Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 17th Jan 12, 8:22 PM
    • 29,703Posts
    • 45,322Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas (part 6)
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:22 PM
    Making Cards - Ideas (part 6) 17th Jan 12 at 8:22 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, the fourth thread here - Part 4,
    and the fifth thread - Part 5, it may be a good idea to look at these first for advice or ideas.

This Forum Tip was included in
    MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-12-2015 at 4:31 PM.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 26
  • CraftyLouise
    I get mugged by the spendy elves and come away with loads.
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    Wifey they must be the same spendy elves as the ones I get mugged by everytime I pop my head into the Range Just can't leave that place without buying something....

For those who are interested I have just blobbed a decopatch project that I attempted yesterday and adjusted this morning when I realised my J was back-to-front d'oh!
    First time doing this particular craft and I must admit I'm quite pleased with how it turned out

Right, off to eat, bathe and get dressed as much like FF I've been in the room of craftyness since about half nine and only just seen what the time is I blame the mini album I was making! Another first for me - it's a DT project for next week - there are photos on my FB but you'll have to wait a week for the blob post
  • THE-WIFE
    Thanks FF, you're a star but the original outline that my customer gave me had about six words on it including 'happy birthday so I think I'll have to look at those little letter squares that I think come with paper packs. I have a set somewhere but it's not going to look as good as the real thing like yours but thank you for the kind offer. I might try UKScrappers and see if anyone has a set tucked away.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• artydoll
    • By artydoll 11th Mar 12, 6:44 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Hi all ,just a quick visit to say I am still around,not yet crafting,though my flooring is down and room finished,but now I have my other room full of stuff to sort [where did it all come from?]cant even find my craft stash ,will buckle down to the job tomorrow,get it sorted ,then I have some food shopping to do .
    big hugs if you need them and big hugs to you even if you think you dont.
    xxxx
  • Glittermum
    Evening all! Just wanted to say thanks for the FB love today re my wedding fair! There's a pic of my stall on my you know what if anyone's interested!
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 11th Mar 12, 10:52 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,514 Thanks
    mooomin
    Oops, just succumbed to the SC&P subscription offer with the free Flexmarkers

In other news, I've done nothing this weekend apart from make cards and blog, so there's plenty to read if you're bored
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, £100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
    • HelenPie
    • By HelenPie 12th Mar 12, 9:38 AM
    • 502 Posts
    • 5,205 Thanks
    HelenPie
    FF I got my images the other day so thank you!! Just waiting for my Promarkers to arrive then I can show you all the lovely things I do with them

I've started making our mother's day cards - all ready to mount a picture now

Went to the Range on Saturday and bought myself some sentiment stamps and brads and paper flowers. So very excited!! I was very good though and put lots of things back and stayed under my budget. Sooooo proud of myself
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13!
  • toots666
    Hi all,

New to this thread - stumble upon when I was browsing mse website. I've been card making for a while now, but sometimes runs out of ideas or times, and started picking this back up recently and making our wedding invitations just now.
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you, had a read through some of the threads and finding away around and swapping tips and hints. With me not paying attention to the crafting when I've been busy, am now behind with the new crafts and promarkers you guys been talking about, so about to go googling! Have a good day and will hopefully not write an essay next time
    • HelenPie
    • By HelenPie 12th Mar 12, 12:25 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 5,205 Thanks
    HelenPie
    Hi all,

New to this thread - stumble upon when I was browsing mse website. I've been card making for a while now, but sometimes runs out of ideas or times, and started picking this back up recently and making our wedding invitations just now.
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you, had a read through some of the threads and finding away around and swapping tips and hints. With me not paying attention to the crafting when I've been busy, am now behind with the new crafts and promarkers you guys been talking about, so about to go googling! Have a good day and will hopefully not write an essay next time
    Originally posted by toots666
    Hello toots and welcome

I'm new here, too. Everyone is very lovely though and I'm sure will be happy to welcome you to the thread
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13!
  • julie03
    hello to all the newbies

just seen this on FB http://www.we-heart-deals.com/index.php

good deal for anyone wanting any spellbinders

x
  • THE-WIFE
    All sold out by the looks of it, Julie but thanks for the link.

toots, welcome the Spendy Palace, we do our utmost to help you spend your hard-earned cash on bright sparkly things you are in desperate need of but just didn't know it
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• CraftyLouise
    hello to all the newbies

just seen this on FB http://www.we-heart-deals.com/index.php

good deal for anyone wanting any spellbinders

x
    Originally posted by julie03
    It was a good deal, I got me some wonky squares for just less than £9!!

Planning on having a quiet evening on the sofa with my promarkers as I'm a little bit of pain after two exercise class in a row! Abs tomorrow so will probably not even be able to type by this time tomorrow
  • CraftyLouise
    Oh and Wifey thanks for your lovely comments on me blobbit xx
  • toots666
    Thank you for the warm welcome!!
    And googled pro markers - they sound fabby!! and yes i think i will be spending lots of money on all these bright and sparkly things..... that my OH probably tells me i dont need lol
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 13th Mar 12, 10:20 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,514 Thanks
    mooomin
    Thank you for the warm welcome!!
    And googled pro markers - they sound fabby!! and yes i think i will be spending lots of money on all these bright and sparkly things..... that my OH probably tells me i dont need lol
    Originally posted by toots666
    Oh he's wrong. Very very wrong
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, £100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
  • CraftyLouise
    If anyone wants a 10% off code for lilli of the valley it's SCP10 x
  • CraftyLouise
    Help needed please! In the middle of blobbing and can only find one challenge to enter!
    They're new home cards - some with ribbon , some with crystals, two have teddies on
  • paddingtondoo
    Help needed please! In the middle of blobbing and can only find one challenge to enter!
    They're new home cards - some with ribbon , some with crystals, two have teddies on
    Originally posted by CraftyLouise
    You need to looky here at Feline Playful
    off the top of my head Sundays with Crissy is animals and i think Ladybug Crafts is anything goes - make it monday is always anything goes
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• RustyFlange
    Hey all, do you remember me? ... and am I allowed back in lol .....

I come bearing Cake!!

Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
    • Marg
    • By Marg 14th Mar 12, 9:09 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Hey all, do you remember me? ... and am I allowed back in lol .....

I come bearing Cake!!

Originally posted by RustyFlange
    Hello! - it's a bit early for me to eat cake but I bet Wifey is putting on her lime green cossie even as I type. Hope you are well & Miss M is feeing better. x

Don't faint folks I'm about to blog a card for the current challenge if the topic is still Springtime? Not blogged for 6 months so hope I can remember how.........
  • CraftyLouise
    Cake is ALWAYS welcome lol! I'm actually going to be baking tonight - long story but it's a girl at work's birthday soon and she is normally based up in our Scottish office. However she is down south with us tomorrow and Friday so I thought I would spoil her with cake

Plus it gets me mega brownie points with the rest of the office lol!
    Last edited by CraftyLouise; 14-03-2012 at 2:06 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

306Posts Today

2,302Users online

Martin's Twitter