PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• dwg78
    dwg78 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    We have purchased in Corneila 2 Block D and happy to travel over as one of the reps for those developments. We are still awaiting our letter, but am sure it will arrive shortly!!
    Happy for anyone who purchased in Cornelia to PM and discuss further details as well as anyone from other development thinking of going over.

Will be glued to watchdog! Did call Ambasun Uk the other day and still awaiting a call back, I wonder why!!!
    2410 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Ive also had the same letter form Delagio today. I emailed and asked the question re who will be able to go to the meeting Delagio replied it was the first people to phone them asking to go. They said when this has beenconfirmed they will conact everyone with the details. The also confirmed that work on Dawn Park was continuing at the moment. Ive also emailed Simon Farnsworth at Amba Uk requesting a meeting.
    mistypip1 wrote: »
    I too have also received the same offical letter from Delagio today.I have purchased a property in Dawn Park.

I emailed them today:

Please can you confirm what payments you have received of ours? Also can you confirm that the work on our property is still in progress?

and this is there response:

I would like to inform you that we have received a BULK payment from Ambasun UK for client's installments,without client's names,ref.numbers and the amounts.So, I can not confirm what money which we received form Ambasun UK for your apartment.
    > Yes, the works on the development are in progress.The flooring in the apartments and the common parts are done,the walls are plasted.Now the workers are fitted the internal stones on the fasade.
    > If you have any further questions,please do not hesitate to contact us!
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > "Delagio"Ltd

Ibelieve them about the work been done on the apartmnt as I've seen the photos on there site and its only a week ago that they emailed me asking me to choose my furniture colours.

I am very worried about my money and what is going to happen. I'd love to still have the apartment. I can't believe this is all happening at the final hour.

I don't know if you are aware but there is going to be a piece on Watchdog on Mon 9th Feb about people who have purchased property in Bulgaria. I can only assume that this is regarding those of us who have had dealings with Ambasun.

Has anyone else had any other info from Ambasun or Delagio?
  • marvid
    Options
    I have instructed an independent Bulgarian solicitor in Sofia to check up on the situation for me. However wheels turn slowly and therefore I am waiting for a due diligence report to be drawn up.

I suggest someone should arrange a meeting in the UK. They should ask Ambasun or Developers or Solicitor Anna (or all three) to forward a template letter to all purchasers advising then of the meeting and take it from there.

I suggest someone with more time than me go on line and source the court case filed against Ambasun UK Ltd.

Do not get the names of Ambasun confused. The Amba group of companies consist of several different companies eg. Ambasun, Ambasun International, Ambasun UK Ltd, Ambasun Bulgaria. Perhaps someone should do a companies house search???
  • fredwill
    Options
    to all buyers at dawn park , it is obvious from recent events we have all got to meet and get advice from a uk solicitor.This is a must.Please reply urgently with sugestions as to where and when or with an alternative idea.
  • Sheilared
    Options
    hi every body who as brought a property in bulgaria i have brought one in the albertros 5 we keep having offical emails saying the weather out there is below the working conditions sa anybody else had the same i have recived 2 so who is telling lies that they are still working i have been to ambersun in person they are a waist of time you get nothing but lies of them i have paid all my money only got to pay the duty
    2410 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Im buying in Dawn Park I too have ahd two letter now advising that on several Ooccasions that work has stopped due to adverse weather. I believe that they are still progressing with the build but that on certain days work stopped. The letters I have refer to dates in Dec and early Jan. The weather there at the momnet looks ok. Both Amba and Amba BG seem to be blaming each other so its difficult to know who to believe do we know if someone for Amba Uk will be attneding the meetings on the 20/21st Feb Ive asked Anna the Solicitors if she's going and she said if she was asked to attend she would.
  • Jag1
    Options
    In answer to your question regarding the payments made from "Ambasun" UK to us - we would like to inform you that we can not confirm what Amba UK has sent to us because they have not send a report by now about the Bulk Payments they have sent. Without this report (break down) we do not know what payments, from which clients and for which apartment has been made. However when we compare the total amounts transfer by the clients to Amba`s account and the total amounts actually received in Bulgaria, it appears that there is a big difference! We have not received all the money which the clients have paid so far! We are put in a position not to be able to confrim to the clients what we have actually received from their money because Amba UK refuses to provide us this kind of information. As we know, they confirm and send receipts for the installments sent to them but they only confirm they have forwarded all gathered money to Bulgaria but without presenting any official proof abou
    t it.
    As you can understand the mentioned above was one of the main reasons for us to terminate the contract with "Ambasun" UK and start legal actions against them. We do understand your worries and confusion but we have never confirmed any previous payments, the receipts sent by ourselves are related with the installment sent to us directly.
    We would like to inform you that so far we are planning no delays in the completion terms of Cornelia 1 and the construction hasn`t been ceased. The letter says that there is such a possibility but we didn`t mean all development and specifically Cornelia 1 is going on according to the schedule.
    As for the meeting - we decided that most fair way is to invite the first clients who reached us on the phone regarding the meeting. As you can imagine that happened right after we sent the letters so we have already invited two representatives from each of the developments to attend the meeting. We are still waiting for their confirmations and if some of them is unable to fly over to Bulgaria we will then invite the next one (who called after). We will inform you about the clients's names after we receive the confirmations.
    We believe that we have always been very helpful and understandable and we do not intend to change this. The purpose of the notification letter we have sent yesterday was to inform the clients about the essence of the conflict between Amba UK and the developer in Bulgaria and what measures we have done to protect our business and clients` investments. We decided that it is necessary to present officially the situation to all our clients as a consequence of the numerous questions we received so far. I assure you that we are eager to sort out the issues between Amba UK and us as soon as possible and we are hoping this to be outcome of the notorious meeting.

We will be keeping you up to dated with the situation.

Regards,
    "Cornelia group" Ltd.
  • Jag1
    Options
    anyone fancy a mob just turning up at HO to confront Brendan and get answers/info - if yes lets agree date and time.
  • pats_john
    Options
    :confused:

I am a buyer in Apollon 4 and Cornelia 2 and caught up in the same boat as every body else.

As far as Apollon 4 my last installment payment was made in September and then I found out that the developer was short of 13,000 euros.It was found to be an accounting issue but it took me 4 months of daily making phone calls and persuance to sort out and finally Amba Sun U.K sent the money from here to compensate.It was very frustrating and I still have not completed but Anna mentioned that once the Developer acknwolwdges the receipt of the fund then he can complete on the Property.I am keeping my fingers crossed.

AS far as Cornelia 2 is concerned I am all for a group action.For any more information from my side I am willing to give out my contact information.

The only good news I have at this moment is that this forum is bringing together people like me.

Take Care
  • noel1123
    noel1123 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Has anybody signed their maintenance contract or letting agreements in respect of their property?? or indeed has anyone recently made their final payment to ambasun? If so how did you do it was it through bank electronic transfer to ambasun uk or bg,. Has anyone had problems in this regard.

If anyone can assist me in any of the above please pm me.

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport