PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make your Lush bath bars last longer

Options
If you like the Milky bars, Honey I washed the kids, Rock star bars etc etc, store them in the fridge and if you buy a big bit just cut off what you need as and when. Get a knife with an unserrated edge and place the blade in a jug of boiling water for a little while until hot, dry it off and then slice off what you need of the bar, that way you don't waste bits by it all crumbling off. This may well work for the bubble bath bars like Bathos, Cream Candy etc. You get more burn time out of candles if you do this also, i.e. storing them in the fridge. Lipsticks too.
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    moved this here as it seems an old style way to make things go further by using less each time
    tip on candles in fridge is great too icon7.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Glad, wasn't too sure where to put the posting, nice to see it's helpful to some folk. Putting non-edible things in a fridge is fine if you're single like me but if you have other halves then you may be met with looks of disbelief if the fridge is full of lipsticks, makeup, candles, bath bars, soap etc etc, oh and tights too, I believe if you put them in the freezer before wearing they last longer too. Men around the country are going to be saying to themselves, but where's all the edibles. Look out if your man raids the fridge after a night out, then you'll be in real trouble....:whistle:
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    I always do this when i'm on holiday as well, much to my b/f's confusion :)
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    ..... Men around the country are going to be saying to themselves, but where's all the edibles. Look out if your man raids the fridge after a night out, then you'll be in real trouble

Or, ask for one of those mini fridges (saw a thread recently where they are quite cheap) and either tell the man he can keep his food in there ... or better still, we women could put it in our room so we didn't keep having to go up and down stairs ;) Cloth over the top - voila, bedside cabinet ;) LOL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was thinking about that myself Queenie, good idea when your main fridge is choc a bloc with such useless things as food for kids, milk, vegetables etc(!):rolleyes:
  • Squidgy
    Squidgy Posts: 684 Forumite
    Options
    you can break the bath bombs in half too, never done it myself, but I reckon a sharp tap and they'll probably split in 2

And I guess you guys probably know this already, but you can mix your foundation with moisteriser to make it last longer (I do it when I'm using it rather than all in one go)

You can use shampoo to shave your legs with too.
    It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Charles Worthington shampoo is good for cleaning the toilet too (says my three year old that lobbed half the bottle down the toilet and watched it bubble up as he flushed it away) Nooooooooo!!!!! :eek: All my LUSH stuff is under lock and key. The whip stick chocolate lip balm is practically being aten by the kids. I don't see them put it on, I just smell it, and then they try and deny it when I ask if they've been plundering it.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a Lush basket at the side of the bath, the kids know that Mum will commit murder if anyone touches it :D

I must get some more soon, the Big Spender box that dh bought for me is nearly all gone :(
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had a big splurge when the new store opened the other day in town, I'm hoping that all the stuff that I've bought will last me a good old while. Mind you, I can't resist going in to have a look around, the doors are open wide and you can't not go in when the waft of all the nicely scented soaps, lotions and potions comes out and gets you. I love the Honey I washed the kids soap bar, but I also like the Rock star one and the Milky bar, not forgetting the Bathos one and the Big shampoo etc etc etc etc. ;)

I was thinking perhaps I could chuck some more rock salt into the Big shampoo, after all, the bulk of the ingredients is salt is it not. So, a little bit more can't do too much harm and it would make it last a bit longer, at £6.95 a tub, might be worth a go, or would it? :confused:
  • MrsMW
    MrsMW Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    Squidgy wrote:
    you can break the bath bombs in half too, never done it myself, but I reckon a sharp tap and they'll probably split in 2

And I guess you guys probably know this already, but you can mix your foundation with moisteriser to make it last longer (I do it when I'm using it rather than all in one go)

You can use shampoo to shave your legs with too.

I always mix fake tan with moisturiser and use on my face, I'm very fair skinned with freckles and full strength tan is always too dark
    I use conditioner to shave my legs and under arms.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure