PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make your Lush bath bars last longer

Options

Comments

• Binxy
    Binxy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a bit of an expert on Lush :o

I'm also mates with the wonderful Auntie Pamela (I'm such a name dropper) and have met BIG (Mark Constantine, owner, and Hilary - product developer, designer etc)

I'm a tester aswell, so I know the lowdown on the latest stuff, and have used it consistently and pretty much exclusively for the last 8 years.

If you want any recommendations on hair care, skin care, fragrances etc fire away.

By the way - I realyl wouldn't add any more salt to BIG. It's finely balanced and would strip your hair's oils. I can ask Auntie P for you if you like?

Forgot to say - put your bubble bars in a net such as you're supposed to put washing tablets in, and hang over the tap. You get lots more bubbles than crumbling it, and you just take it off when you have enough.
  • Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    Binxy wrote:
    I'm a tester aswell, so I know the lowdown on the latest stuff, and have used it consistently and pretty much exclusively for the last 8 years.

How did you get to be a tester? Can you apply to be one anywhere? I love lush stuff but I do find it expensive (I know it's worth it). I have very dry skin and find some stuff brilliant but some stuff not so good, I hate buying things and not using them up. I'd love to be able to try stuff before it comes on the market.
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
  • Binxy
    Binxy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    The only way to apply is to email them or write to them. They always politely tell you what a long waiting list there is (as you can imagine) but that they'll keep your details. All I know is about 5 years after applying I got an emal asking me if I'd like to join them. I nearly died of joy :D

It's always worth asking, but incredibly difficult to get in.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Binxy wrote:
    Forgot to say - put your bubble bars in a net such as you're supposed to put washing tablets in, and hang over the tap. You get lots more bubbles than crumbling it, and you just take it off when you have enough.

OOhh thanks for this Binxy :j mine always goes too quick, love Rock chick and Mas bar, mm chocolate smell, also use the baby face (Wasn't that impressed) the ginger and rose foot cream and american dream conditioner, how nice is that !!!

I always spend a good £20 - £30 every few months there, i don't have a shop near me so i do it online, but if your lucky enough to go into the shops they don't mind giving you samples.

Oh and i nearly forgot the new bertie bassett soap Yummy !!
  • Wonder_Girl
    Options
    Just found my way here from the Mega index thread, as a HUGE Lush fan i though i would take a look :)

Although quite some time later i know the answer to the bath bomb problem....

simply drop it in and once enough has disolved for your needs simply take it out, it will fizz still for a minute but then stop, leave on the side of tha bath to dry out and then use next time :D
    All comments and advice given is my own opinion and does not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

DFW Nerd #132
  • jellycat40
    Options
    Thank you for all the tips they are great and I have given thanks for them!

If you want to start with Lush I would get a Ma Bar it has a real sugar lump in the middle, it makes masses of bubbles and it makes your skin feel amazingly soft. You could just put in half a bar if you wanted.

The bath bombs are quite expensive but they are supposed to be a little bit of luxury so I usually use the whole thing. I like the tea and sympathy which would be a good starter one as it is gentle and not overpowering - it has a camomile tea bag in the centre.

If a moisturiser is what you want then Dream Cream is fab, folks with eczema can use this so it is very gentle.

If it is a block shampoo you would like then just pick the one reccommended for your hair type they all smell lovely except the one that smells of woodsmoke and that is not nice. It has orange peel in and is brown in colour - don't get that one.

Good luck Curry Queen, I don't think you will regret it.

Louise
    Nobody is perfect - not even me.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Those new soaps are wonderful.. the gel type ones.. they are of the same consistency as the gell air fresheners.. you know the ones your grnadma always had in the lavatory and the gel evaporated.. it is slimy and slithery but hell it smells like heaven on a good day when all the angels are baking cake! DIVINE!!! That it numbers 1-20 on my christmas list!!

And there are so many wonderful gift boxes I want them all.

The xmas massage bat is nice, it smells much less sickly this year which is good.

I love the 'sweetie' soap stack too.. I keep one in my kicyhen because it is so heavenly.

The LUSH order is on this months shopping list.. for friends family and ME!!! hubby has a seperate list of the more expensive things I want.. but I'll get myself the basics.

my daughter (12) also loves them, she got a heap of lush stuff last christmas as has used almost all of it now so ready for a restock for next year.

I've not tried the lip balms but they are on my shopping list!

I have one of the henna shampoo bars as well which is wonderful.. except I always forget to pick up a dark towel when I use it lol.

I have to be really careful I don't pick up anything with tea tree or lavendar in thoguh as they both send my excema wild.

Happy shopping!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • CLARABEL
    CLARABEL Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i love lush! I love it!

as a teen i would order cosmetics to go and when they disappeared I was gutted. to say the least.
    when i first went into a lush years ago, i thought...hmmmmm this is verrry familiar......and then I smiled...and sniffed!

Not a birthday or xmas goes by when I am not deluged with lush. my supply is currrently at critically low levels right now, but it's ok, cos my birthday is 11 days away...hooray!!!

the thing about them is their ethics, (not thier prices unfrotunately)...but since body shop sold out they're the only real option IMO..:T

Friends know now...get her lush...lush lush LUSH!!!!!!

CLARA.X:beer:

PS wow! my 100th post!!!!
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    Hummm, would you say this stuff would make a good present for the wife for Christmas then? Probably a silly question considering all the accolades I've just read.

She's said she doesn't want anything because we're a bit skint with her being out of work with the new baby. But there is no way I'm not going treat her to some nice things on Christmas day of all days (big kid at heart me)!
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happyidiotalk.. YES!!!!!!! Go in sniff them all and see which ones remind you of her when you smell them.. insane idea.. but it works for me! And bless you for refusing to let her go without... I wouldn't let her either!!

Clarabel.. congrats on the 100th post!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income