♥♥ MSE Organised For Christmas 2009 ♥♥

pinkladymel
pinkladymel Posts: 1,707 Forumite
Hello friend and welcome to the new:
♥♥ Mel's MoneySaving and Organised for All Occasions Club 2009 ♥♥
Previously known as:
OrganizedChristmas 2008
and
The Thrifty Gifty Girls 2009 (Organised & Money Neutral for All Occasions)
Hosted by your very own Christmas fanatic:
:xmastree::santa2: Pinkladymel :santa2: :xmastree:
This thread was first opened to follow the plan at:
www.organizedchristmas.com
but as a group of friends we grew immensely from there and decided we wanted to remain together all year round.
Please come join us and introduce yourself, join our club! :A
See Post 2 (below) for Information on what we do :D

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
:xmastree:Self Certified Christmas Addict:xmastree:

Comments

• pinkladymel
    edited 25 May 2009 at 12:04PM
    What's this thread about?
    • Does your partner disown you for mentioning Christmas earlier than November?
    • Do you love creating lists but have to keep it a dirty little secret?
    • Do you long to be organised for special occasions but need a little help on the domestic goddess status?
    • Do you love bargains and long for more ideas on how to get the most out of your money?
    Then come and join us!!

We are all crazy about Christmas and being organised for special occasions so it's nice to have somewhere to share this with.. without feeling like you are insane :rotfl:

We aim to be completely organized for special events but as cheaply as possible so that when the special days come around, there are no worries.. just happy memories and a feeling of smugness :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We currentely run the following things, but you can take part in as little or as many as you like:
    Rudolphday.jpg?t=1241959752
    On the 25th of each month we gather together to celebrate and share Christmas preparations, counting down the months until the big day.
    I souce inspiration and ideas to share with you and we all share and reveal our ideas and work so far.
    We also have a challenge set each month to help guide you in the right direction towards getting the smaller occasions organised and remembered! (mothers day etc)

Mays Rudolph Day:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=21847677&postcount=606
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Christmas Money Pot:
    We are currentely saving all of our loose change etc in a SEALED pot to be opened together on:
    Saturday OCTOBER 10th
    You may open your tins whenever you wish (Obviously) But I thought it would be fun to open ours as a group on the day everything kicks off (Organized Christmas starts, Boots catalogue is out etc)
    Ideas for this include:
    • Emptying your change every sunday from your purse (Coppers and silvers)
    • Filling it as and when you can afford
    • Making a new years resolution (Swearing or dieting for example) and putting in 50p each time you break it.
    • Everytime you receive a two pounds coin put it in the tin.
    • Filling the tin with your earnings from surveys or smaller Ebay sales.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:xmastree::xmassign: Organized Christmas :xmassign::xmastree:

There is a reason it is spelt with a 'z' and that is not because I am American or illiterate :) Each October we begin the countdown to Christmas together by pledging to follow:
    http://organizedchristmas.com
    If you click on the main page, at the top there is a list of plans to follow ranging from being organised to completely clearing the house.
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Thanks Mel! Have asked for other thread to be locked :) will link this thread to end of old one

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Mel,

I started using the Organised Christmas website this year as I have been very forgetful over the last few years and wanted to get myself sorted.

Even with a new special occasions folder full of cards, I still managed to miss a birthday this month :mad: and as for the home made presents I was hoping to make- forget it!

I've made lists to cover every area of the house, garden, special occasions etc as my main focus this year is on organising the home although I prefer to be thinking about Christmas and making the decorations. I've made a lot of these already and will leave them for the finishing off stages later in the year.

I used to be able to do all this naturally, without any prompts but I think it's because my family situation has changed and I'm lucky if I know what day of the week it is, let alone if I'm supposed to be making, sending, organising anything LOL
  • pinkladymel
    No probs Jammy!:A

Hiya Anglea :jI can absolutely relate to everything you just said! I thought I was organised last year and then as soon as one event slipped through the net I just let it all fall apart and tried to get on with it as the occasion came. This year I am picking up bargains as I see them but more importantly, I am trying to declutter and organise my home READY for the organizedchristmas countdown so that I have loads of time to sew and bake in the glow of fairy lights. It can't be all bad, right? :T
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can i join this thread aswel? im not quite certain what the difference is between this thread and the one jamtart created but i think they are all things i want to improve on. being more orgainised, thrifty and getting ready for xmas :)
  • pinkladymel
    focus888 wrote: »
    Can i join this thread aswel? im not quite certain what the difference is between this thread and the one jamtart created but i think they are all things i want to improve on. being more orgainised, thrifty and getting ready for xmas :)

YAY!! It's great to have you come join us from our original thread :T Back in t'olden days me and Jammy run two seperate threads. Hers is aimed towards being money neutral (so it's all about money and how to get it, saving it etc) and mine was aimed towards being organised for all occasions. Jammy has now decided she would like the threads seperate again so here we are.

Sorry to cause any confusion :) :A
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Just posted on the other thread...............:confused: but as I don't do these 'money neutral' things I think this is where I should be.
    I try and be as thrifty as poss. for birthdays and christmas and last year did well with shoe boxes and baskets of stuff I'd got dirt cheap at boot fairs and charity shops -unwanted pressies that had been handed in etc.
    Even had some left over,plus a few 'unwanted pressies' of my own or stuff I didn't need/want anymore.......so I've been picking up little bargains everytime I've been out.

Just come back from boot fair -spent princely sum of £5 on 3 plants for the garden and some silly bits for christmas pressies..........all 20p and 50p so bargains all of 'em.
    Think I'll have to start sorting out my spare room of hoarded stuff so I know what I've got and don't get the same thing again..............lol:rotfl:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • pinkladymel
    Do you ever upload pics Mary? I think TBH that you're a moneysaving for occasions veteran and we need your guidance LOL I love carbooting, glad you got a great haul.

I am loving the idea of regifting. I have loads of smelly sets that are absolutely lovely but I have enough to last the next 5 years :rotfl:
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I am loving the idea of regifting. I have loads of smelly sets that are absolutely lovely but I have enough to last the next 5 years :rotfl:

I did this last year :D didnt know i was being thrifty thought i was just being cheap. But its good because i wasnt going to use them all and it meant saving money.

where else do you go hunting for bargains? i dont noramlly go carbooting :o
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Hello ladies can I join too???? I'm not as organised this year as I was last, but I've bought a few toys this week from amazon that were reduced to put away for my brats. Also there's a code available for free delivery from the lego shop if you spend over 30 quid, so I'm thinking of getting a few bits for youngest son while the offers on for his birthday. And for those of you that don't know - my third son is due in July so I'll have a baby to plan around too for xmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure