PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make your Lush bath bars last longer

Options

Comments

• Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Squidgy wrote:
    you can break the bath bombs in half too, never done it myself, but I reckon a sharp tap and they'll probably split in 2

You can use shampoo to shave your legs with too.

Youc can deffo do this, i do this all the time as i find a whole bath bomb too much for me, mind you they take more than a little tap, more like a big throw on the wall outside :eek:

Didn't know you could use shampoo to do your legs though, thanks for the tip :D
  • Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just used my last bath bomb last nite and can't afford another splurge for a while. Have tried to cut them in half but no luck - they just fly everywhere. Anyone had any luck with this? Thanks for the tip about the bars - will def be doing this from now on.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    With regard to Bath Bombs, could you not just crush them up and just use a big scoop of the powder as it dissolves in the bath anyway, doesn't matter if it's whole or not, it's all going to end up the same way, so just smash them up with a rolling pin in a tough bag, no holes, and keep in a tupperware box until needed, then just put a small cup's worth in the bath. One does seem a lot for one bath.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok, having never ever used any Lush products :eek: ... and obviously everyone else thinks they're the bees knees judging by comments I've read here and elsewhere, can anyone tell me what is so good about them please :D

Also, which products would you recommend for a beginner to pamper herself with ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Curry Queen,

I just bought some things from Lush when it opened locally a few weeks ago, so I am new to Lush products. So far though, I've used the Honey I've washed the kids bath bar, smells beautiful and leaves your skin super soft and smelling divine. I got Rock Star and Milky bar bath bars also, smell lovely. The smells in the store of the products are irresistible. Also got a tub of BIG shampoo, does what it says, leaves your hair super shiny. Everything just smells great and the smells remind you of things, bring back good memories etc. I love going in, won't be buying for a while though as I did have a splurge when they opened. Check out a store if you can, just to have a look, the bath bars smell wonderful.

http://www.epinions.com/content_180548701828

http://scnispecialsection.kattare.com/marketplace/adindex.php?article_id=775&section=612&zone=c&group_type=article
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't actually get to a store, not that I know where the nearest one is, so I'd have to buy online which makes it a bit difficult when you can't smell the products :(

The last time I ever pampered myself properly was when I was in hospital a couple of years ago, and we had a Body Shop in the foyer which I used to frequent most mornings :D

I used to get in my wheelchair after breakfast and toddle off downstairs (for a fag and coffee!!!) and pop into Body Shop on the way to sample all their goodies. The girl who worked there used to look forward to me coming in and would help massage creams into the bits I couldn't reach and even did my make-up for me if I was expecting visitors :j

I did end up buying some stuff though after using all their samples for a month :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    LUSH products are ... well .... lush! They smell wonderful. You know you're approaching a LUSH outlet several doors away on a still day or a couple of streets away down wind on a windy day! ;)

I don't splurge on LUSH products simply because *I* find them expensive - but then I've never been one to splurge on myself much anyway :o I did treat myself a few years ago to a LUSH hair soap. It lasted for aaagggeeessss! Then my dd discovered it and it simply .. disappeared :confused:;) It was cute too, had teeny weeny glitter bits in it - I must have looked quite stunning in me marigolds, arms elbow deep in soda crystal solution but with glitzy hair to die for :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • megsykins
    megsykins Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    I did treat myself a few years ago to a LUSH hair soap. It lasted for aaagggeeessss!

A tip i read in the Lush Times is to put these in one of the net bags you get with washing tablets. You can still lather it up in the bag, but can then hang it from shower hook and saves getting muck on the side of bath / bathroom cabinet / etc and thus lasts longer :)

Lush stuff is soooo nice. Very girly, fluffy, pink and glittery n(they do men's range though). I've been a big fan for years. They use mainly natural products which are usually suitable for vegans, they're anti animal testing, use fresh produce, etc, a very 'eco' company. I particularly like their system of colour coding ingredients.

Shops are springing up all over the place so hopefully you'll have one soon (we've had one in Nottingham for years now :D )

http://www.lush.co.uk/system/index.html
  • DaisyNelson
    DaisyNelson Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, having never ever used any Lush products :eek: ... and obviously everyone else thinks they're the bees knees judging by comments I've read here and elsewhere, can anyone tell me what is so good about them please :D

Also, which products would you recommend for a beginner to pamper herself with ;)
    Even if you don't live close to a store, trust what you hear. All the products are fabulous. Order online, you won't be disappointed. It can be expensive if you get carried away. Maybe just try small size shampoo and conditioner. a slice of their soap and of course a bath bomb ( too be cut in half, of course).Their products will be on your christmas and birthday list for ever more, once you've sampled them. :j
    One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I couldn't live without Lush anymore. My one escape from the kids is a 2 hour bath with all my Lush stuff and a good book :D

I don't think there's a lot I haven't tried but I do have my favourites. Waving Not Drowning Bath Bomb. The Ma Bar bubble bar. Rock Star soap, Reincarnate solid shampoo. American Cream conditioner. Dream Cream body and hand moisturiser. My latest acquisition is Arabian Bright hair moisturiser. Wow, is all I can say to that one, my hair has never looked so good.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family