Making Cards - Ideas (part 6)

Options

Comments

• HelenPie
    HelenPie Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Hello lovely people :wave:

Thanks for the LOTV code :D

Can anyone tell me about Glossy Accents? I keep seeing it mentioned......

I've made my first card for a male - and very proud I am too. I'll try and find a challenge for it soon.

Hope everyone's ok xx
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HelenPie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about Glossy Accents? I keep seeing it mentioned......

Glossy Accents are the mutts nuts :D

It looks like a cloudy, runny glue and you can use it over anything you've coloured as it dries clear and makes the image shiny (I use for Christmas baubles, to give the appearance of shiny shoes, cherries on cakes, that sort of thing)

However, the reason I absolutely LOVE it is that you can use it as glue too so I use it to stick down images and embellishments and they really hold fast.

It's worth investing :D
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree with FF Glossy Accents is wonderful stuff although I always have a pin handy coz I seem to get air bubbles in mine :D

Although I have developed a liking for Anitas Tacky glue as it sticks organza ribbon :D

Sorry I've been missing - we finally have somewhere to live :j my husbands Scottishness came out and I had to wangle the last little bit out of him with a lot of eyelash fluttering and a promise of going back to work. We did get a rather good deal on it as I was in charge of negotiations :rotfl:

I've spent most of the last 2 days on the phone and was up at 4:30 this morning as I had so much going on in my head so will probably drop off on the sofa about 8 if the cat will let me :p
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • julie03
    julie03 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Options
    i love glossy accents always got some to hand , great for embellishments.

glad you have somewhere to live Padster, good luck with it all x
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all, been a busy few days at our allotment so not as much time for crafting...though I have still managed to buy a few bits n bobs and bake a divine sponge cake ;)

I love Glossy Accents, I have a bottle of the Anitas 3d glossy stuff but haven't tried it yet as I am still using the teeny bottle of glossy accents that I bought over a year ago :eek:

Hope everyone is well xx
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • CraftyLouise
    Options
    THE-WIFE wrote: »
    Brownies are a bit slim but I do persevere with them, Louise.

lol! Not made brownies in ages.... mmmm!! However cake of the day is to be a coffee sponge with ginger preserve in the middle :D
  • CraftyLouise
    Options
    Although given my luck at the moment the blooming thing will either develop brake issues (car), spring a massive leak (washing machine) or have to take massive tablets 3 times a day and have a blood test (me)!! *sigh* please let that be my three!!!!
  • LindseyandMatthew
    Options
    Just made this for nurses who are looking after my Mam at the moment, I really think I am improving with my card making now

SDC11468.jpg
    BABY SOPHIE BORN 14/08/08
    Matthew born 09/07/2001 (7 weeks prem)
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No:37
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just made this for nurses who are looking after my Mam at the moment, I really think I am improving with my card making now

SDC11468.jpg

Thats really pretty,your coming along nicely :D
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Not been crafting as still busy sorting out my other room,this one is finished,but everything out of a large wall unit was chucked in boxes by my son[as I cant carry] and now I have to trawl through them all ,and find new homes ,or chuck,or charity shop them
    I emptied 2 boxes this morning ,so now I,m on here for a rest..........
    Hope you are all fine and dandy,should have gone to the hospital today[ only for a rewiew of my medication]but couldn.t make it as both my son and daughter are ill,one with ear abscess ,and the other with sickness .So I have rescheduled .
    big hugs to all
    xxx
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills