PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make your Lush bath bars last longer

Options

Comments

• HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    I have no idea where any lush shops are. But I think I may order these off the website for her:

Christmas Present
    http://www.lush.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63&products_id=487
    £24.95
    Shipping Weight: 1400gs
    Contains: Puddy Holly, Green Wing, Wish Upon a Star & Mr. Butterball Snowman Bath Ballistics. Christmas Day, Christngley, & Christmas Kisses Bubble Bar, Ice Blue Soap 100g, The Olive Branch & Ol' Blue Skies Shower Gels 100g. Description: Here's a present to last you well into the future. If you'd like someone to keep thinking of you along after Christmas is over, give this generously filled box full of ten bath and shower treats that will last well into 2007, it'll keep them clean long after their other presents are forgotten.

And:

Serenity
    http://www.lush.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_38&products_id=147
    £14.95
    Shipping Weight: 665gs
    Contains: Alkmaar Soap 100g, Ceridwyns Cauldron Luxury Bath Melt, A Ring of Roses Butter Cream, Butterball Ballistic and Bathos BUBBLE BAR slice. Amazing New Combination!
    Description: Serenity is for people who are finding it difficult to achieve (serenity that is). The new Serenity box contains five Lush products each with calming properties for your hand, body or head. When life’s getting too much but you can’t afford a week at a health spa bring the spa back home with you.

What do you think? I contemplated the £100 hat box, but I think I'd have been told off for that one.
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • jellycat40
    Options
    Def the Serenity for pamper value. The other one is nice too. If it is either or go for Serenity,if it is both then lucky lady.

You could also get a couple of bits for baba to. they do a lovely bath bomb which settles bubs for bedtime.

Louise
    Nobody is perfect - not even me.
  • Sammz
    Sammz Posts: 3,406 Forumite
    Options
    A tip for you all ... when I went in just before Christmas last year they were doing BOGOF on the gift packs. Some amazing deals to be had!
    OD Girls On Tour
    Barcelona 2008 - Dublin 2009
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    jellycat40 wrote:
    Def the Serenity for pamper value. The other one is nice too. If it is either or go for Serenity,if it is both then lucky lady.

You could also get a couple of bits for baba to. they do a lovely bath bomb which settles bubs for bedtime.

Louise

Its going to be both! She's having it a bit tough at the moment with a new baby and DD No1 in her 2's so I think she'll appreciate some pampering.
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Sammz wrote:
    A tip for you all ... when I went in just before Christmas last year they were doing BOGOF on the gift packs. Some amazing deals to be had!

Do they have a good sale after Christmas? I've never bought anything from Lush, usually have Aveda or Ren bought for me at Christmas but my sister loves Lush, was thinking to stock up if it was cheap.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • lyns_2
    lyns_2 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I have to go into Lush by my self or it costs me a small fortune with 3 kids they have to smell everything and allways want a diffrent one each though i must say the staff are very good and cut a smaller piece for me.

My favouret is the fig leaf soap it may not smell the best but it leaves my skin feeling so soft the virgin olive oil one is also good for drier skin.
    I brought the hard shampoo a few weeks ago and after 1 week it had all gone,i then found out that the kids dad had been using it as a soap in the shower so make sure you tell your other half what its for
    Number 4 due 21st jan
  • mel_anthe
    Options
    I love everything in Lush and could easily end up spending a fortune in there! I love the chelsea garden bath bombs - I have to admit to being someone that cuts the bath bombs in half though :o

I really like their ultrabland cleanser too :)
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    Lush is my absolute favourite for pamper value. But I use it every day too as I usually get a box or 2 from people at Christmas and my birthday and there are £5 vouchers in the boxes. I get the biggest size bottles of shower wash and I use them every day. 2 big bottles will last me all year. I like the honey ones and I love the glitter ones. The glittery hearts make your skin really soft too.

I have a bath bar next to the bath for DS's bath time and I break a tiny corner off each night to put in his bath. I probably get around 20 baths out of one bar for him. It bubbles up well and he doesn't need loads. I'll use a quarter of a bar if i'm pampering myself in the bath. I just break it off. Keeping it in the fridge is a good idea as is crumbling up the bath bombs and using a dry spoon . That really will make them go much further.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    I cant understand why women love baths so much. I will choose a shower every single time over a bath, even one with nice smelling things in it. A shower is so much more invigorating and I never fail but to feel better after having one. A bath just makes me feel tired.

Girls are weird! :wink:
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    I cant understand why women love baths so much. I will choose a shower every single time over a bath, even one with nice smelling things in it. A shower is so much more invigorating and I never fail but to feel better after having one. A bath just makes me feel tired.Girls are weird! :wink:
    That's the idea! The soporific effect is great for winding down after a long day. The idea is to do the exact opposite of invigorate. You can't relax in the shower. Baths are treats, not about getting clean. A couple of candles, some music, lots of bubbles, even a glass of wine (although I can't do that at the moment.) Bliss.

I can't lie down in the bath at the moment either because I can't get back up. LOL The joys of pregnancy!
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure