5. 3 cups bread flour
    6. 1 tsp yeast
    7. 1 small onion -chopped finely
    8. 1tbs olive oil
    9. 1tsp mild chilli powder
    10. 1tsp ground cumin
    11. 200g minced beef
    12. 200g chopped tomatoes
    13. 2tbs fresh coriander -chopped (optional)
    14. seasoning to suit
    • place first 6 item in you BM in the order to suit
    • set to "dough" (i make my dough by hand so use about 14g fresh yeat)
    • Heat the oil in a frying pan, add onion and cook until soft
    • add chilli powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute
    • add mince and cook until browned-stirring all the time to break up the mince
    • add tomatoes and cook over a low heat to allow to reduce and thicken
    • add coriander and season then leave to cool
    • turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly
    • divide into 8 equal sizes
    • roll out to approx 12" round -making it as thin as you can
    • transfer the discs to lightly floured baking sheets
    • divide the meat mixture between the bases and spread thinly..leaving a 1/2" border
    • cook for 6-8 mins or until just golden around the edges
    You can eat these hot or cold, and you basically roll them up to eat them like a tortilla
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Had my Asda Delivery last night. £86.64 spent. So have just updated my signature, however there are some small spends on bread and milk that the girls have been out to get, that I havent totalled up yet!. Oops. I will scrap around and see if I can find the receipts. Need to do a menu plan now, to incorporate all thats in the list, and everything left as I dont want to buy much more now until I am in the cottage. Then my challenge will be very different as there will only be 2 of us, instead of 8, then 6, as it has been over the last few months.! Cooking for 2 is going to be very strange, after cooking for a big family for so long! (And a pub full of people before that!).
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Just popping on before I go to York to update my signature. Yesterdays shopping was good - £79.67 so very pleased. I just have to nip into Poundland today for 2 more big bags of sugar & some shampoo/conditioners for my DD & I then I'm done. We're eating very well & the children are amazingly not eating as much 'rubbish' snacks as I predicted over the holidays :D Probably because I haven't bought many & I've been baking myself so at least I know whats in it all ;)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    the children are amazingly not eating as much 'rubbish' snacks as I predicted over the holidays :D Probably because I haven't bought many & I've been baking myself so at least I know whats in it all ;)

wish mine were doing as well as yours every time I look at them they are munching on easter eggs!
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well, Ive just done my last shop for my April which for me, ends on the 20th. After being rather smug all month I am now £15 over budget due to running out of all of the "big" stuff at once - dog food, cat food, cat litter, kitchen roll ,toilet roll ie all the stuff you cant eat!
    Im not too worried as Im really well stocked now!
    As its been said many times, its the wee bread and milk spends that get you every time! Milk varies SO much in price, I really hate being caught short but sometimes it cant be helped.
    By the way, I was in L14L today for the first tie for ages - their prices have shot up - what do others think? Im sticking to A*sD*!

Mrs M can you put me down for £120 for May - its a three weeker for me as Im off on ma hols on the 15th - different budget!
    Have a great day everyone!

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • Reporting in - Made a mistake in the last post I added the amount spent instead of taking away,daft.

Therefore £68 -17 =£51!!

Recent spends - Milk and Wine
    Wine and Milk!!
    Vegetables milk and wine.

£31

There seems to be a trend here, well sunny days in the garden,does that justify the near overspend?

Total left £20 until the end of the month
    SPC £500 well will try very hard.

GC £6.16/£150
  • I did my first grocery shop today, went to Jack Fultons while I was in town and got some frozen veg, and some 500ml bottles of water for DS's school lunches when they go back. Total: £5.87

Shouldn't need to go shopping now until Saturday.
    Start Date: 27/11/2010
    Padding: Day 42
    Target £8000
    Amount: £562.23
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Hi everyone - not posted for ages as the kids are on Easter Hols from School so no time to myself - we are having a quieter day today so can catch up, have updated my total, should make it this month as only one more shop to do next week and that will be me done.;)

Dinner tonight will be Sausages, mash, HM yorkies, carrots, cabbage and gravy.:D Fancied something nice and warming as it's been raining all day.

Hope you are all having a good month - off now to try and catch up on the pages I've missed.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Afternoon all

We have now had 8 red hot days in a row and not a drop of rain:eek:-great for warming the garden up ready for my seedlings-not so great for me :o..it has been 78 nearly all day ...the result though is lots of salads :jwe could and do quite happily live on jacket potato, salad and cottage cheese...so roll on my own veggies growing ;)..... the brassicas seedlings are loving it :T

Anyway we will need to nip out at the weekend for vast quantities of fizzy water, cottage cheese, salad stuff and fruit ....I think thats about it...

Hubby left for golf at 5:30 this morning :eek:and won't be back until about 9pm -so he took a cool bag packed with different cheeses on fresh home baked bread with lettuce, cumber, or onion, energy drink and bottles of water -so that should keep him going ;) he actually asked me to pack him up this time rather than me suggesting it :jhe has decided that forking out about €20 for food and drink he doesn't really enjoy is daft -especially as he gets that out of his own spends:D ......
    so tonight its just me to feed -so its jackets, salad n cottage cheese for 1 :rotfl:
    Have some granary/white/wholemeal mix bread cooling -if I can leave it long enough...
    hope everyone is having a great week :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • fletch3163
    fletch3163 Posts: 900 Forumite
    Well, am back after my meltdown of yesterday (was in the red for a day). It's just one of those months where I'm constantly in a shop for something. Am I too harsh on myself? Too harsh on DH and DS? They think so :o. Husband doesn't understand my desire to save. He thinks it's easier to just spend as you see fit. It is easier, of course it is, BUT it's not very clever now is it?

Had another spendy day today am afraid. Sainsbury are selling their Butcher's Choice sausages at half price of 99p. That's 75% meat in there Annie, even better than M&S at 60% meat :p. They're also doing diet Pepsi and 7Up at £1.30 for six.

I checked the bank statement and have discovered that I've spent £102 at the movies in a month. That's a disgrace!! An Easter fortnight off school, a Mother's birthday and a MIL broken down car to be assisted with certainly has added up to a disaster for my £££ in April.
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure