AVOID these Unlocking sites

Options

Comments

• colin2503
    Options
    Dont use unlock-central.com, I tried to get my vodafone 716 unlocked, having entered the phone model inc IME no they took payment via pay pal the e mailed to confirm order and said I would receive an unlock code within 24 hours. Emailed me this morning to say they cant unlock this phone but wouldnt refund my money as their tand c's state this . On looking back sat their site if you look at terms it lists the phones they can unlock. However having put in your phone details and payment being accepted you would expect they would have flagged up their inability to unlock before this . This is clearly a scam.
  • PeterLloyd37
    Options
    I had the same experience. I went to http://www.unlocksearch.com/ where the site says: "Easy! Search for your phone & learn how to unlock it for all networks." I payed £2.99 and received a 'report', telling me what to do if I wanted to unlock my phone - not the code I need to unlock the phone itself. The company behind this is Vertisco Ltd. AVOID THIS COMPANY!
  • ianpduk
    ianpduk Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Contacted Paypal and spoke about this to them as this is clearly a scam - they are investigating and may pull the plug on this company - It's not in their interests to allow bad feelings associated with their payments system.
    Did anybody else report this scam to Paypal? If you haven't already done so log in to your Paypal account and start a dispute.
    I will also be contacting Trading standards as although they say 'learn how' they also say 'unlock your phone today'. A deliberate misleading statement! I Sugest anyone else who has been caught does the same!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Likewise stay away from https://www.unlocksamsung.co.uk (owner = Kirk Enterprises (UK) Ltd). www.mobileunlocked.co.uk

Be careful of paying any company using Green Light (have a look at: http://unlocksamsung.co.uk/samsung_unlock.htm for their logo)

They are a bunch of shysters.

• ianpduk
    ianpduk Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is blaming unlocksearch.com but what about PAYPAL - they know about this con and are doing nothing about it other than processing the refunds when requested. I got caught on 22/7/08 (about 8pm) lodged complaint 22/7/08 credited 22/7/08. pretty quick with the refund. PAYPAL know about this and could easily stop more getting caught if they stopped allowing payment via them! - I only payed because of the PAYPAL option. - Don't just complain to unlocksearch.com but enter dispute with PAYPAL & COMPLAIN about PAYPAL sugestion as follows

I recently got caught by a Con trick which I subsequently found out was well documented on a large scale on internet forum sites. I spoke to your support centre and also filed a dispute. Refund given immediatly - as it appears others have been refunded when dispute lodged. - MY COMPLAINT is when you are aware of this type of activity why you continue to allow people to get conned in this way. The only reason for paying was because of the PAYPAL option. This sugests that all is well when all is not well! The Company I am refering to is Vertisco Ltd. Is it that you just don't care about individuals or is it that you are happy to receive commission from this conning company? You are in a position to protect consumers further by stopping them from using PAYPAL for their ill gotten gains.

Act now and maybe PAYPAL will listen also!
  • NickNack_3
    Options
    i tried to get an unlock from

wirelessunlocks.co.uk

they told me they couldnt unlock my phone and gave me a full refund.
  • haxta
    haxta Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Wireless Unlocks are a scam.
    After you pay them you will get this email
    Dear Customer
    We are sorry to tell you that on this occasion we have no solution
    available to unlock your phone. We apologise for this and are working
    very hard to keep up to date and produce methods to unlock as many
    phones as we can.
    And this will be at the end
    You will be issued a full refund from ourselves, please allow up to
    seven days for this to reach your bank account (although it is
    usually faster than this). The refunds generally go straight into
    your card account or bank account.
    And that will be the last you will hear from them.
    They will not respond to emails at all after that.
    BUYER BEWARE
    Spead the word
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Options
    Just want to bump this thread, i had a blackberry pearl i wanted to unlock, tried wireless unlocks and Unlocksearch.co.uk, both as others have said are rip off merchants, promised refunds and none arrived, although i did get onto my credit card and as i hadnt recvd goods they reversed the transactions for me which was handy.

only wish i had read this thread before trying them.
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • johnwalter
    Options
    This is about unlock-central.co.uk
    You get to their page fill in details, pay £3 and they promise to send a code.
    You get a message back saying they cannot find the code and say their terms and conditions state they will not issue a refund.

Hmmmmm.
    I sent an email saying I did not accept their terms and conditions and could I have my money back.
    No response.
    I went into the dispute process with paypal and hey presto! within minutes they had returned my money.
    Only £3 but great satisfaction
  • johnwalter
    Options
    Go into the dispute process with paypal. i got it back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business