Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi

I have been asked previously whether health care professionals give out the numbers associated with their registration with the relevant governing body. The question highlighted some inconsistency in the advice given and approaches taken. We have now clarified the latest advice given to HCPs from each of the relevant governing bodies. The current advice is that when HCPs are asked at an assessment for their registration number they should provide it.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2013 at 12:15PM
    Options
    Hi

I have been asked previously whether health care professionals give out the numbers associated with their registration with the relevant governing body. The question highlighted some inconsistency in the advice given and approaches taken. We have now clarified the latest advice given to HCPs from each of the relevant governing bodies. The current advice is that when HCPs are asked at an assessment for their registration number they should provide it.

And what if they refuse because we have heard of HCPs not exactly sticking to the procedures that are laid down in the medical services handbook?

What recourse does the claimant undergoing the assessment have?

P.S. Nice to see the Rep spends at least 2mins here!! :D
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    Anybody know how I take a complaint to a second level? I made a complaint last month and should have had an answer on Friday unless they contacted me to ask for more time and since they didn't I asked when I was going to get a reply and received a very snotty reply back telling me that I need to wait and the 4 weeks wasn't until the 19th which is wrong as my complaint was dated the 15th.

Did the Atos rep mis this one by accident?
  • Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    hi,i have a atos home visit assessment coming up which atos will be recording,do i get a copy of the recording before he/she leaves?

Hi claret-hammer

Yes, you get a copy of the recording at the end of the assessment.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JS477
    Options
    Hi

And what if they refuse because we have heard of HCPs not exactly sticking to the procedures that are laid down in the medical services handbook?

What recourse does the claimant undergoing the assessment have?
  • JS477
    edited 18 March 2013 at 5:18PM
    Options
    Hi claret-hammer

Assuming of course that atos have agreed to allow you to have your WCA recorded!

It would seem that the assurances given by Mark Hoban aren't always carried out by atos!!

Maybe the atos rep would like to comment on this fact!
  • Wicked_witch
    Options
    Seems to have missed mine too. Was it inappropriate for the thread? Sorry if so.
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    Thank you for that answer,

Now please tell me how a HCP asking a question,
    Like.

"Can you walk to the local shops"

How dose that fit In with "Consistency" No body live the same distance from the local shops,

Also how dose that fit In with the individual’s situation ?

The HCP Dose not ask how far away the shops are. They could be three doors down or three miles away,. They only ask "Can you walk to the local shops."

You see someone who live very close to a local shop could answer yes I can walk to the local shoo. They could then lose money because of this. Someone else who live a mile from the local shop could say no. And get extra money.

How dose asking questions like that help with your "Consistency" and the individual’s situation when not all of the info is available, because the question is so remote

Just Giving My Question a Bump, Don't wont the Atos Rep to Miss it.
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • Redman_2
    Redman_2 Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2013 at 7:15PM
    Options
    Hi claret-hammer

Questions to The ATOS Rep ;

As this individuals query is with respect to the audio recording of a Home Assessment, as seen on this post ; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=60056541&postcount=1470 , can The ATOS Rep please respond to the following.

Q1. Are ATOS now offering the facility for Home Assessments for DLA and/or ESA to be audio recorded ?

Q2. If the answer is "Yes" to Q1. above, how long has this facility been available for Home Assessments ?

Q3. If the answer to Q1. is "Yes" will all claimants requesting that their Home Assessment is audio recorded have this facility provided. If your response to this query, (Q3.) is "No" please give reasons for a "No" response.

Q4. Will this audio recording equipment be provided and set up by the assessing ATOS HCP/EMP. at no cost to the claimant ?

Q5. If the answer to Q4. above is "Yes", what type of audio recording equipment will be used ?

Q6. If responses to Q1. and Q4. are "Yes" will a copy of the audio recording be offered to the claimant at the end of the assessment, in all circumstances ?
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    JS477 wrote: »
    Assuming of course that atos have agreed to allow you to have your WCA recorded!

It would seem that the assurances given by Mark Hoban aren't always carried out by atos!!

Maybe the atos rep would like to comment on this fact!

According to their own blog you can

How to request an audio recorded assessment

http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2012/12/how-to-request-an-audio-recorded-assessment/

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure