October 2011 at 10:23AM
    Options
    suzybloo wrote: »
    Definately agree with Molly re NHS workers - DD started at 8 last night in a busy A and E ward, and a 12 hour shift is bad enough but with it being a Saturday night and an extra hour she will be even more shattered!

i remember it well ,12 hour shifts in A+E were killers but the extra hour used to really drag me down ( never seemed to be on nights when it was an hour shorter though :cool:)
    betheebee wrote: »
    Got some reduced onions so choped and frozen..

didnt know you could freeze onions do you have to do anything too them before freezing?

Bitsy is there anyone who could have the kids for one night ? just to give you a much needed sleep , i can see by your posts how desperate you are for some rest hon x

just had 3 slices of bacon and some oatcakes for breakfast nom nom on my second cuppa, girls still in bed so peace reigns for now :)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wouldn't inflict my poorly wee girl on my mum and dad but will try and get them to have them overnight soon sistercas, need a night out with my hubby.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • brighteyes1987
    Options
    Morning all.

I haven't posted for a few days, so much goin on so many ups and downs.
    Somehow Grandad is still hanging on in there, there's no hope there it's just a matter of time which makes it worse,

But it's dd birthday weekend so fun all around. It's her bday 2moro but she had her party yesterday. It was fab!!! She had a great time at her disco. She had a foam machine and a giant dog who played games and entertained the kids. The face painter went down well also. And of course she was spoilt rotten and she hasn't had anything off family yet :eek: She had the most amazing cake made, she designed it herself lol, its a pink castle which has snow on the towers and all around the ground, with snowflakes on everywhere. She had all the princess's on the floor around it. Was Stunning!!

So a slower day today, ready for the mayhem 2moro morning!!
    Not much OS this weekend i'm afraid, more about dd and family time.

Have a great day xx
    March grocery challenge 147.28 / 150.00 :j

April grocery challenge 60.36 / 150.00
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2011 at 9:55AM
    Options
    Hi SISTERCAS,
    I just put them in a plastic bag and pop in the freezer, when they're almost frozen I give the bag a bash, normally wack it on the side of the freezer, (whilst thinking of someone of course ;)) so that they aren't in a solid lump. I can then pick out just the amount I need.
    I hate peeling onions so I get it done in one load.

oops, thanks JackieO, forgot to say I double or triple bag to keep them from smelling the freezer out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 October 2011 at 9:50AM
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ,well I have had a real lazy weekend so far ,hardly done a thing .DD came yesterday afternoon and we had a slow walk over to the shops and I got the essential bits that I needed then back home to a big pot of coffee and some chocolate eclairs courtesy of DD.I feel a lot better today but I'm still not going to knock myself out too much.I will bake some small cakes for the boys for later on this afternoon when I go around for my dinner but apart from that I am not bothering too much about the ironing or dusting it will still be there tomorrow when I feel a bit more energetic I'm sure. The weather is still mild at the moment so I haven't had to put the heating on which is a bonus but one of my friends keeps telling me 'Oh we will pay for this mild autumn winter will come in even more bitter than last year ' She is a very pessimistic soul at the best of times so I'm not too fussed.Well 8 week till the big day and I have bought 3 presents so far I just can't seem to work up any enthusiasim at the moment There is such doom and gloom in the media I wish there were something cheery to brighten us all up.I know some of the shops have got Christmas bits in already but I still think its a bit early yet.
    Well time to go and get some breakfast I think wholewheat toast with banana will give me a bit of get up and go I'm feeling a bit lethargic at the moment .Perhaps its the hour change.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
    Cheers JackieO xx
    P.S. Beth and sistercas thats exactly what I do with onions I do a 'job lot' in one go and then once chopped I triple wrap them in plastic bags and they go in the very bottom of the freezer.so handy when you only need a few and less wasteful than chucking out the half onion that lies forgotten in the veg basket.If I see a deal on onions I will get them and have a marathon peeling and chopping session
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Loved the extra hour here, I spent it in bed reading :T, still feel very rough, think I have a chest infection, will have to think about the Dr if it doesn't clear up.

OH has gone to the boot sale, and dd is still in bed, she is off out with her dad today, so a quiet day here, I did not leave the house at all yesterday, and I think today might be the same.

Bedding is in the wm, although its raining here so it will have to go on the airer.

Omlette and wedges for dinner, I really cant be a***d to cook anything more.

Sistercas, I hope your back feels better soon xx

Bitsy I hope ypu manage to rest xx

Kathy, I feel your pain xx

OK, need tea and toast, have good days all xx
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

Sometimes I think I should post a "yesterdaily" as what I say I'm going to do ends up being something completely different. I cleaned the kitchen yesterday including pulling out all the junk from down the sides of the fridge and freezer, hoovering up the cobwebs and dust, and then binning most of the junk. Little black cat keeps sitting in the empty space looking confused :rotfl:

Today I have a little bit of ironing to do, some apple pies to make and I'm going to let the house elf make some halloween fairy cakes.

The house elf didn't wake up until 6am new time :T I've been on a campaign all week....he's been waking at 5am and I didn't fancy getting up at 4am after the clocks changed. I've kept him up late all week...and last night put him to bed at 8pm. He has had a good long sleep, and hopefully we won't be seeing 4am most mornings like we did last winter.

Take care all of you, and I hope the poorlies are feeling better soon, with extra get well hugs to little Miss Bitsy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure