🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• Badger04
    Badger04 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same old story from Calor. would be paying 51p/litre if just renewed contract. I live in Dorset.
    Rang them and after haggle got 45p/litre fixed for 12 months and £100 incentive.
    I use approx. 2000 litres of gas per year, so works out to a price of approx. 40 p/litre if I take the incentive off the first year.
    I have an underground 2000 litre tank which I pay Calor 24.57p for. They own the tank.
    I know I will get the standard increase every 6 months after the first anniversary of the contract.
    Is this a good deal?
    Many thanks money saving experts!:A
  • Adam-C_2
    Adam-C_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Badger04 wrote: »
    Same old story from Calor. would be paying 51p/litre if just renewed contract. I live in Dorset.
    Rang them and after haggle got 45p/litre fixed for 12 months and £100 incentive.
    I use approx. 2000 litres of gas per year, so works out to a price of approx. 40 p/litre if I take the incentive off the first year.
    I have an underground 2000 litre tank which I pay Calor 24.57p for. They own the tank.
    I know I will get the standard increase every 6 months after the first anniversary of the contract.
    Is this a good deal?
    Many thanks money saving experts!:A

The best way to Get your price down is to either move to another company or get a notice 1 form from a competitor and get them to send into your current supplier, you'll get a completely different offer. right now, no-one should be paying more than 38p per litre to sign a new contract with the price of LPG this low.
  • Trickmeister
    Options
    Contract Renewal Time again!!!!
    Calor offering me two year renewal at my current price of 50ppl. No fix, and no incentive to renew at all other than if I choose not to sign up they cannot guarantee the price will still be 50ppl.

Checked Countywide who have quoted 41ppl, £12.50 quarterly tank rental, and £75 credit; price fixed for 6 months of a two year contract. They've since offered the option of a 12 month contract with the opportunity to fix again.

ExtraFuel have quoted 35ppl, £60 annual tank charge, price fixed for 12 months. Option to go onto their monthly variable rate (currently 39.5ppl), or negotiate another 12 month fix for the second year.

Contacted Calor who are huffing and puffing about what a lousy service everyone else provides, and how they are worth the cost, but are supposed to be getting back to me with a proposal. Two years ago we went through this same dance right to the point of changing supplier before Calor finally made an offer we couldn't refuse. Looks like we will do the same again.
  • Trickmeister
    Options
    UPDATE !
    I emailed the contact I had on their Tank Transfers Team at Head Office when I initiated the transfer process two years ago. They had moved departments, but forwarded my mail and someone rang me this morning.

They have offered 38ppl fixed for first 12 months, 41ppl fixed for the second 12 months, and a £150 credit. I use about 2500 litres pa. Sounds like a good deal on the face of it. Gives a degree of certainty, and to be fair their delivery record for us has been excellent over the last 12 years.

I would urge anyone to deal with Head Office rather than the people in local depots. They are either unwilling or unable to strike deals whereas I have found the people at HO to be nothing other than helpful.
  • Adam-C_2
    Adam-C_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATE !
    I emailed the contact I had on their Tank Transfers Team at Head Office when I initiated the transfer process two years ago. They had moved departments, but forwarded my mail and someone rang me this morning.

They have offered 38ppl fixed for first 12 months, 41ppl fixed for the second 12 months, and a £150 credit. I use about 2500 litres pa. Sounds like a good deal on the face of it. Gives a degree of certainty, and to be fair their delivery record for us has been excellent over the last 12 years.

I would urge anyone to deal with Head Office rather than the people in local depots. They are either unwilling or unable to strike deals whereas I have found the people at HO to be nothing other than helpful.

Very well done!! at the moment, from the people around me who have Calor, They (calor) are doing all they can to keep customers. some even have better deals than the one mentioned.

to be fair though, that's a good deal with the 2nd year fixed.:T
  • Badger04
    Badger04 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have finally decided to go with Flo-gas 38p/litre fixed for 1 year, £250 credit. £80 underground tank. 3.5p/litre increase max every 6 months in year 2.
    As has already been said. To get any sense out of Calor, you need to contact their head office.
    I do want to put on record that Michael Cuff from 'switch my LPG' was the catalyst to get a really good quote. Do not be frightened to use him.
    Good look all you money saving experts!:A
  • Rhino666
    Rhino666 Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

I have ordered my LPG from Calor through Mole Valley Farmers for the last three years - three year contract finishes on 19th September.

I pay £27.10 a quarter for tank rental and have always had good rates for LPG. They are now quoting 43.45p + VAT per litre which seems a little high bearing in mind the wholesale rate. Last time it was this low I was paying less than 36p. Is 43.45p still competitive or is there a cheaper supplier for South Devon?

Thanks

Rob
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • Trickmeister
    Options
    Badger04 wrote: »
    Have finally decided to go with Flo-gas 38p/litre fixed for 1 year, £250 credit. £80 underground tank. 3.5p/litre increase max every 6 months in year 2.
    As has already been said. To get any sense out of Calor, you need to contact their head office.
    I do want to put on record that Michael Cuff from 'switch my LPG' was the catalyst to get a really good quote. Do not be frightened to use him.
    Good look all you money saving experts!:A
    Hi Badger,
    I am interested to know if you quoted Calor the deal I have been offered, and if so what their response was?
  • meagan
    meagan Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Its contract renewal time and I am struggling to remember the internet site of lpg supplers for my area so I can do my comparions.
    would be grateful if someone could point me in the reght direction
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,464 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    meagan wrote: »
    Its contract renewal time and I am struggling to remember the internet site of lpg supplers for my area so I can do my comparions.
    would be grateful if someone could point me in the reght direction

Is the info you require not buried in this thread somewhere?

:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport