MSE News: Tesco Mobile to sell the iPhone

Former_MSE_Penelope
Former_MSE_Penelope Posts: 536 Forumite
edited 10 December 2009 at 4:29PM in Mobiles
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Tesco Mobile will be the fourth UK network to carry Apple’s iPhone, bolstering hopes increased competition will bring lower prices."

Read the full story:
Tesco next to sell Apple iPhone

OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• Every little helps as they say. Now this might shake up the market.
    http://direct.tesco.com/p/inc/specials/iphone/default.asp
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    My iphone contract is due up in January, so I'm looking forward to possibly getting staff discount from Tesco.
  • excited about this! I've been on Tesco PAYG for a few years now and have always been really pleased with them, I was planning to go on contract and get an Iphone soon but was sorry that I would have to go onto a different network. Maybe I won't need to, yay!
  • garyw73
    garyw73 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Will this mean a price war at last??

Fingers crossed.....
  • I read this too :) I ws going to go with Tesco with my T- mobile contract expires in Dec anyhow, but this makes it even more appealing :)
    :j £2 coins = £2.00 :j
  • Great news, surely this will open up the market a bit?
    I got a bar of chocolate through the post from O2 recently, just as a "thank you" apparently. I'd rather they reduced the £45 they charge me a month for my iPhone instead though!!!!

Up for renewal in Jan/Feb time, so hopefully prices will tumble after Christmas
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    well, o2 are saying that this is in conjunction with themselves, blah blah blah - http://twitter.com/O2/status/6045619535, so really I don't see a price drop at all... it's just another retailer, and another little name on the carrier. Tesco Mobile is just an virtual network that uses o2..

M
  • markymoo wrote: »
    well, o2 are saying that this is in conjunction with themselves, blah blah blah - http://twitter.com/O2/status/6045619535, so really I don't see a price drop at all... it's just another retailer, and another little name on the carrier. Tesco Mobile is just an virtual network that uses o2..

M

Shame, thanks for the heads up. Orange are doing iPhones now though and Vodafone I think in the New Year, so we'll just have to hope that they bring the prices down. It's all irrelevant anyway, I'll drop my new one and crack the screen a month after it arrives
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The word is that Apple are dictating the price the networks can charge, if that's true there's little chance of any price drop. . .
  • Jon_01 wrote: »
    The word is that Apple are dictating the price the networks can charge, if that's true there's little chance of any price drop. . .

Maybe we'll have to rely on an alternative to really rock the boat. The problem is, once you've got an iPhone everything else just feels like a step down, even if it technically isn't
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure