Free CD-Wow £8.75 voucher loophole

Options

Comments

• danielwylie1
    danielwylie1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    The most frustrating thing IMO is that they aren't replying to emails which is down right ignorant. Usually they respond within a matter of hours, but I emailed them on Friday and still haven't got a response! OK people have been greedy, but the blame lies with cdwow for allowing it in the first place. They knew the deal and could quite easily have limited it to, say, 75000 vouchers like the Daily Mirror promotion. They didn't, and so they should provide vouchers to every person who signed up, whether it's 100 or 100,000.
  • heyho_3
    heyho_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Should we complain to time out as they advertised a free cd for every reader and if cd wow is not going to send to the voucher that is mis leading.
  • dribsndrabs
    dribsndrabs Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    i think it is misrepresentation for those who have bought timeout on the basis that a free cd was offered. if those individuals are compliant with the terms and conditions of the offer then someone is answerable.
    Thomas Jefferson: "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." :idea:

Woody Allen: "If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank". :think:
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Options
    Well they havent learnt their lesson,they are giving £5 discount with a code in the daily mirror now,and the code Im sure will be passed round all the internet sites again
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    i think it is misrepresentation for those who have bought timeout on the basis that a free cd was offered. if those individuals are compliant with the terms and conditions of the offer then someone is answerable.

I think Trading Standards would be interested in this offer.

Also perhaps it would be good to let Time Out know how we feel. They can be reached by email at:

distribution@timeout.com

Regards,
    Art.
  • presurrection
    Options
    funnyguy wrote:
    Well they havent learnt their lesson,they are giving £5 discount with a code in the daily mirror now,and the code Im sure will be passed round all the internet sites again
    they HAVE learned their lesson as they have specified a maximum amount of vouchers will be issued
  • littlemissmoney
    littlemissmoney Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck on Thursday Martin. Thanks for trying to sort this out for us :D
    :p Proud to be a MoneySaver! :p
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Luck Martin for Thursday

Katie :D
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But because other people have abused the promotion then they have ruined it for genuine customers like you and me

I have been back through this thread, where is your evidence, I found a couple of people who had signed up there family hardly mass abuse.

I can't see much to support your claims
  • SCREAMIN_BABIES
    SCREAMIN_BABIES Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Options
    What so Saver has got to keep quiet unless it conforms to him/her agreeing with you and others.
    I am in no way agreeing/disagreeing with anyone,but everyone has a right to an opinion and not to be told to basically shut up if they have different views.

sounded like they was the one getting at people and if you can read i didnt tell them to shut up is said and i quote
    if you havent got anything nice to say dont say anything .

think there is enough moanin in this world without people going on , on here this used to be a friendly site .
    (still is with the majority )
    Free of dept Thanks Martin
    :T :beer: beers are on me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills