Tesco Clubcard Plus is back...double points on all spending in store.

Options
bylromarha
bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 June 2009 at 1:16PM in Shop but don't drop
Tesco's Clubcard Plus scheme has finally returned after nearly 9 months of reviewing their T + C. I got an application form through the post this morning with a letter of apology for taking so long.

For those of you who aren't aware of this scheme, Tesco offers an account which you pay your normal Tesco monthly spend into. The rate of interest is poor, but everytime you use this account to pay for shopping/petrol at tesco, you receive double points on your entire spend.

You can access your money via cash points and instore (up to £500 per day), but worth just putting in your shopping money if you're a regular shopper at Tesco who likes to collect the points!

No details on Tesco.com, helpline is 0845 7104010

Amended with more info as this thread is 3.5 years old now and still in use...

0845 calls are free on BT packages at certain times of day, free on Talk Talk from 6th June (thanks Jenniewb)

Or use Ampersands advice

"I always start any mr T phone biz via 0800-505555, or 0800-591688 for Clubcard and ask straight off to be t/fr'd to TPF for CC+ matters.
If given any 0845 no., I simply say, 'this 'phone doesn't use 0845 or 0870 no's. I'd be grateful if you could tfr me'.
9 times out of 10, they do. "
Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Do you still get double points if you shop non Tesco.? Is it like a credit card?

Thank you
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    can only be used at Tesco, the Tesco Credit Card is the one if you wish to shop outside Tesco but the points aren't as generous
  • wohwoh
    wohwoh Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks - can it be used for ordering on-line from tesco?
  • jellycat40
    Options
    Hi I have a clubcard + the green one and I never new that it had been withdrawn. I stopped putting money in it ages ago as it took so long to clear into the account that I was always being asked for alternative funding. I have a 87p DR balance on it. It is ok for getting points on though.

Louise
    Nobody is perfect - not even me.
  • bm144
    bm144 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    requested an application pack, just said i heard about it from a friend, thanks
  • SUN_ANGEL
    SUN_ANGEL Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I am new to the chat forum, so not sure if this is the kind of news you want to read - anyway - have just changed my Tesco club card points into holiday vouchers. Have saved them for just under two years. I have paid everything on my Tesco mastercard and paid the bill every month so as not to incur interest and logged up just over £250 in vouchers. I have just changed them into holiday vouchers to the value of £1050 and have booked to take 2 Grandsons to Switzerland for a week for Free! This has to be the greatest reward going. I couldn't afford to take the boys on my retirement pension but this way it is a real bonus. Worth thinking about Grandparents? :j
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SUN_ANGEL wrote:
    Hi I am new to the chat forum, so not sure if this is the kind of news you want to read - anyway - have just changed my Tesco club card points into holiday vouchers. Have saved them for just under two years. I have paid everything on my Tesco mastercard and paid the bill every month so as not to incur interest and logged up just over £250 in vouchers. I have just changed them into holiday vouchers to the value of £1050 and have booked to take 2 Grandsons to Switzerland for a week for Free! This has to be the greatest reward going. I couldn't afford to take the boys on my retirement pension but this way it is a real bonus. Worth thinking about Grandparents? :j

Hi Sun angel and welcome to the boards!

It's exactly the sort of thing people need to hear, very encouraging...especially to your non money saving friends who spend their vouchers instore.

Points mean prizes!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a Clubcard Plus account. Everymonth when I get paid I transfer by Standing Order money into the account. I then use this money to pay for my shopping, either online or in store. You can use it for all online shopping not just groceries, and you can use it at the Petrol stations including the self serve. If you find you wish to add more money into your account I normally go to customer services and give them the cash, it is credited instantly. You get double points for paying with Clubcard Plus. You can have an small overdraft facility if you opt for this when you take out the account (normally one months amount of money you have paid in) but I never chose this.

The reason I applied and use it is for the double points, and this is the only reason. It does pay interest but believe you me it is not worth it so do not use it for savings (Martin will shoot you).

You can withdraw money via the Royal Bank of Scotland cash machines (I think) but since I use it to pay for my shopping I have never availed of this facility.

Any other queries please pm me.
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sounds good. Does anyone know if when you use a double points voucher or 50 points if you buy an item this is doubled?

thanks
  • rach1973
    rach1973 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    surfsister wrote:
    sounds good. Does anyone know if when you use a double points voucher or 50 points if you buy an item this is doubled?

thanks

No it isn't - you just get double points on the actual spend, so if you spend £50 on Groceries you get 100 points.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport