Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I asked the boys what they wanted to do this weekend. DS2 wanted soft play and DS1 wanted swimming. We did soft play today and we will be going swimming in the morning! Swimming only costs £2 so I was pleased to be able to say yes to both :T.

Will have to keep an eye on funds overall though. I've bought a lot for Christmas already and haven't even touched my savings yet, but I've left us quite tight. Ideally I'll be able to avoid using the Christmas savings full stop and then it can be DS2's birthday party fund instead, but that might be a little ambitious! I'm only managing small debt overpayments at the moment too but I can't do everything!

DH has been VERY short tempered today, both with the family and with random strangers. He was glaring at a little old lady in the queue in front of us as he thought she was looking at him funny and then he was off with the cashier as she was talking to a colleague instead of concentrating on us. He may have had a point each time, but in my opinion his reactions were totally OTT. He jabbed DS1 in the ribs for not listening to him and then got a real shock at how roughly he'd done it when DS1 burst into tears :(. Not good at all.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Happy new diary. I've caught up at last. Hopefully things are going well with the new tablets and :j for the counselling.

Talking about Christmas, one of the girls in work just put up a facebook status saying that she spent £25 on an advent calendar for her DS. Totally crazy :eek:
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    £25 for an advent calendar :eek:. Was it Lego or yankee candle or something? My 2 have got chocolates ones at the ready, £1 each and I was only so organised in getting those the other week because I had a £5 off £40 spend voucher for Mr T's, and adding up my shopping on the way round told me I'd reached £38.24 and I needed to spend the extra £2 :rotfl:.

We went swimming this morning which was good fun, and then went to see MiL as she wanted help with 'something'. Turns out the something was booking a cottage for us in Yorkshire during the boys' Easter Holidays :j. I'm so chuffed! She was rather horrified to hear that I had been referred for Counselling and that I was giving up Beavers because I was struggling with everything, and she wanted to treat me :T. The cottage has enough room for MiL to come too but she said she might stay one night during the week and otherwise it's our holiday just the four of us.

And then to pull me back down to Earth, DH has been having waves of fear this afternoon/evening :(. Fingers crossed we avoid a full seizure Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hurrah for holiday cottages :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,548 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What fab news about the cottage! So pleased for you :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    WOW Lucky!! How do I wangle me one of those MiL's? I am not so sure why she was so shocked at the counselling/Beavers thing though. I couldn't do Beavers with just one child and a part time job, let alone 2, and a hubby who can't unfortunately be by himself very often for very long. And everyone needs a bit of a release sometimes and counselling is a great and safe way to do it. I'd be a bit taken aback if you told me you'd taken up cage fighting or something, but not counselling ;)

I think the Easter Holiday sounds like the perfect thing to look forward to. Easter will be here before you know it!!

As you know, I also bought advent calendars for me (and Him) sometime back over the last 2-3 months. Mines My Little Pony, his is Marvel Avengers ;) and they were both £1 too. Also Him has splashed out and bought me a sonic the hedgehog retro christmas jumper :rotfl:

If you have to hit the savings to cover any shortfall this month then don't sweat it. As you say you haven't touched it for the presents yet. Don't leaver yourself flapping! :)

Lots of hugs xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • It was a lego calendar. Eejit lol

Fantastic news re the holiday. So nice that she is recognisng what you do and she has the money so why not. My wee Mum used to do stuff like that for me. Fabulous xx
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    great news re holiday - what a treat x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you MiT, Beanie, SA and Sparky.

Lol Lilt, cage fighting sounds fun :rotfl:. I think everyone just assumes I'm coping because I always do. MiL is great, truly, but DH is always her number one concern and I don't know if she even thought about the impact on me. She said thank you yesterday though, and that she didn't know what she'd do without me.

DS1's calendar is The Simpsons and DS2 has Spiderman. The chocolate is probably naff but they are thrilled with the picture anyway! They have also been bought Dairy Milk ones by Gran so at least they get good chocolate too! Your sonic jumper sounds awesome :D.

Well we avoided full seizure last night but I still had a rotten night. DH was snoring like a warthog, I've never heard anything like it! He was also quite jerky so I was on constant alert. On top of that DS1 was sick through the night and is off school today. Thankfully he managed to be ill in the toilet this time so less cleaning up in the early hours. Last time he was sick all over the floor, in the bath and in the sink! Not nice!
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Glad there was no full on seizure, and sorry about the warthog snores!! I like worthogs since lion king but not sure I want to share a bed with on.

Poor DS1 - there are so many bugs going around at the moment (and mini high five that he reached the loo!) x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure