Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• cam192
    Options
    Sorry: lost track of the very large thread. :-)

Anyway it's all good news and I would recommend Bott&Co if other routes fail.
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    cam192 wrote: »
    Sorry: lost track of the very large thread. :-)

Anyway it's all good news and I would recommend Bott&Co if other routes fail.

I would always recommend the DIY route, but if you don't have the time to devote I'm glad you've found a NWNF sols that's worked for you and in the end, you got a portion of your due compensation.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Dave_Z
    Dave_Z Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone had Bott & Co recommend not pursuing the case further? They said BA's defence is likely to be upheld by the court so they can no longer represent me on a NWNF basis. No mention of anything to pay but am a little worried because of the T&C's, despite their website saying you will never have anything to pay if you don't win.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have seen another post where Bott pulled out. I would not expect to have to pay for them not progressing and, should you decide to chance your luck in court, I would expect 100% of the compensation to be yours....although if they won't take it on you need to think carefully whether you want to do it yourself or just forget about it
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Dave - it would be useful both to your good self and to the rest of us inhabitants to know *why* Bott recommend discontinuation. They have huge experience in this area so it would be useful all round to know their reasoning. And you never know someone here may provide a contrary view and the appropriate ammunition.
  • Dave_Z
    Dave_Z Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2016 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Dave - it would be useful both to your good self and to the rest of us inhabitants to know *why* Bott recommend discontinuation. They have huge experience in this area so it would be useful all round to know their reasoning. And you never know someone here may provide a contrary view and the appropriate ammunition.

Bott sent me BA's formal defence. BA have said the reason for the delay is that the inbound aircraft was delayed due to snow. There was snow at Heathrow that day so have no reason to disbelieve this. We were at Denver waiting for the return leg of this flight. From my understanding as snow would count as extraordinary circumstances this 'knock-on' delay therefore wouldn't be covered, so I'd tend to agree with Bott.

I have seen the odd story around the web about payouts for knock-on delays, but I would think such results are rare at best. I suppose you could make a case for somewhere like New York (where BA have a large crew base and plenty of aircraft knocking about) that they could've taken more action to avoid/reduce delays. Denver is 1 flight a day so I don't really see how I could argue they could've done anything more.

Looks like the end of the road. Still not heard back from Bott, but I guess if they were pulling out of cases and dumping charges on their clients it would be well documented on here so hopefully, nothing to worry about.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strictly meteorlogical conditions only apply to the flight concerned, not yours - section 14 in the preamble of reg 261/2004 :
    "(14) As under the Montreal Convention, obligations on operating air carriers should be limited or excluded in cases where an event has been caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such circumstances may, in particular, occur in cases of political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that affect the operation of an operating air carrier."
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2016 at 10:47AM
    Options
    I am right in saying that Bott issued a press release about various wins caused by knock on weather delays in fact......
    ...... NoviceAngel goes digging .....

Ok I'm back,

Hmmm couldn't find what I was looking for, might be confusing it with the bird strikes victory, all I could find was the general guidance http://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-delay-compensation/claim-guides/flight-compensation-bad-weather

I agree then, it's certainly not an impossible case to win but a difficult one. Mark2spark did write about knock on weather delays http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59429463&postcount=580

Still just as valid as the day it was written. Dave - I hope you can persuade Bott to fight the case for you, but if not we'll all do our best here to help if you want to go it alone.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 January 2016 at 12:10PM
    Options
    See here for weather knock on delays:

http://www.flightdelays.co.uk/blog/2015/1388/another-win-at-court-for-flight-delays

Perhaps see if these people will take it on for you.

Becoming a bit less impressed with Bott.

EDIT: and this

http://www.flightdelays.co.uk/blog/2015/1395/another-weather-court-victory-for-flight-delays
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    See here for weather knock on delays:

http://www.flightdelays.co.uk/blog/2015/1388/another-win-at-court-for-flight-delays

Perhaps see if these people will take it on for you.

Becoming a bit less impressed with Bott.

EDIT: and this

http://www.flightdelays.co.uk/blog/2015/1395/another-weather-court-victory-for-flight-delays

There it is, knew I'd read it somewhere, thanks Vauban, your encyclopaedia of a brain comes to the rescue!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure