Great Ipod/ Ipod-ish Hunt

Options

Comments

• legalmind_3
    Options
    I never really understand all this anti-Apple sentiment. I own an Apple ibook, a 20gb ipod and a 512mg i-shuffle and have absolutely no complaints about any of them. As the products are made by the same company they are all designed to work together, the whole process is seamless. I take the shuffle to the gym and out and about (it cost £69 from the Apple Store), the ipod sits in its doc (bought from the US for about £150) and goes through my stereo (the sound is great), and the ibook has never broken down or had half the problems my old PCs have had.

When you buy an Apple product you know what you are paying for and part (but only part) of that is for the name and design.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • timbo24
    Options
    Alternative to ipod

iriver H320 - 20gig and more features than ipod.

Can record straight onto player from stereo or built in FM radio as iriver has mp3 encoder.
    Also can read other mp3 players, so plug in USB cable from other mp3 player and copy all the music.
    Colour screen for viewing pictures

Never used it so don't know sound quality etc, but sounds like a good rival to ipod

best price seen, £199.99 from mx2.co.uk
    never used them, but have ordered one.

(more detail on player)
  • nao_3
    nao_3 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    bean wrote:
    You can get a free mini ipod if you know any supply teachers (teachers who work through agencies rather than in permanent jobs).

There's a major teacher shortage in the UK so agencies will often reward you for referring teachers to them. The best offer I know of is a free mini ipod for every teacher you refer to Teacheractive (https://www.teacheractive.com).

They're only West Midlands based though so not much use for those in other parts of the country, but if you do know teachers in that neck of the woods, it's the cheapest ipod you're going to find!

Great tip thanks, however I went to the website and couldn't see any reference to this offer there. How do you take go about referring someone with this benefit?
  • SRD
    SRD Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    bean wrote:
    You can get a free mini ipod if you know any supply teachers (teachers who work through agencies rather than in permanent jobs).

There's a major teacher shortage in the UK so agencies will often reward you for referring teachers to them. The best offer I know of is a free mini ipod for every teacher you refer to Teacheractive (https://www.teacheractive.com).

They're only West Midlands based though so not much use for those in other parts of the country, but if you do know teachers in that neck of the woods, it's the cheapest ipod you're going to find!

Can't see anuthing about this on the web-site - could you provide some more information please
    Britain's Best Money Saver
  • nao_3
    nao_3 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    SRD wrote:
    Can't see anuthing about this on the web-site - could you provide some more information please

I emailed them asking about it and they confirmed the offer is valid if the teacher completes 10 days through them.

Hope that helps.
  • Rick's_Bugs_&_Buses
    Options
    Hi, this is my 1st post on the forum!

Been visiting the site and getting the MSE newletter for ages, but this Big Ipod/MP3 debate is something i'm interested in, so I have a question please:

I would like to transfer all my current CD's on to one device that I can play through my stereo at home, use in the car (if possible) as well as using as a portable like a walkman. Storage size needed would probably be over 20Gb, so I suppose a 30-40Gb would be a good starting point. I would be using a PC rather than a Mac to transfer the data, but may be switching to Mac in the next year or so ....... What would be the best options for me please???? Ipod or another MP3 that has connectability??

Cheers ... Rick :cool:
  • joeyjoejoe_2
    Options
    marks97 wrote:
    I personally like the Micro Zen, anyone got any good prices for that model?

Mark

im after one too, i have been searching for any decent discounts that could be used to get the player to < £130. as i stands the cheapest is £136.99 delivered by mx2.co.uk if anyone can find cheaper, or knows of a way of gettin it cheaper with a discount code, give us a SHOUT! :beer:
  • freebird_3
    Options
    I just bought a creative zen touch 40gb, good price at £220 from Dixons. I'm not impressed though.I've been trying the Quick start for three hours now and managed to download zilch! It's heavy,bulky, and the supplied ears are for nothing human,enormous!!Looking at alternatives,ipod ,iriver.......any suggestions.Would like easy transfer/navagation modes......
  • superfurry
    superfurry Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    the Zen Micro is better. Had a lot of good reviews. I'm considering that or an ipod Mini with the educational discount ~ £128. Is there any way, you ipodders, to get the music on WITHOUT using itunes ?
  • Bubba_Shaboo
    Bubba_Shaboo Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    superfurry wrote:
    Is there any way, you ipodders, to get the music on WITHOUT using itunes ?
    I've just started looking into this as Mrs Shaboo has just got her Shuffle, so I offer up for further research on your part the following:

Anapod Explorer
    http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

ml_iPod
    http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888

vPod
    http://www.vonnieda.org/vPod/

EphPod 2.51
    http://3d2f.com/programs/14-534-ephpod-download.shtml

It may be that someone else is already using one of these and can perhaps give some feedback?

HTH

Bubba

headphones2.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills