Just dial saver lite (merged)

Options

Comments

• Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Is this a daft question but can I use jds with NTL or is it instead if NTL? and can you use the other pre dial things to call overseas of its cheaper through them with jds too? And the saver one at 8.99 pm is that completely free calls all day and night to uk local and national phones? I cant see it says anything about connection charges either with the lite or the saver is that right?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • pricefighter
    Options
    Lady_K wrote:
    Hi,

Is this a daft question but can I use jds with NTL or is it instead if NTL? and can you use the other pre dial things to call overseas of its cheaper through them with jds too? And the saver one at 8.99 pm is that completely free calls all day and night to uk local and national phones? I cant see it says anything about connection charges either with the lite or the saver is that right?

No you cant use it with NTL only BT.However if you havent already done so you can use https://www.call1899.com to reduce your call charges.with Ntl.By using there 0808 freephone access number.1899 will give you cheaper UK,Mobile,and Intl Calls.
    PF.
  • pricefighter
    Options
    ads wrote:
    Hi,

I have recently noticed that Just Dial Saver offers free evening and weekend calls. I was already a customer but had been using 18866.com for all my calls. Once I realised the calls with Just Dial Saver were free in the evenings I tried it to make a call at around. I then checked my online account the next day and found the call had a charge associated with it.
    I tried to contact Just Dial via their customer service contact email.

I have heard nothing back and it's been nearly a week now. Firstly does anyone know why I should have been charged for the evening call? Secondly, are Just Dial Saver still doing OK as I haven't heard a peep from them?

Hope someone can help.
    Cheers,
    Ads

If you were on Just Dial Saver Lite the call should have been free.I must say i am reading bad reports about their cs,not replying to various e-mails.
    PF.
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    ads wrote:
    Hi,

I have recently noticed that Just Dial Saver offers free evening and weekend calls. I was already a customer but had been using 18866.com for all my calls. Once I realised the calls with Just Dial Saver were free in the evenings I tried it to make a call at around. I then checked my online account the next day and found the call had a charge associated with it.
    I tried to contact Just Dial via their customer service contact email.

I have heard nothing back and it's been nearly a week now. Firstly does anyone know why I should have been charged for the evening call? Secondly, are Just Dial Saver still doing OK as I haven't heard a peep from them?

Hope someone can help.
    Cheers,
    Ads

Was the call to an 01/02 number ?
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • ads_2
    ads_2 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you were on Just Dial Saver Lite the call should have been free.I must say i am reading bad reports about their cs,not replying to various e-mails.

I assume that I'm on the Just Dial Saver Lite package. I can only see 2 options with jds and I don't pay any monthly fee. Could it be that I wasn't automatically moved onto the jds lite package when they introduced it? I actually joined jds a few years ago but have only just noticed the lite package offers free evening & weekend calls.

Still no reply from jds, I'll try them again today. It's been exactly a week now.

Quote: Was the call to an 01/02 number ?

Apologies for the amateur second quote.
    Yes, the call was a local call 01457 number.

Thanks for the replies.
    Ads
    something missing
  • coolsteel
    Options
    ads wrote:
    I assume that I'm on the Just Dial Saver Lite package. I can only see 2 options with jds and I don't pay any monthly fee. Could it be that I wasn't automatically moved onto the jds lite package when they introduced it? I actually joined jds a few years ago but have only just noticed the lite package offers free evening & weekend calls.

Still no reply from jds, I'll try them again today. It's been exactly a week now.

Quote: Was the call to an 01/02 number ?

Apologies for the amateur second quote.
    Yes, the call was a local call 01457 number.

Thanks for the replies.
    Ads
    I am also waiting for a reply from JDS due to another overcharge on a call i made to a mobile ,1 week and counting! starting to get bad vibes about this company and the lack of response to customers queries.Website info is very poor too.
    Come on Justdial get your act together.
    Coolsteel :cool:
    A fool and their money are easily parted.
  • coolsteel
    Options
    Still no reply but have had the overcharge credited to my account so they are still operating!
    Coolsteel :cool:
    A fool and their money are easily parted.
  • ads_2
    Options
    JDS have still not replied to either of my emails. In the last email to them it stated I couldn't continue to use to the service until I received a reply. Is there another way of getting through to them, I can't see one?

I'm not sure what else I can do other than change to another CPS provider? Any top tips for a different CPS provider would be much appreciated.

I can't believe a company that's operating as normal would not get back to my emails after nearly 2 weeks. There must be something wrong with jds. This makes me wonder whether using a company where the only contact is via email is such a good idea.

Ads
    something missing
  • pricefighter
    Options
    JDS. BT are doing option 2 ,free for the first 3 months you could move back to them for a while and take a rain check later. Also https://www.tele2.co.uk have a free evening and weekend call offer on until end of year at least.
    PF.
  • ads_2
    Options
    I've just noticed that I'm on the option 1 tariff with JDS. They didn't automatically switch me over to JDS lite. Does anyone know what are the differences between JDS option 1 and JDS lite, apart from the free evenings and weekend calls with JDS lite.

I wonder why they didn't automatically switch me or at least ask me whether I wanted to switch tariff?

I think this answers the question of why I was charged for the call.

Ads
    something missing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family