MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Would you sell a story on a mate for £20,000?

Options
Here's this week's hypothetical situation for you to cogitate on:
Would you sell a story on a mate for £20,000?

An old pal, who you don’t see much anymore, is in the latest series of Big Brother. You find out the tabloids are looking to buy stories, and have some dirt your mate which could be worth up to £20,000. Yet they told you the information in confidence, and it would seriously embarrass and somewhat hurt them if it went public. Would you sell the story?
Click reply to have your say

Previous MMDs:
Should Roman Rockafella leave all his money to his kids?
Would you keep a mistaken 'double refund'?

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    No, I would never betray a friend for money.

I would be gutted if someone done anything like that to me, so I go on the same principle. (Not that I'm daft enough to go on BB, but that's besides the point) ;)
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • Thunderbird_2
    Options
    No, I would not.
    Be nice, life is too short to be anything else.
  • gone4gold62
    Options
    no never;)
  • freebird65
    freebird65 Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Friends are for life.....£20K isn't.

No!
  • 8ofspades
    8ofspades Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    No way! What a hideous thing to do! I hate gossip mags..
  • worbikeman
    worbikeman Posts: 2,971 Forumite
    Options
    He's making mega-bucks by being on BB - if you play the celeb game then dirt will be dished! I'd sell the story for £19,500! (And I'd certainly expect him to do the same if it were the other way round).
  • hellyboo_2
    Options
    no way, jose
  • Dorrie
    Dorrie Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like the majority so far, no way. I value my integrity, and friendships, regardless of how often you might see someone.
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't do that to even a brief aquaintence. If they'd burned my cat alive or done something hideous to me directly in the past then maybe I'd briefly consider it. But something told to me in confidence? By a friend? Err, no.

Now ask me if I would sell the info for two million if my family was starving on the street. I think that would make a difference to most of us, quite honestly.
    Val.
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it would seriously hurt / embarass them, then no... but there might be a circumstance where I know they'd just find it funny and wouldn't begrudge me the cash! I'd offer them something out of the money (an extravagant gift as opposed to mullar) and we'd laugh about it :grin:
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport