WARNING - Using Credit Card at Interflora Online

Options
GunJack
GunJack Posts: 11,680 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Guys, a word of warning on the above subject.

Mrs GunJack ordered flowers from Interflora via the web and paid with credit card. The following month she had a transaction for £8 appear on her statement from shopdisc.co.uk.

We'd never heard of them, let alone bought anything from them. To cut a long story short, it appears that when you buy from Interflora, you are AUTOMATICALLY signing up for this tele-marketing company's subscription services. This was direct from the company's rep on the phone.

We could not see any options on Interflora's site or checkout pages referring to this at the time of the order, but thought we'd warn the MSE community of this (as I see it) scam.
......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D

Comments

• Daisydoll
    Daisydoll Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Have you found out what the £8 was for though? My hubby has ordered from interflora online before and not had this? What subscription is it for?
    DFW no.630!
  • GunJack
    Options
    It was for a discount club type thing, £8 per month for discounts for stuff you would never buy !! Prefer to do my own bargain-hunting anyway, but it was the sheer cheek of it...

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Daisydoll
    Daisydoll Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Is it stated in their terms and conditions then? Can you not ask them to cancel it as you didn't ask for it and get the money refunded? Long shot but worth a try, I know it's only £8 but I would be the same, you didn't ask for it so why pay for it?
    DFW no.630!
  • twiglet333
    Options
    I have ordered from interlora online loads of times before and never been charged £8 or any amount afterwards...hope they dont charge me next time !
  • knowledgeman
    Options
    This is something I have came across

As far as I have been told in cases interflora are denying it and referring customers to the banks although it does seem apparent the source is interflora

Its quite a strange one, you should just call your bank and let them deal with it as interflora wont be admitting it as they would be majorly in the wrong and I very much doubt you will get a formal admission of guilt
  • barak
    barak Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have a look at Interflora's Privacy Policy at http://www.interflora.co.uk/page.xml?page_name=privacy_policy -
    under 'Direct Marketing' you will get a clue as to how this came about.

It must be as bad a so-called 'Privacy Policy' as I have come across.
    ".....where it is corrupt, purge it....."
  • GunJack
    Options
    barak - glad you found something. We couldn't, and mrs GunJack certainly wouldn't have ticked a box to say she wanted this service. Once our bank gave us their phone number, shopPERdisc, as they are actuall called, were happy to cancel and refund. My point is, though, that we shouldn't have had to.

• JDR1_2
    Options
    I too have been caught with 2 payments from my credit card without permission, £8 each. I have contacted the credit card company and they have taken details, and I have e-mailed Interflora to request the monies back.....will let all know how I get on.
  • GunJack
    Options
    JDR - call shopperdisc directly - your card issuer should be a ble to give you the number. We wrote it down, but it's all packed up with our other stuff 'coz we're in the middle of moving house !!

• GunJack
    Options
    In fact, here's the url of their website, with full contact details in there

http://www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk/

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure