PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

os daily Monday 21st March 2011

Options

Comments

• silvermaid
    silvermaid Posts: 643 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Gers I'm really happy for you :) :T

Happy birthday Flutterby I hope you have a great day :) :bdaycake:

:bdaycake:That is for yesterday EG glad you had a great weekend:)
    Silver x
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx :laugh:
    As Cranky says, "M is for mum, not maid".
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Dull, chilly and overcast here but dry underfoot. DH up and off to work at stupid early o'clock. Had intended to get up and go for a jog this morning but slept solidly from when I went to bed to when the alarm went off at 6.30am - think the sleepless night Friday night caught up with me.

DS1 had rugby match yesterday morning, they lost narrowly but an excellent game, but some really crunching tackles, one lad taken to hospital with either dislocated shoulder or broken collar bone.

DH was gone out sorting marquees from the caravan rallies until mid afternoon, so we had paella for dinner last night. Tonight we have smoked sausage pasta with creme fraiche. I did manage to get 2 doz cupcakes, 1 doz maids of honour and 1 doz coconut tarts made yesterday whilst he was out.

No doubt work will be heavy going again this week, think that is the way it's going to be - at least I still have a job.

Have put a load of washing on the line this morning.

Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning

Happy Birthday Flutterbyfiesta.gif

I have a "to do" list as long as my arm today. It includes buying rubble sacks, hammering the cladding off the garden wall (the bits that haven't dropped off on their own, painting the wall once the cladding has gone, cleaning the fish tank and making cakes, so a bit of a mixed bag today. I also have washing and ironing to do.

The house elf's face is tripping him because it's a school day, poor boy.

Take care all of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 March 2011 at 8:59AM
    Options
    Happy birthday to all who are celebrating and those whom I've missed I was busy yesterday so didn't get a chance to log on.Such a beautiful spring day that I went for a long walk in the country park with DD and her eldest dog.He like me isn't in the first flush of youth so we amble along at a reasonable pace.Her little dog is in season so she had to stay at home.DD is very good with her dogs even though she works full-time she walks them every day plus rides her exercise bike for 6 miles every night.She has dropped around 22lb since January 1st and I am so pleased for her.She is determined to get back to a healthy weight. Bearing in mind she has had five children out of six pregnacies over the course of 8 years I think she is doing brilliantly She says she wants it to come off slowly as hopefully her tummy won't have too much excess that way.I have been going along with her since the start of February and I too have lost 16lb without too much of a problem which is good for my joints if nothing else.Clothes are starting to get a bit on the baggy side so by the summer some new clothes will be needed in a smaller size.
    Beautiful morning this morning, and the sky is looking particulrly blue over the River Medway at the moment from my study window .School run with the boys then some Uni work to do on my essay.I hope everyone has a good and <<hugs>> to those who are feeling down or poorly
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Flutterby and belated Birthday Wishes Essex Girl.

Fingers crossed SisterCas and Hester.

Well done Gers, fantastic news.

DH's work is having a shake up and a move round of roles with in the next few months and we are hoping that this will mean promotion for DH before September, if an external candidate doesn't trump him. If he doesn't get it he has said he will seriously start looking to move.

The sun has come out and the sky is blue and it is a lovely spring day out there. Need to get a wash load hung up and another load in and unload/load the DW.

Sweet Potato, spinach and lentil Dahl with cashews and a blob of yoghurt and Cumin flatbread for dinner tonight. It is a new recipe for me, so we will see how it goes.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Morning All

Happy belated birthday Essex girl smiley-greet001.gif
    Happy birthday flutterby smiley-greet003.gif

Had a bit of a frost here last night and it is still quite chilly, but the forecast looks like it is going to get warmer :D

Got quite a few seeds sewn yesterday and they are all in my utility room.

DH has a blood test today and then we have got to tax the car, we are then going to card factory to get his mum a mothers day card and birthday card (hopefully DH will get mine at the same time ;) my birthday is the day before mothers day so I have been promised a pamper weekend :D)

Have given up on low carb per-sey and am back on WW. I haven't lost as much as I thought I would :( and since I have been eating normally I have lost 5lbs :huh: :doh:

Dinner tonight is chicken wrapped in bacon with broccolli and new potatoes in their jackets.

Have good days all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thank you for all the birthday wishes :A. Essex-girl, happy belated birthday for yesterday, hope you had a good day xx

I had a lovely meal out with my friends last night :) the food was yummy and I enjoyed the company, not been out with proper company for awhile! One of my friends gave me my presents yesterday - she got me the new Gordon Ramsey cookbook from the F Word programme and a lovely scarf :D looking forward to reading the cookbook. The girls also got me a cake, which the restaurant put candles on and brought out to me! Not had a cake with candles for years, not since my 18th (I'm 29 today - eeek!).

Today I'm off to local day spa for a hot stone massage :j cannot wait, really need to relax so hopefully it will do the job. Then the girls are picking me up and we are going to the small out of town shopping centre for shopping and lunch. Normally we would go to a big city one like Cardiff or Bristol but I wasn't sure how I would be feeling so wanted to stay local. Luckily I'm feeling ok at moment.

It's very cloudy and foggy here, couldn't see anything outside when I woke due to the fog! It's cleared a bit now.

OS wise - bu88er all cos it's my birthday! :rotfl: Well I did empty the DW, but that's it!

Have a good day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

A nice morning here too.

Hope things go ok for those anxious about their jobs and well done Gers on the promotion
    Welcome Miecherox
    Happy Birthday Flutterbyuk, hope you dress felt nice on your night out, also belated Birthday wishes for Essex Girl, sorry I missed it:bdaycake:

Dh at home today in the office so will be helping after a quick nip to the post office. Need to get all the Australia paperwork out and begin to get organised (we already have our permanent residents visa).
    5 lb loss so far which I am pleased with, it's coming off slowly but surely:D Butterfly Brain you've got to do what suits you I know lots of people who swear by WW. The Low carbing is working for me at the moment, although its slow I think its something I can sustain and its made my IBS much better

Tea tonight will be meatballs and pasta with garlic bread for the boys

Have a good day everyone x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hi All

Happy Birthday Flutterby.

Happy Birthday for yesterday Essex-girl

Welcome Micherox

Good luck with jobs Sistercas and Hester

Good news Gers

Hope you're enjoying uni Jackie O

Good wishes for a productive day all who are tackling the housework, renovating houses and looking after children and all who cross and follow.

We are having a short break in York Mon to Fri with DD as we didn't get to Japan and DH wants a holiday. All arranged a bit fast for me over the weekend-got a last minute let of a house near the Minster reasonably priced quite OS so driving up this morning if I can pack some clothes. Don't like motorway driving or being a passenger but DD will nab the front seat as usual when she's home so can sit in the back and shut my eyes!
    Hope the sun shines!

Will take the lappie as house has Wi fi.

Have a good week.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning my lovelies :D

Flutterby - Happy Birthday, have a fantastic day lovey hbday.gif

Essex Girl - I am so sorry I missed the fact that it was your birthday :o No idea how we missed it. Belated birthday wishes for you and I hope you had a lovely day cake.gif

And just for Gers, well done on the job :T

Got out of the wrong side of the bed BIG time this morning :o DD was pushing my buttons with her awkward moaning behaviour (apple don't fall too far from the tree does it? :o :rotfl:) H was in a mood with me because of it so all in not a very good start to the day because of my lack of patience :o I've just made my mum cry with laughter bcause I was telling her about it and said "it's DD's fault she started it" :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway one load of washing hung outside, sun is trying to shine so fingers crossed it dries. Just put another load in WM.
    After pre school run I am going food shopping and I NEED to do some baking today.

Nowt else going on. Got aches and pains in one knee, one foot and pulled a muscle in my arm. Anyone got a spare working body I could have?

Have a great day OS or not. Hugs, spoons and high fives all round.

Sorry if I've missed anything else :o Got to go and get DS in his uniform.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport