🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone bought from Elite Savings?

Options

Comments

• FOXHOUNDER
    Options
    Yeah Moneybookers sucks to be honest I failed to purchase 3 times from them because it wouldn't accept my Visa Debit Barclay card and I had to transfer funds into Moneybookers the long way before I could place the order, so it's believable that they ran into problems.

They told me they expect movement next week (customs) and if I don't then they will contact customs. So its just a waiting game now.
  • deadlybreathe
    Options
    FOXHOUNDER wrote: »
    Well I've ordered from them on the 21st June and everythings gone smoothly. They've replied to every email I've sent promptly, they sent out the laptop on time as stated on their website, they've provided me with tracking to see where my laptop is at the moment. Looking at the tracking I can see it's hauled up at customs ¬_¬ and has been for a week, I'll keep you updated on what happens.

A lot of the users here are cancelling their orders because they don't trust them, the thing with Elite Savings is you need to actually know you can wait that long for your item because they don't ship the item to you within a day they take around 15 business days.

Hi!

I'm waiting with an impatience for a result. Could you please let me know what kind of postal/courier service are they using that they've sent you the tracking number for? If it's some kind of an unknown postal service then it could just as well be a scam. And btw, you've mentioned that your parcel is currently with the customs... So is it still there or has the information been updated?
  • ipadlover_3
    ipadlover_3 Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2010 at 6:04PM
    Options
    I have ordered a ipad from elite savings on 27th july and kept emailing them to keep up to date, they said that they will send me a tracking number on the 17th, and they also said that it takes 5-7 days for customs to get through a container, once i saw this thread i got so worried and im just hopping ill get my ipad sooner or later, and that my money has not gone to waste. So far ok for me
  • ozzjim
    ozzjim Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I have an agreement with them now that if the item has not cleared customs by next friday I get a full refund. They say they have never know customs take so long, nearly 4 weeks now.
  • deadlybreathe
    Options
    I've canceled my order. They said they'd process refund on Monday. I purchased Archos 9 tablet from them but after reading all the posts here and on other similar forums, I've realized it's not worth taking the risk and I'd rather loose 10%+0.50p instead of waiting hell knows how long and then just losing another 10%. Found the same item that's gotten already upgraded to windows 7 ultimate for just 50 quid extra on eBay. Though still I'm really interested if anyone will receive the actual products that have been ordered, so please keep us - the readers - updated.
  • ipadlover_3
    Options
    That great you can get a full refund i wish i could do that right now , and instead add £70 and get my ipad from apple or pc world
  • ipadlover_3
    Options
    Are you people saying i have to wait pretty much 2 months till i receive my item????
  • OneManArmy_2
    Options
    ipadlover wrote: »
    Are you people saying i have to wait pretty much 2 months till i receive my item????

yh lol. Been waiting for nearly 2 months and nothing is here yet. Told them im gonna cancel if it dont come next week
  • ipadlover_3
    ipadlover_3 Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2010 at 10:20PM
    Options
    but is yours at customs right now and what about the tracking number is that helpfull
  • ozzjim
    ozzjim Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    just says awaiting clearance from customs and the company don't reply to email (tracking that is). Been that way for 4 weeks now. Even with back logs I think 4 weeks is taking the !!!! in customs. I would like to know where in the UK it is so I could try tracking through customs itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport