Get Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Managed a quick half hour walk around the park last night. I nearly ran a little bit but something stopped me. Definitely feel I could break into a run anytime soon. Like you Maman I chose to stay outdoors and that's why I went to park and not into the gym. We are inundated with thick fog though this morning. Who knows how the rest of the day will turn out.

Sorry to hear about the job Lush, at least with some new experience under your belt you'll feel more confident going into the next one. Fingers crossed.

Still trying here with the fluids BEG but not sort of a half hearted effort.

I've got a tuna salad with me for lunch and need to think about getting some super frees into dinner but I will put in a good days effort.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Denise,

I am following the 2014 book and in there the blue berries are not speedy but the are a superfree. I thought I was to do free and a third superfree foods and use as many speed as I like ??

Blueberries used to be SF but it is one of the fruits which changed to being just Free under the new EE brought out this year, along with grapes & bananas. Of course the old version worked (ie 2014 book) but the using what are now Speed fruit & veg rather than the old Superfree is supposed to work better.

It might be useful if you could pop along to a group near you for one meeting to get the new member talk and the new books which would make it easier to understand what we're talking about on here when we talk about Speed and Protein rather than the Free, Superfree, F, FF, C & CC symbols used last year.

Denise
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2015 at 9:19AM
    Options
    Hi Denise,

I am following the 2014 book and in there the blue berries are not speedy but the are a superfree. I thought I was to do free and a third superfree foods and use as many speed as I like ??

SW changed their format at the beginning of this year, they've stopped using the Superfree term and now use Speed to describe the reduced list of fruit and veg that count towards your 1/3 a day for EE. There's a list somewhere, I'll have a look in a mo, but as far as veg is concerned the speed foods are the same as those that used to be called Superfree - which is basically any veg that doesn't start with a P, i.e. not Potatoes, Parsnips, Peas, Pulses! I'm sure there are other exceptions, but this covers most of the bases.

All fruit is free, but some are not classed as Speed, mainly tropical fruit such as banana, mango and pineapple but blueberries are also not on the list (wrongly in my view as they are classed as a Superfood by health groups).

LL :)

ETA p.s. - I've had a look for the list of Speed fruit and veg but haven't found it yet, if I come across it I'll post it later, or if anyone else has a list, can you post it please?
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • lantanna
    Options
    Fruit

Apples
    Apricots
    Blackberries
    Blackcurrants
    Clementines
    Cranberries
    Damsons
    Gooseberries
    Grapefruit
    Guava
    Lemons
    Lime
    Loganberries
    Mandarins
    Melon
    Nectarines
    Oranges
    Papaya
    Passion fruit
    Peaches
    Pears
    Plums
    Pomelo
    Raspberries
    Redcurrants
    Rhubarb
    Satsumas
    Star fruit
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Ugli fruit
    Whitecurrants
  • lantanna
    Options
    Vegetables
    Acorn squash
    Alfalfa sprouts
    Amaranth
    Artichokes
    Asparagus
    Aubergine
    Baby sweetcorn
    Bamboo shoots
    Bean sprouts
    Beetroot
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts
    Butternut squash
    Cabbage
    Capers
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Celeriac
    Celery
    Chard
    Chicory
    Chillies
    Chinese leaf
    Courgettes
    Cucumber
    Endive
    Fennel
    Green beans
    Garlic
    Gherkins
    Kale
    Leeks
    Lettuce
    Mangetout
    Marrow
    Mushrooms
    Onion
    Pak choi
    Peppers
    Pumpkin
    Radicchio
    Radishes
    Rocket
    Runner beans
    Shallots
    Spinach
    Spring greens
    Spring onions
    Sugar snap peas
    Swede
    Tomatoes
    Turnip
    Vine leaves watercress
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done Candyapple and CountingPennies for SOTW :T.

I'm not doing very well with this challenge at all, I've gained instead of losing! I'm not giving up, but I have made a decision not to buy new clothes to take to Spain. I'm convinced that once I'm there things will start working again, and if I can make do with this year's summer clothes and things that are a bit small at the moment that will hopefully fit soon, I'll save some money for a big spend in the spring. :D
    joedenise wrote: »
    Last night's Quorn sausage casserole was revolting! The texture of the sausages was really weird. Definitely won't be making that again!

I find Quorn sausages and other products quite bland, they don't do that well in a casserole, they need to be spiced up a bit. They work quite well in the spicy sausage ragout recipe that's on the list in Post #1.
    maman wrote: »
    Stopped and bought a salad from Pret a Manger at lunchtime. Decided I can go into a caf! any time but the weather's so glorious that I decided to sit outside. Salad nicoise which is free except for the pot of vinaigrette and I just drizzled a little of that.

I love their salad Nicoise - but doesn't it come with olives as well? I couldn't have a Nicoise without them. :rotfl:
    maman wrote: »
    If you like cod, many supermarkets sell bags of frozen pieces that taste fine. They just don't look all neat.

I usually have some of these in the freezer and use them for fish pie along with boil in the bag fish in sauce, which is only 1 syn per portion and comes with too much sauce in relation to fish, so I add to it with some of the frozen cod.

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)

ETA p.s. thanks for the lists Lantanna.
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice replies on SOTW..... Congrats to you too CandyApple!

Today is gonna go something like this....

Breakfast: Wholemeal salmon roll (HEB)

Lunch: Beef and sw roast potatoes

Tea: Wholemeal thin pizza-chicken and red onion (Cheese HEA, Thin 5 syns)

Snacks: Beetroot, pickles, apple x 2, grapes, hi-fi bar

SYNS: Thin (5), hi-fi (3)

I'm working hence the pizza based meal.

Have a great day everyone!

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • debbiedodge1737
    Options
    Thanks for all the speed food lists :) that was very nice of you to do that. I have decided just to stick with the 2014 SW book though ( people did lose weight on that in 2014) and to be honest its all such a HUGE healthy change for me it should have a good affect :) . I get all the S & P days ect as a friends doing it through a meeting at the moment. I just cant afford it weekly right now.

So just want to check with you all , is it still ok to take part in the Slimming World Challenge with you guys or should I join another diet forum ?

Thanks
    Debbie x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I posted last week that i was doing training for the Cardiff half marathon... I've been doing daily runs of about 7 miles and physically i'm in a decent condition! My BMI is 22 and i have 14.9% body fat. Some how since doing these runs i have put on weight, 4lbs to be exact :huh:

I'm 1 of these people who can eat anything and not put on any weight but i do more vigorous exercise and i put on weight, how has that happened?
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for all the speed food lists :) that was very nice of you to do that. I have decided just to stick with the 2014 SW book though ( people did lose weight on that in 2014) and to be honest its all such a HUGE healthy change for me it should have a good affect :) . I get all the S & P days ect as a friends doing it through a meeting at the moment. I just cant afford it weekly right now.

So just want to check with you all , is it still ok to take part in the Slimming World Challenge with you guys or should I join another diet forum ?

Thanks
    Debbie x

Yes stay with us we all adapt it to suit ourselves it dosent have to be rigid, I got to target by using the old plan and couldn't be bothered to faff around with the new one. As long as its works for you that's fine.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport