The Great 'What women want for Valentine's' Hunt

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
Great Hunt: Hello ladies - how you doin'? (er... what would you like for Valentine's?)

With Valentine's Day coming, this week we want to know what women want (there's a million-dollar question - ML). So please tell us to give men inspiration (next week: vice-versa). PS. Remember, we're a MoneySaving site.

View all past Great Hunts

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• wendles_2
    Options
    What we really really want is something imaginative, something different from anything you've gotten us before.
    Something that shows you've taken care and actually thought about it.
    How about tickets to see a favourite band/show?
    A surprise picnic in the park (weather permitting of course).
    A poem/letter saying how life has changed (hopefully for the better) since we met.
    An erotic novel (not 50 shades, everyone's read it).
    If you don't cook - write an IOU 10 meals.
    If you don't clean - put on a pinny and be a naked butler for the day!
    A hot oil massage?
    Hope that's given you some ideas. :j
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a nice card would do. And a "me time" voucher. Maybe a bunch of daffs. I'm a cheap date, lol.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would be happy with a cup of tea in bed, personally, although a new air freshener for my car in the shape of a heart would be nice. :)

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spring flowers or flowering bulbs.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some books for my kindle, some bulbs for the garden, some recent photos of the lads being sweet/ messy/ huggable, some new tracks for the MP3 player?
    Doesn't have to be big or expensive just thoughtful. Please not a card, unless you made it, or it's part of a running joke & not some I-Paid-Hallmark thing.
    Or just three bad jokes - of the "laugh so hard I almost !!!! myself" sort. Laughter is the most effective aphrodisiac...
  • SharkyGeorge
    Options
    A small box of fancy chocolates (e.g. Charbonnel), maybe M&S flowers and definitely a card (homemade is great). Am in a relationship and love any chance to celebrate - especially during such miserable weather - but don't think that means having to break the bank and buy gubbins!
  • LMC148
    Options
    Something that I actually like(! hard, I know) that I can use or wear; a pretty key ring, a scarf, a pen...Failing that, please learn my fave perfume :)
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing - it's not about presents. It's about presence.
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • jshea1571
    Options
    We delay gifts so they are more appropriate. I shall take my wife for her Valentine's meal whilst in Spain at Easter.
  • snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Options
    I only want a card from him. I will live in hope. Again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure