Earn 20,000 air miles with credit card enough for a free flight to USA,

Options
Hi

check this out this is with american airlines

if you are spending away to the run up to christmas, why not get yourself a free flight to getaway after its all over you deserve it.

all you need to do is just apply and spend on the card whoopee

Apply before 15 November 2006 and you will receive 5,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for activating your card and an additional 15,000 AAdvantage bonus miles* if you spend £1,000 on your card by 31 December 2006. This gives you 20,000 AAdvantage bonus miles – enough for a flight to Europe on oneworld® partner airlines or to North America, Mexico or the Caribbean on American Airlines.**

http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/cards/cards_aadvan.htm

Comments

• mrnomoneybags
    Options
    You have to pay the taxes is looks like?
  • coolio_2
    coolio_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    They mustve lowereed their mileage requirements as my 36,000 miles didnt buy me a flight at the beginning of the year
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    coolio wrote:
    They mustve lowereed their mileage requirements as my 36,000 miles didnt buy me a flight at the beginning of the year

looks like that is the case......

Exclusive access to AAdvantage reduced mileage award. Travel to North America, Mexico or the Carribean through to 31 March 2007* for 20,000 miles. That’s a 50% mile reduction**.
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • khizman
    khizman Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    anyone getting ideas regarding this and paypal?
  • normal
    normal Posts: 472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    khizman wrote:
    anyone getting ideas regarding this and paypal?

:confused:
  • Stephann
    Stephann Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I've got one of these cards and have spent an hour today talking to AAdvantage reservations, who seem unaware of the offer.

I'm making headway, but be aware that you may well face serious headaches trying to redeem the 20,000 mile offer!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • misterE_3
    Options
    Is 20,000 a free return flight?
  • carl_east
    carl_east Posts: 476 Forumite
    Options
    MBNA are still doing a similar offer with a BMI credit card. The main difference being that you only have to make one purchase to get the 20,000 free destination miles which can be used with all airlines part of the Star Alliance (half of all major airlines). The other brilliant thing is that you can apply for up to 5 cards and you get 20,000 miles with each one. I've got two already and now have 40,000 airmiles on my account. I'm thinking about getting one more which would take me almost anywhere in the world for free (except for Oceania countries).

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/frequentflyers/diamondclubpartners/bmicreditcard.aspx

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/src/html/diamondclubhowtospendmiles.html
  • stratford_2
    Options
    Stephann wrote:
    I've got one of these cards and have spent an hour today talking to AAdvantage reservations, who seem unaware of the offer.

I'm making headway, but be aware that you may well face serious headaches trying to redeem the 20,000 mile offer!
    T&Cs (under important legal information) say that it's only new card holders that are eligible: "The 20,000 reduced mileage award to North America, Mexico or the Caribbean is only valid on flights operated by American Airlines from the U.K. and only for new Citi/AAdvantage Visa Gold Credit Card UK Resident holders that apply and activate the card between 12 September 2006 and 15 November 2006.Award Travel must be completed by 31 March 2007 to be eligible for the reduced mileage award to North America, Mexico or the Caribbean for 20,000 miles.Excludes cash advances, the purchase of foreign currency or travellers cheques, balance transfers, interest and other charges. One AAdvantage mileage is not equivalent to a nautical mile.
  • stratford_2
    Options
    Forgot to say that this offer is discussed in detail on Flyertalk:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602256&page=1&pp=15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure