Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I enlisted the Ombuds' office. Ombuds found in my favour, ordering Iresa to 1) apologise and 2) pay me £30. That's all well and good, but the actual cause of my problems -- Iresa replaced my opening readings with numbers they seemingly pulled out of thin air -- has not been solved. In fact, the Ombuds seemed to take Iresa's word that the delay in fixing the opening reads was because of a delay on my previous supplier's part.

Exactly this!

Ombudsman gave Iresa until 31st Aug, still on going now.

I have now complained to the ombudsman about their own service and also taken it to Ofgem.

Neither have replied.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 November 2017 at 4:13PM
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    Was thinking the small claims route but I'm a bit concerned that IRESA will go into insolvency so slightly reluctant to do that.

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service extra help unit (EHU) have been involved for the past 2 weeks. After a week IRESA just said they couldn't give any timescale for producing a final bill.

EDF have said that IRESA should have been sent through the flows by the data collector on 16th September when EDF received the D86 themselves, and IRESA have at no point instigated a missing reads procedure with EDF.

EDF are being incredibly helpful and are getting together some further evidence to show what has gone on.

But IRESA say they haven't received the opening meter reading from EDF (which is probably wrong) and IRESA have shown no inclination to chase up with EDF through the missing reads procedure.

IRESA are now asking me to send them the opening bill I received from EDF many weeks ago. I think that is an attempt to put further obstacles in the way.

There is no dispute on what the agreed opening reading is and really they just need to bill based on the agreed opening read.

The EHU have done all they can to date, and good on them for giving it a go, but IRESA just seem to be acting as if they have a complete exemption from having to resolve this or comply with the 6 week requirement under license condition 27.17.

I've asked IRESA to confirm that their response to my complaint of refusing to pay back my credit is their final response so I can take it back to the Energy Ombudsman, but they refuse to say their response is final.

It is now 14 weeks since my transfer from IRESA to EDF, and still no prospect of getting my credit back from IRESA.

IRESA still claim they have not received the flows from EDF and have refused to instigate a missing reads procedure by contacting EDF.

The only progress is that IRESA have rung EDF for what appears to be the very first time this afternoon in 14 weeks, to get the closing/opening readings. Despite the intervention of the EHU over many weeks unbelievably this is the first time IRESA have contacted EDF.

However IRESA have now told me that they won't provide a final bill until they have confirmation of those readings. So as IRESA don't seem to be doing anything more, there is no prospect of a final bill.

IRESA are demanding that I send them a copy of my opening EDF bill, I've responded to point out that isn't how the missing reads procedure works.

I contacted EDF a while back to get copies of the original flows sent through to IRESA to show they were sent through. This was sent through to IRESA by the EHU via EDF I had understood. Unfortunately it seems to be have been a copy of the flows sent to EDF that were forwarded rather the flows to IRESA.

I've gone back to EDF again to get a copy of the original flows that were sent through to IRESA's data collector by EDF's data collector, so that they can be sent through to IRESA via the EHU. It looks like the proof can be obtained.

Have to say EDF have been extremely helpful here, and without that help I don't think we would be able to work out exactly what happened re the flows :T

My advice, if you are thinking of switching to IRESA, don't :(
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For those undecided whether to stick or bust with Iresa when their current fix ends, their new tariff rates are now up on their website (Flex5). These show an approximate 6% increase over Flex4 in terms of unit rates for both fuels: the standing charges are unchanged.
    I've got until February to mull it over...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    For those undecided whether to stick or bust with Iresa when their current fix ends, their new tariff rates are now up on their website (Flex5). These show an approximate 6% increase over Flex4 in terms of unit rates for both fuels: the standing charges are unchanged.

Glad we were able to renew the contract at the Flex4 rate, prior to our current fix ending and the new Flex5 rate being announced. :rotfl:

Also noticed that Iresa appears to have speeded up the processing of meter readings. Provided an end of month electricity meter reading yesterday and it has already appeared in the records and processed in the transactions account. :T
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just looked and that does seem to be completely correct

For the North West region the unit price increase is about 5.7% for gas and 5.6% for electricity with no change in the standing charge for either fuel.

In numerical terms someone using say 12500kwh pa of gas and 1500kwh pa of electricity would see a £30 increase in annual cost over their old IRESA tariff.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which would seem to support the view that Iresa's cash flow is not as dire as some of us thought: I expected to see a rather larger increase.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 November 2017 at 12:34PM
    Options
    One new point of note is that Flex 5 variable is at a higher rate than the fixed.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Which would seem to support the view that Iresa's cash flow is not as dire as some of us thought: I expected to see a rather larger increase.

Not so sure about that - the unit rate increase in my region appears to be ~5.54% exc VAT - BUT as a "new leccy only customer" they are predicting a DD more than 9% higher?? Can only think that they are loading for Winter usage -or they want more cash inflow!!!
  • poppellerant
    Options
    Anybody whose direct debit was due out at the beginning of the month should check to make sure it has left their bank. Noticing Iresa hadn't taken payment from me, my bank told me they haven't even tried to take a payment at all - so the problem wasn't at my end or to do with my bank. Iresa confirmed over the phone that several customer's payments have also not been taken when they due.

So make sure Iresa have taken payment from you, before spending what might seem like more than you normally have in your balance.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Not so sure about that - the unit rate increase in my region appears to be ~5.54% exc VAT - BUT as a "new leccy only customer" they are predicting a DD more than 9% higher?? Can only think that they are loading for Winter usage -or they want more cash inflow!!!

Sounds like you either have used different anticipated annual usage assumptions or you overestimated your usage when you joined them and are now benefitting from a reduced mopnthly payment, not only for the lower usage, but also to repay the over-payments you made earlier.

Iresa don't load for winter usually, but charge you 1/12th the anticipated annual cost

How do you work out my fixed payments amount?

First we calculate your consumption charge by multiplying the unit rate by the annual consumption you provide.
    • Consumption Charge = Unit rate * AnnualConsumption
    Then we calculate the standing charge by multiplying the daily rate by the average number of days in a year (365)
    • Standing Charge = Daily rate * 365 days
    The Consumption Charge is then added to the Standing Charge to give a total charge before tax
    • Total Charge before Tax = Consumption Charge + Standing Charge
    After this, we apply the tax at a rate of 5% to get the VAT Tax.
    • VAT Tax = 5% * Total Charge before Tax
    Finally we add the total before tax to the VAT Tax to get the Total Charge after tax.
    • Total after Tax = Total Charge before Tax + VAT Tax.
    This amount is the value in the Estimated Annual Cost for the tariff
    For the monthly cost, we divide the Estimated Annual Cost by 12.
    • Monthly Cost = Estimated Annual Cost/ 12

http://www.iresa.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

I think there is also a term saying you should not go into debt with them, but they help prevent this by taking the first payment early, i.e before you've used anything. Iresa pay interest on any accrued credit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure