Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• zadord
    Options
    my claim just got rejected by alitalia. and the reasons are:

We are writing to you further to your email sent to us on 13/02/2013 in connection with the cancellation of flight AZ 0594 on 17/10/2008.

We wish to explain that, effective on the 13th January 2009, a different company known as Alitalia -Compagnia Aerea Italiana, S.p.A, was formed, which is completely separate from the former Alitalia Linee Aeree Italiane S.p.A. which ceased to trade on the 12th January 2009. This means that we are not empowered to deal with any issue arising from your travelling with Alitalia Linee Aeree Italiane S.p.A in October 2008.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to clarify this matter.

Yours sincerely,
    Alitalia Customer Relations UK

what should I do???
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had my claim rejected.
    Airline: Monarch
    Delay: 8 hours

Reasons:
    "Our records show that the airroft scheduled to operate your flight was found to have damage on the lower back corner of the forward cargo door. This was structural damage which was declared beyond operational limits and therefore rendered your aircraft unsafe to fly."

They eventually found another plane, so we got away 8 hours later.
    They write:

"I am satisfied that this was indeed an extraordinary circumstance that could not have been reasonably prevented by Monarch. I am unable to agree your claim for compensation".

SC

Suggest you post on the Monarch thread so Mark can include. Seems you have a valid reason to claim ~ up to you if you sort via the Court or use a no win/no fee firm.
  • spaceaarvark
    Options
    Sarkysandy wrote: »
    Anyone claimed for the 24 hr delay back in April last year on Thompson Airline? I can't find the flight details and was wondering if anyone know it or a wy to find it?

You know where it was flying from; you know where it was flying to; you know who the airline was and you can pin the date down to a range of 30 days (and I suspect you could narrow it down further with a bit more memory-racking)!
    Should take you about half an hour to find the flight on Flight Stats!
  • Andy1986uk
    Options
    I had a flight canceled back in 2009 I have emails with numbers and booking reference plus dates and flight no.s not actual boarding cards. Can I still approach to claim for the canceled flight under new EU rules?

Thanks
  • williamro
    Options
    Andy1986uk wrote: »
    I had a flight canceled back in 2009 I have emails with numbers and booking reference plus dates and flight no.s not actual boarding cards. Can I still approach to claim for the canceled flight under new EU rules?

Thanks

Yes, there is no legal requirement to produce boarding cards and the info you have is more than enough to show you took the flight. Airline's manifest should also show them this.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Andy1986uk wrote: »

Thanks

Please read the FAQ's.

Pretty please? :kiss::)

This thread is for non specific questions. Please post in the dedicated relevant airline thread.
  • Andy1986uk
    Options
    I'm ever so sorry ill be sure to take more notice where I post in the future..........:rotfl:
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might not need to post Andy if you just do a tiny bit of reading up, most questions are already answered.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=59173303#post59173303
    And then the people that are trying to help answer harder questions might not have to wade through so many repeated questions.
    We're only here (for free) trying to help :undecided
  • Magsm_2
    Options
    We had a delay of around 6 hours on a B.M.I .baby flight in August 2010. Have managed to find all the flight codes but have'nt got the booking reference. Will this mean we can't claim? Have read the posts and B.A. appear to pay the compensation.
  • blondmark
    Options
    Just wanted to suggest a possible solution for a recurring problem raised throughout the delayed flight forums.

Can you claim if you don't have every last detail of the flight years later, and can't remember much about it? Yes of course you can. The onus of proof in civil claims is only on the balance of probabilities - in terms of a percentage that's just 51%.

Chances are you bought your ticket online, or at the very least provided your email address. Every email program has a search facility - use it. So if you went to Ibiza search on Ibiza. If you flew with Ryanair search on Ryanair. If your flight was FU2 search on FU2. If you only remember being on a plane that was late then search on flight. If you went with someone else, chances are they have an email address and they can perform the same search.

You can ignore airlines' demands for original tickets / boarding cards / photos of you on their plane, etc. If the airline is in denial that you ever flew with them, sue them and then serve a Subject Access Request on them.

Above all don't get locked into any waiting games. Give them 14 days to agree settlement and then sue. If during that 14 days they request more time, give them 7-14 days more, and then sue. If at any stage they use the words 'Extraordinary Circumstances' and it's not, then sue.

For many airlines it's a numbers game - most people don't sue and therefore most people don't get a penny and crooked airlines get away with millions in unpaid compensation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback