🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Icesave, Fixed Term, Cheque?

Options
Has anyone had their cheque from FSCS in respect of a fixed term account allowed to mature.
How many days interest have you missed out on, up to date of receiving the cheque?
The days after the cheque arrived would presumably have been lost even if Icesave had paid out at maturity
This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !

Comments

• bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nobody yet then?
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I haven't even heard of anybody waiting until maturity getting the form yet, let alone the money.
  • bryanb
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    I haven't even heard of anybody waiting until maturity getting the form yet, let alone the money.
    We've all had the forms for days now, Mine went back last week
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bryanb wrote: »
    We've all had the forms for days now, Mine went back last week
    That's good news. I knew they had sent forms to people unable to complete the withdrawal online, but that's the first I heard of people getting forms for fixed term accounts held to maturity.
  • bryanb
    Options
    There's another thread "Icesave paper application" sorry I don't know how to link to it.
  • dorsetlass
    Options
    I believe the forms started to be received mid last week, so cannot imagine anyone getting their cheque until at least mid/late Jan, bearing in mind the FSCS said it would take up to 6 weeks to process the forms once they had been returned. It will be very exciting if anyone gets their cheque before then.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    no we haven`t all had the forms yet as they are being sent out in batches. We are both still waiting and don`t expect any money until mid jan at the earliest
  • bryanb
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    no we haven`t all had the forms yet as they are being sent out in batches. We are both still waiting and don`t expect any money until mid jan at the earliest

Sorry, didn't mean all to be taken too literally. FSCS claim they have all been sent though. I know they're saying up to 6 weeks, but 1 week is "up to 6" They have to start somewhere and someone has to be first. I imagine there are a limited number that have already matured, so I can't see why they would need the full 6 weeks. Happy Christmas BB
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My fixed rate does not mature until October 2009 but I have already had the form and sent it back.
  • strawberrylane
    Options
    No forms here yet. One fixed rate account maturing in late 2009 and another in 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport