Its tough, it will get better and guess what its freezing brrrrr!

Comments

• katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    howdi folks!

Been without internet access all week but it is in the process of getting sorted now, so while it's working at the moment i thought i'd pop on here and catch up with you all. Hugs to all who have/are having a tough time of things right now (((hugs)))
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    NualaBuala wrote: »
    Feisty ladies (and warrior-goddesses) indeed! I am so lucky to have you all. :) Ceridwen ... have you considered hiring yourself out as a professional lifter-of-spirits? :A Could be a nice little side-line.:)

What has started off as a nightmare has ended with me counting my blessings and overflowing with gratitude because of how kind everyone is.

Professional lifter-of-spirits????? Moi....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. Hm....more of a "I know when a bit of !!! needs kicking and I'm quite prepared to kick it if I have to" sorta person....:rotfl:. I'm a fighter my lass - and thats what I was hoping you would do - and I see you have decided to:D
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 11 December 2010 at 9:18AM
    [QUOTE=NualaBuala;39251416

Catz, that is one of the loveliest things anyone has ever said about me ... major boost, thank you!!! You poor love, hope your chest is better soon. Take good care and enjoy those yummy muffins.

[/QUOTE]

All true my dear! Often when I post I feel invisible and not part of things iykwim but you always notice and are lovely! You deserve a much better lot in life and I hope with all my heart that it comes right for you!

Indeed the muffins were very yummy especially while still warm! Mmmmmm! In fact I will put the recipe up just in case anyone wants to try it. Can't remember where I got it (could be here) but am so grateful as they are lovely and freeze very well!

Fool proof muffins

Pre-heat the oven to 200C
    Dry ingredients:
    275g plain flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    100g sugar

Wet ingredients:
    240ml milk
    90ml vegetable oil
    1 egg, beaten

It doesn't really matter what sugar you use. You may wish to substitute some orange juice for the milk if it seems to suit the recipe (this makes lighter muffins but they don't seem to keep so long). You could use melted butter instead of the oil.

Muffins are made by mixing the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another (or a jug) and then adding the wet to the dry - mix until there is no dry flour left, but that is all.

But before we mix - we need some flavour!

For Double Chocolate muffins, substitute 30g of the flour for 30g cocoa powder. Then add 100g chopped chocolate to the Dry ingredients - or for Chocolate Cherry muffins add 50g of chopped cherries.

For Apple muffins add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the Dry ingredients, and 2 chopped apples (skin on is fine) to the Wet, and a handful of sultanas if you like. Top with brown sugar for extra sweet crunch.

For Banana and Chocolate add 100g chopped chocolate to the Dry, and 3 small bananas, mashed, to the Wet. (The most heavenly smell ever when they are cooking!)

Add a good handful of fresh berries like blueberries to the wet ingredients, along with a splash of vanilla, for summery berry muffins.

For healthy breakfast muffins (healthier, anyway!) add 50g oatbran to the Dry bowl, and a couple of tablespoons of honey to the Wet. When the muffins are still warm, drizzle more honey on top.

Once you've decided on a flavour - combine the 2 bowlfuls as directed above. Only gentle but firm mixing is required. A lumpy-ish batter is produced, which you then scrape into 12 paper cases in a muffin tray, and bake for approx 20 minutes at 200C. (Until golden on top and a sharp knife stuck into a muffin comes out clean.) Allow to cool on a wire rack - if you can bear to!

Easy to make, cheaper than many shop bought alternatives (depending on the choice of ingredients) and not full of yucky additives.

If not all gobbled in the first few minutes, muffins keep well for several days in an airtight container. They can also be frozen, and if put in a lunchbox in the morning, they will be defrosted in time for lunch

Catz x
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Dee5565
    Dee5565 Posts: 148 Forumite
    NualaBuala;
    I am so pleased you have decided to appeal, will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Take Care Dee
    DEALING WITH MY DEBTS ONE AT A TIME
    £10 a day challenge for Aug £48.35 / £310
    NSD August 6/14

• bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Nuala Buala,

so sorry to hear of your difficulties, keep your chin up. It's probably going to be a bit of a slog as these things go.

It's awful to have to deal with it as well as having to cope with being ill.
  • ubamother wrote: »
    What a lovely gesture - if they don't actually need anything physical, is there an activity they may like - cinema trip and pizza/bowling/wet and wild/theatre/pantomime etc. that way they get something from their godparents that they can thank them for, and you haven't added any clutter!

Thats a great idea, will have a chat with OH when hes down from putting the boys asleep - thanks x :T
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Just thought I would de-lurk and add another message of support for Nuala - yesterday you were upset and demoralised. Today you are angry and determined - good! And it's great that your sister is on side in this - as nice as people on here can be, it still helps to have support from people in your other life!

I would suggest you start researching ME if you haven't done so already. You need to arm yourself with evidence that this condition does exist, evidence from your GP that you have got it, and evidence that it does impact on a person's ability to function (sister can probably help dig up info on those days you haven't got the energy). Then when the jobsworths start trying to knock back your claim you can bombard them with proper documented facts and figures. You get nowt in this world without asking, and sometimes you have to keep on and on and on asking, bit like water wearing away a stone.

You are in the right, they are in the wrong. You have paid taxes into the system, now you have rights to help under the same system. Go for it!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Dippypud
    Dippypud Posts: 1,927
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    NualaBuala, try this site for guidance and info, you don't have to join, but I did and it really helped to get the info together for my DS1s DLA claim.

I know yours is not DLA, but they have advice on medicals and appeals for all Disability related claims, (ESA, IB).

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance

Hope this helps
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z # 40 spanner supervisor.
    No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thought.
    Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.
    "l! ilyë yantë ranya nar vanwë"
  • ....and now for something completely different...

After months of worrying about whether or not I'd be kept on after November for a few more months in my present fixed term appointment .....worrying what we'd do when my time was up....worrying about how we'd pay the bills ..

:j I have a new job! . . . :j and a new employer! . . . :j and its full time! . . . :j:j and its permanent!

Whoooo! Thank You God :)Thats my Chistmas present sorted !
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done charlies aunt, its so good to hear the good news :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure