Spill the beans...on which firms ignore your 'no cold callers sign'

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
edited 17 April 2012 at 6:15PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Spill the beans...on which firms ignore your 'no cold callers sign' [IMGRIGHT]http://images.moneysavingexpert.com/images/spillthebeans2.gif[/IMGRIGHT]

There’s nowt more annoying than unwanted salespeople knocking on your door. First stop is to display our free No cold callers sign, but many others blindly ignore these and knock anyway, so we want you to name and shame the companies not obeying your sign.

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• pcw12kcox
    pcw12kcox Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Avon ignored the sign. When I pointed it out to the rep the response was "Oh - that doesn't apply to us". :mad:
  • Jinxed
    Jinxed Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    E-on
    RSPCA
    Virgin Media
    N-Power - on the night N-Power arrived, I'd already had two others at the door so I told them they should leave the area cos its a no cold calling area - AND it was about 9pm!!!!! I wasn't happy.
    I also don't like it when JW's knock on and although they aren't 'selling' something as such...I still don't think they should be allowed to knock on doors.
  • Dollyanne57
    Dollyanne57 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2012 at 11:42PM
    Options
    PENNINE ( the double glazing/conservatory firm ) Not only did their salesman ignore the " no cold callers" sign and ring the doorbell but he peered in through the front window when I didn't answer the door quick enough. Looking back I really should have complained about him.
  • Martin_R
    Martin_R Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    The latest people to ignore the No Cold Caller signs on my Estate are Battersea Dogs Home.
    I love Battersea, but these callers enter security gates when someone is leaving and say the signs do not apply to them. I have pointed out that he signs are official police/ trading standards/ islington Council signs and there is fine of up to £500 if caught. They say Battersea will pay the fines!
    I phoned Battersea and hey themselves said signs such as these do not apply to them!
  • cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surveyors from a double glazing company - not sure who they are but my husband gave them our phone number when they knocked the first time and they have been ringing non stop ever since. Number is 0118 986 5460. Luckily for hubby our landline phones have call blocking on them so I blocked the number after the first call.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    safestyle -apparently they arent selling anything they just are knocking to set up appointments for the sales team:mad:
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We're very lucky where I live. Just the JW's and one or other energy company a couple of times a year each.

I don't have a sign up but as I can see the road and path to my front door from where I sit to work I can almost always see who is coming and ignore them if not interested.

I probably answer the door to a cold caller about once every couple of years at most.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • money69
    Options
    EVEREST double glazing - and I was told I was rude because I pointed out the sign on the door.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TalkTalk - and the lad carried on shouting about "free" broadband thru' the letterbox when I closed the door!!
  • Vedder2008
    Vedder2008 Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    British gas ignored my sign on the front door and came round the back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure