December 2011 - Grocery Challenge

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    morning all, not long til santa comes now :) had tea at mil yesterday so today were having casarole for dinner, nsd as we don't need anything
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    helen, have a great christmas and big thank you for all the work you do keeping our budgets in order :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Helen, thank for all your hard work with keeping us in order. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Will have to add another £75 to my total later. Have been to Ald! And MrT to stock up. Hopefully that should be it now until the new budget except for milk.

Did Chicken with chorizo and bacon last night in the slow cooker. So glad I did as DH was out with the kids buying my present and I wasn't sure when they would get home and I took a tumble down the stairs so was in no state to sort dinner when they came home. Everyone ate it and said it was yummy so I was pleased. Let me know if anyone wants me to put the recipe up.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

I took a tumble down the stairs

i hope you ok
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Helen, thank for all your hard work with keeping us in order. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Will have to add another £75 to my total later. Have been to Ald! And MrT to stock up. Hopefully that should be it now until the new budget except for milk.

Did Chicken with chorizo and bacon last night in the slow cooker. So glad I did as DH was out with the kids buying my present and I wasn't sure when they would get home and I took a tumble down the stairs so was in no state to sort dinner when they came home. Everyone ate it and said it was yummy so I was pleased. Let me know if anyone wants me to put the recipe up.

Would love to see the recipe please.So sorry to hear of your fall,
    hope you are not bruised too much, Shakes you up dosent it.
    Best wishes.
    Slimming World at target
  • Hope you are ok tigerfeet2006!

Declaring at £490 for December and Helen can I try again for my usual £450 for January please.

I am going to mull over the cash only or separate bank account for food spends only options. I think both would probably help me as I am definitely a "slap it on the card" kind of girl and therein probably lies my first problem! I bank with HSBC and have a normal account & a savings account with them. Is it easy to arrange to have an additional account?

We have got all we need for xmas now & won't actually have a lot of time for food shopping today or tomorrow so hopefully that will be the spends for a few days.

Merry christmas to everyone and thankyou all for your support and contributions.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Hi all,

Completely blown this months budget. Could I please set £400 for January?. Have already spent some of January budget on laundry liquid from Mr T's.

Eveie
    April GC 9th-7th may £0/£320
  • Declaring for Nov/Dec at £428.48. Almost £100 below budget. Very happy with that indeed.

Dec/Jan budget starts today, going to drop my target gradually, because even though I've come in a long way under both months I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, so aiming for £500.
    Clean credit file:12 mths
    Car loan: FREE! :j
    THE PLAN: 1.Pay off debt £8808.42(£3254.45, £1570.32, £2698.33, £0:dance:, £1000, £285.32) 2.Save monthly for Christmas/insurance etc £150 per month 3.Save for emergencies /£1500 4.Save for our B&B £????depends which one takes our fancy :D
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 December 2011 at 11:59AM
    Thanks for your concern folks. I was extremely shaken and am bruised to booggery, it hurts to move BUT no concussion, no broken bones and no trip needed to A&E. I have very strong painkillers anyway due to other problems so I have been maximising those. Think the worse was I was alone in the house at the time and having gone top to bottom I was paniking to start with as nothing seemed to be moving right and I couldn't get to my phone easily but as I sorted myself out it soon became clear that I was fine.

Long Tall Sally, I have 3 accounts with my bank and had no problems opening the extra ones. I also have acoounts with a different bank as well. My grocery money goes in a specific account and that is what I have to spend, it focuses the mind some what.

OK then SC Chicken with chorizo and bacon (gluten and dairy free)

MrT frozen Simply Cook Chicken Thighs 1KG (£2.49), MrT Continental Selection Chorizo, chopped into quaters (£1,49 used half and the rest will go in sandwiches), MrT value cooking bacon 500g, chopped (99p, half used in this and half to be used in a cabonara tonight), 2 medium onions, sliced (from my 4kg sack, so pennies) 2 garlic cloves, crushed (pennies again). 3 or 4 carrots sliced (MrT market value 2kg 89p, so pennies), 2 tins chopped tomato (MrT value 38p), Potatoes, chopped into quarters (MrT market value white potaoes 5kg £1.69 so pennies), frozen peppers, a couple of handfuls (MrT sliced mixed peppers 500g £1), black olives 100g (I had half a jar lurking in the back of the fridge but MrT black pitted olives 330g 79p, so you can get 3 meals out of a jar), 1tsp paprika, 1 tblsp parsley, 200ml chicken stock (or 100ml stock, 100ml white wine if you have some to use up)

In a big pan fry off the chicken pieces and put in SC, fry off chorizo and bacon and sling in the SC, fry off the onion, garlic and carrots and bung into SC. Add the rest of the ingredients to the SC and pop on low for the day. You have a complete meal and there is no need to cook extra to add to it when you come home.

This served 5 of us plus a portion for the freezer.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • I am finally able to post again. I'm afraid i have lost receipts since i last posted. The ones i have take me to £325.69. So i will be way over. I don't have a final figure to declare, so its a big fail this month.
    I would like to thank Helen for keeping us all on track :).
    :xmassign: to you all.
    FS x
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business