Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Jerryjerryjerry
    Options
    The fried green tomato curry was to die for! Even if I say so myself. This is what I did, if anybody wants to try it, as tomatoes don't seen to be ripening again this year:

Heat Ghee or butter in a pan. Add teaspoon of mustard seeds and tsp of cumin seeds. When starting to pop, add 1 chopped onion, 6 spring onions chopped, a thumb of grated fresh ginger or more to taste. Add 2 chopped green chillies (or less to taste), then add 4 cloves of finely chopped or grated garlic then finally add the sliced green tomatoes.. once these are starting to brown - keep stirring, to prevent sticking, add 2 tsp of madras curry powder and then add one cup of water and put lid on and simmer, stirring every few minutes. Once its gone all mushy, its ready! Oh, if you have spare mushrooms in the fridge that need using up, stick them in as well, at the time of adding madras curry powder! It was a lovely, tangy and fresh tasting curry. Had mine with a bowl of yoghurt and salad.
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Daft as a brush :rotfl: Anyway, that curry does sound good :rotfl:

Margarine? :rotfl:

I try not to feed trolls but in this case a troll fed us so all to the good :D

Mx

:rotfl: :beer:

Thank you Mercy, I'm having a bit of sense of humour failure today, it's so nice to come on here and be cheered up.

last night I found out about the six weeks eating gluten and that someone had dumped 70+ (full) bin bags outside my gate and then, this morning, when the bin bags had gone and I could leave the house, I found scaffolding blocking one side of the road and the other side blocked by them parking on the pavement - it's one-way so I had to ride against the traffic on my mobility scooter. So I had a 'polite' word. I then had a meeting about DS2 which was very unsatisfactory, with the school senco inadvertently but completely undermining our legal case for the tribunal. I got home to find the scaffolders hadn't moved the lorry and had a conversation with a very unhelpful woman at coeliac uk. And I'm feeling like !!!!!.

On the plus side I may have found somewhere to move to so it's not all bad, my energy bills may be slightly lower this winter :D
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    The fried green tomato curry was to die for! Even if I say so myself. This is what I did, if anybody wants to try it, as tomatoes don't seen to be ripening again this year:

Heat Ghee or butter in a pan. Add teaspoon of mustard seeds and tsp of cumin seeds. When starting to pop, add 1 chopped onion, 6 spring onions chopped, a thumb of grated fresh ginger or more to taste. Add 2 chopped green chillies (or less to taste), then add 4 cloves of finely chopped or grated garlic then finally add the sliced green tomatoes.. once these are starting to brown - keep stirring, to prevent sticking, add 2 tsp of madras curry powder and then add one cup of water and put lid on and simmer, stirring every few minutes. Once its gone all mushy, its ready! Oh, if you have spare mushrooms in the fridge that need using up, stick them in as well, at the time of adding madras curry powder! It was a lovely, tangy and fresh tasting curry. Had mine with a bowl of yoghurt and salad.

Nice one JJJ! Your lovely curry is there, listed, for all to enjoy!

Does sound good and I'll be recommending this to a few friends I know with allotments or greenhouses :)

whoop! We're on a roll!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Options
    daska wrote: »
    :rotfl: :beer:

Thank you Mercy, I'm having a bit of sense of humour failure today, it's so nice to come on here and be cheered up. (:j )

last night I found out about the six weeks eating gluten Dealt with - semolina or thick (with) barley soup

and that someone had dumped 70+ (full) bin bags outside my gate and then, this morning, when the bin bags had gone and I could leave the house, I found scaffolding blocking one side of the road and the other side blocked by them parking on the pavement - it's one-way so I had to ride against the traffic on my mobility scooter. So I had a 'polite' word. I then had a meeting about DS2 which was very unsatisfactory, with the school senco inadvertently but completely undermining our legal case for the tribunal. I got home to find the scaffolders hadn't moved the lorry and had a conversation with a very unhelpful woman at coeliac uk. And I'm feeling like !!!!!. No wonder!

On the plus side I may have found somewhere to move to so it's not all bad, my energy bills may be slightly lower this winter :D

As long as you can find the ABILITY to move every day, that's important!

Glad you got a giggle. We're here to help in more ways than food :rotfl:

So, boil up your barley and sup down your semolina in the full knowledge that [STRIKE]we're glad it's you and not us[/STRIKE] we love you and will be here even if you're a bit grumpy. :kisses:

Big love babelicious! :grouphug:

MXXX
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    As long as you can find the ABILITY to move every day, that's important!

Glad you got a giggle. We're here to help in more ways than food :rotfl:

So, boil up your barley and sup down your semolina in the full knowledge that [STRIKE]we're glad it's you and not us[/STRIKE] we love you and will be here even if you're a bit grumpy. :kisses:

Big love babelicious! :grouphug:

MXXX

nicely said :T:beer:

absolute bounder the curry sounds nice ,the rest doesnt seem to fit with your superfoods list for a 'route to great health' :cool:
  • Mercy
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    nicely said :T:beer:

absolute bounder the curry sounds nice ,the rest doesnt seem to fit with your superfoods list for a 'route to great health' :cool:

:beer:

Lols n rofls n outloud giggling ;) :j:beer: :D

There doesn't seem to be a ti*ter icon. :eek: I did actually ti*ter at this :rotfl:

Mx
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    :beer:

Lols n rofls n outloud giggling ;) :j:beer: :D

There doesn't seem to be a ti*ter icon. :eek: I did actually ti*ter at this :rotfl:

Mx

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-021.gif
  • absolutebounder
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »

Thats the point. I have great health I only had one of the superfoods in my curry. (turmeric) incidentally turmeric is used in ayurvedic medicine to combat salmonella.

If you want to stay healthy you listen to your body. Obviously you dont want a carb only diet any more than you want a fat or protein only diet. The diet industry makes millions out of selling these ideas about losing weight when all you have to do is overcome the emotional issues that have led us to overeat.
    I do not run a site selling pots of healthyness. That is the very thing I am against but I will let the person off for saying that.
    I do hypnosis for people to lose weight. I dont use gastric band hypnosis as I am not happy with it from a safety POV and the cost to the client. I use regression to find out why someone has overeaten then treat that issue. Once a person listens to their body they will drop back to an ideal weight at around a pound or two per week eating whatever they like.
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • Mercy
    Options
    smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-021.gif

Like it! That's exactly what I was doing :)

Mwah! X

Mx
  • Mercy
    Options
    Remember, dear friends, feeding a troll is mostly verboten.

We all do it to some degree but you must hold in your heart quite what you want from a dialogue.

If you choose to interact, know that you choose.

I love all low carbers!

MX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure