CHEAPER STILL!!! Calls to mobiles just 4p a minute.

Options
You can now dial UK Mobiles from a Landline for just 4p a minute at all times using the access code 0844 428 46 46. Just dial the number and enter the mobile no when prompted.(No need to enter it in Intl Format,which will no doubt please a few people).

The service is provided by https://www.dialwise.co.uk They are part of the 1899/11866 family.

They appear to be reacting to the newcomer to the markets abroadtel,s recent price of 5p a minute.

Dialwise also offer cheaper calls at PEAK RATE to 0845/0870 numbers then BT do.

Further info added.( You can also call 07744 numbers using this service).

IMPORTANT NOTE.This 0844 service has now been withdrawn,and replaced by an 0871 no. https://www.abroadtel.co.uk are now the cheapest supplier of peak and evening mobile calls from a landline on 0844 452 0005(5p a min).Although i have been reading bad reports about the quality of the service provided by them.
PF.

Comments

• mrnomoneybags
    Options
    Great thanks Price Fighter :)

Oh no ....... must add the 0044 as well ....... i think this is like the other 5p pm mobile calls ............. shame :(
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. I don't know how you manage to find out all this information. lol.

It is ok to use this new access number via OneTel's CPS and they also charge the same as BT's rate - 4ppm.

I'll email Orchid with this info so they can update their carrier list (again).
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Great thanks Price Fighter :)

Oh no ....... must add the 0044 as well ....... i think this is like the other 5p pm mobile calls ............. shame :(

NO!!! there is no need to enter this one in International Format.Just dial
    0844 428 46 46 then after the prompt dial the mobile normally
    EG 0781234XXXX.
    PF.
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what are these companies playing at? :rotfl:

surely they can't support these prices longterm, and they can't expect customer loyalty amongst people that know how fast things are changing?

make hay while ...
  • pricefighter
    Options
    bbb_uk wrote:
    Thanks. I don't know how you manage to find out all this information. lol.

Just stumbled across this one whilst doing some research.
    PF.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can now dial UK Mobiles from a Landline for just 4p a minute at all times using the access code 0844 428 46 46. Just dial the number and enter the mobile no when prompted.(No need to enter it in Intl Format,which will no doubt please a few people).

The service is provided by www.dialwise.co.uk They are part of the 1899/11866 family.

They appear to be reacting to the newcomer to the markets abroadtel,s recent price of 5p a minute.

Dialwise also offer cheaper calls at PEAK RATE to 0845/0870 numbers then BT do.

I can find no mention of this on the Dialwise web page. Where is the reference, please?
  • pricefighter
    Options
    I can find no mention of this on the Dialwise web page. Where is the reference, please?

Go to https://www.dialwise.co.uk search country rates for United Kingdom (Mobile)
    Hey Presto! 4p a minute.
    PF.
  • loftus
    loftus Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just pull down the drop down menu on the left of the home page and display UK mobile.
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Go to www.dialwise.co.uk search country rates for United Kingdom (Mobile)
    Hey Presto! 4p a minute.

icon14.gif

I was expecting a headline on the home page. icon12.gif

Good spot.
  • robpiggott
    robpiggott Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    whats the difference between a personal and national mobile rate apart from the price??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure