PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas breakfast-Ideas please

Options
Is there anything i could put in the slow cooker overnight for xmas day breakfast?

One thing i always make the kids do before we see if santa has been, is have some breakfast, this used to be sat on the stairs at our old house as you couldnt get to the kitchen without going through the main room.

But now we have a dinning room i really would like us all to sit down and enjoy a yummy breakfast before all hell breaks lose ( 4 kids under 10) LOL, and the kids start to eat hundreds of chocolate bars!!!

Any ideas would be great, as i want to set the table with one present for each person at breakfast time, and enjoy something easy but nice.
Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST

Comments

• dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    I know this is very forward planning but i just love christmas, and have to plan every last detail!
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • K9cuddles
    K9cuddles Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Options
    We normally have a fry up.. not sure that would come out very well in a SC!!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 092

::£2 - CSC - Terramundi is filling up!! :: Joined 3/3/06 :: 5/2/07 - 835kg + £280 Banked!!::
    ::5p,10p & 20p - Savings Tin :: Founded 9/4/06 :: 23/3/07 - 3.2kg ::

Lost to date - 9kg (22/8/06) Next weigh in 2007!!
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Porridge? I don't know if you can do that in a SC, but it's quick to do anyway. Then hopefully, they'll be too full to gorge on chocolate bars for at least a couple of hours!
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    THis is VERY forward planning. THere was a recipe for breakfast casserole in the SC which was like a coronary in a dish, but did taste nice, sausages, eggs, cheese I think, and bread and probably some other stuff. Mine turned out like a savoury 'eat-me-if-you-dare-' bread pudding. Very naughty but very nice.
    I would opt for fruit and yoghurt considering the excesses to be indulged in later...
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We all love our boiled eggs and they are especially nice with our hm bread now! You could have scrambled eggs with something nice such as sausage or bacon or beans. Quick and tasty!
  • ziggy2004
    Options
    how about a continental breakfast fresh rolls with different meats/cheeses/jams and orange juice you could even make croissants or pain au chocolats
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    I'm afraid I let my kids have chocolate for breakfast on Christmas morning :o It's their only chance to avoid porridge:D
    I only cook one meal on Christmas day;)
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    We normally just have cereal or something else light, then there's lots of rooms for DINNER:D
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    K9cuddles wrote:
    We normally have a fry up.. not sure that would come out very well in a SC!!

There is a way to do it in the SC which involves wrapping bacon into rolls and standing those up in the SC, add sausages and tomatoes, cook overnight on low (remembering to drain off all the fat/juices before serving). ;)

Porridge would be another SC option.

We go for croissant as our Christmas breakfast by order of my youngest - mainly because they are so quick to heat from frozen in the oven :rotfl: giving him more time to get to the nitty gritty of the morning ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    scuzz wrote:
    We normally just have cereal or something else light, then there's lots of rooms for DINNER:D

:T :T :rotfl: :T :T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts