IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vcs Doncaster airport parking charge notice

Options

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    legoland wrote: »
    Thought I'd heard the last from these. Over two months since the supposed "offence" and about 7 weeks since I got the PCN, and today I've got my "Final Demand Notice" (same letter as thelooneytuner in the previous page of this thread) in the post. So much for the strict deadline of 14 days!

From what i understand the deadline of 14 days only applies to real pakring tickets, not your average ppc type rubbish.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Thelooneytuner
    Options
    Well I thought it was all dead and gone, seems not now as I have received a letter from roxburghe solicitors with quite an interesting bit at the bottom!

C601AE1A-80E9-4F8D-8C7F-3EB7D2D0372A-6790-00000414A96EEC0A.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't read it but it looks like the standard 'fully aware of the anecdotal information' letter. It's already on the links on the fifth thread down (PPC letter chains) and you really should just be playing snap with thses letters by now. We have preview pics of all of them. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thelooneytuner
    Options
    Yeah that's pretty much what it says. Didn't notice that phrase on any others hence why it threw me.
    Trying to put a timeline on it and hopefully help others as well as getting advice myself :)
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Basically ignore them, roxburghe have now been banned from the datalink to the dvla for gross misconduct , they cannot now get addresses from them. Like others in my signature below they are basically scammers so ignore them
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And Roxburghe aren't Solicitors, even when they pass themselves off in phone conversations as staff from 'Graham White Solicitors' (aka GW).
    See this pepipoo thread by Alexis, showing you how the Roxburghe letter template system works and that the Roxburghe (non-Solicitor-firm of course) clerks pass themselves off as 'GW' when calling people:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=52809

Worry not, this is just a scam like a Nigerian Lottery-winning email. Just play snap with your letters, have fun! :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pjsando
    Options
    hi i go to Doncaster airport at least twice a year. The last time i believe was may. i usually park in a closed off entrance way outside the main car park. at the side of a roundabout. This is so i don't have to pay and just wait for my parents to ring me so i can go straight into the airport car park when they come out.I always have my 3 year old daughter with me whom usually needs to get out for the toilet. this method of parking is used by lots of other drivers. now today i parked in my usual spot. as did a mini bus taxi at the side of me and three other vehicles did the same thing at the other side of the roundabout. we are not obstructing any access as there isn't anything at the end of the closed off road. i am not in the way. I noticed today a white van driving around parking near vehicles then driving off. It said mobile CCTV on the van. At first i thought he was looking to park. Then because he came round several times thought he was checking for airport security to make sure no cars were abandoned. When the time came to drive into the airport car park, i noticed signs saying do not stop or park in these areas. why on earth are they doing this and can the £80 fine be enforced.The signs are every where on the public highway as well as pull in places. someone please help.
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Dont worry about VCS

No its not enforceable, so just ignore !
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • Thelooneytuner
    Options
    pjsando wrote: »
    hi i go to Doncaster airport at least twice a year. The last time i believe was may. i usually park in a closed off entrance way outside the main car park. at the side of a roundabout. This is so i don't have to pay and just wait for my parents to ring me so i can go straight into the airport car park when they come out.I always have my 3 year old daughter with me whom usually needs to get out for the toilet. this method of parking is used by lots of other drivers. now today i parked in my usual spot. as did a mini bus taxi at the side of me and three other vehicles did the same thing at the other side of the roundabout. we are not obstructing any access as there isn't anything at the end of the closed off road. i am not in the way. I noticed today a white van driving around parking near vehicles then driving off. It said mobile CCTV on the van. At first i thought he was looking to park. Then because he came round several times thought he was checking for airport security to make sure no cars were abandoned. When the time came to drive into the airport car park, i noticed signs saying do not stop or park in these areas. why on earth are they doing this and can the £80 fine be enforced.The signs are every where on the public highway as well as pull in places. someone please help.

You will recieve exactly the same as me! Enjoy the free toilet paper and don't stress
  • Thelooneytuner
    Options
    Received a complimentary letter from Mr Whites sollicitors the other day, it now adds the bill up to around £400 or so. Will get a pic up soon.
    I seem to be collecting quite a wad now haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport