Warning - The Credit People

Options

Comments

• EmzJenks
    EmzJenks Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I won't bore you all with my story as its the same as the rest. The number for them is 0844 5449290 - you may be on hold for a while though.
  • ashley619
    Options
    i am absolutely gutted. myself and my partner applied for a loan each with the socald credit people and out of curiosity googled them and found this forum! clearly the money i was guarenteed will not be in my account on wednesday!!! i am upset that they have all my bank details. obviously they have taken both the 49.50,s but has anyone had trouble with them taking any further money out of their bank account???? this is a huge worry. i feel like an idiot!! i am not going to let this lie i will be contacting the oft and trying to get these cowboys shut down!!!!!!!
  • ashley619
    Options
    i have just contacted watchdog online about these cowboys. i urge others in this position to do so. this is the only way to out these shocking scammers and prevent them from scamming others in the future!!!
  • d9nd5c
    d9nd5c Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Very is the new brand name for former Littlewoodsdirect.com.
    Whatever the name, this company has always been very dodgy. For example, it is common practice for Very to advertise notebooks with a CD player built in, but there is not such a thing when you buy the item.

Other common unethical and unlawful practice is that Very advertises mobile phones with £10 credit to be loaded after SIM card registration, but to no avail; the advertised £10 credit does not exists, it is just a plain lie.

However, the worst of all is what Very is currently doing (October and November 2009). Very is nowadays running an outrageous scam. Without asking first to customers, is single sided adding extended insurance cover to any item potentially insurable for extended warranty.

Very did it to myself. Without my authorization it just added extended warranty cover to a petrol lawn mower that I bought 3 years ago and to a notebook that I bought last year.

When I noticed the charges for the allegedly “extended warranty cover” I angrily phoned customer services and energetically requested Very to refund the charges.
    Very’s customer services advisors have been trained to tell the public that what Very has been doing was to give customers “orientations” for extended warranty cover. But what crooked Very call “orientations” on my statement, were actually two charges, one for £38 and another for £42

To sum up, Very is currently shafting customers with unlawful financial products. Very is currently adding insurance cover on previously purchased items, without the customer’s knowledge.

Please, someone has got to investigate and sanction this unlawful and unethical company
  • EmzJenks
    Options
    I too filled out the online form on Watchdog for the credit people yesterday. Absolute rip off merchants, I told them as much down the phone, said I wanted answers & they hung up on me. grr
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    d9nd5c wrote: »
    Very is ..,<snipped>

A whole thread to yourself to discuss this in the vent forum (moved from the site feedback forum) :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2100755
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • stephanie75
    Options
    I have also paid money to the credit people, have been told to get a refund I then need to sent them my letter from the Cash People saying that they cannot help me, which has cost me £87.50 in phone calls as well as my £49.50. I wont get that back they are thieving !!!!!!
  • brownbee
    Options
    I have also been duped by The Credit People, i paid £39.50 in administration fees only to get a letter telling me to ring Cash Finance Direct at £1.50/minute. I have written to The Credit People twice now demanding my fee back, and have threatened to contact OFT, Watchdog and the national papers. After reading all the comments on here, i will be contacting these people and sending letters to them every week until i get my money back. I have never been able to get through to these people on the phone, so will write and write and write! just out of principle.

These people shouldn't be allowed to do this to us!
  • brownbee
    Options
    i have just filled in a complaint on the consumer direct website and watchdogs website. I will contact The Sun and other national papers if i don't get my money back ASAP!
  • EmzJenks
    EmzJenks Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've sent my 3rd letter to them demanding a refund, the last 2 have been recorded. I sent my 3rd letter on Friday recorded delivery, just checked on the status of it preparing to rage at them on the phone again & it says the address I sent it to has a re-direct on it. They're re-directing all the mail being sent to their address!! Anyone else has the same??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure