The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge

Options

Comments

• hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again

Ive just caught up with the posts i've missed.

I know that we're not supposed to discuss PPI claims on this post but could someone possibly put me in the right direction?

Over the last ten years i have had loans fro Alliance and Leicester, might I be able to claim the ppi back
    Jimmytwoshoes there is a thread about PPI claims etc.under the "Reclaim Bank Charges" thread.You may find that helpful.
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was really good with my mini challenge last week :) bed before 12 most nights and up at 7.30 most mornings. This has left me feeling quite refreshed and I have £7.20 to put towards something nice that I want. So I used it to buy the OH some deodorant for a small xmas pressie.

This weeks challenge starting tomorrow is going to be the "put 1 thing back" challenge.
    What you have to do, is when you're out shopping and you've loaded up your trolley/basket and ready to pay, put one thing back. I wonder how many items you have in there that you don't really need, you'd just like. Then put that amount towards your debts. You might surprise yourself.

Hope you all did well with your challenge this week, and happy debt-busting for the coming week. I've just ordered a veg box, so hopefully that'll mean I don't have to buy any groceries from Thursday onwards for a week, fingers crossed.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • dd1981
    dd1981 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everybody :wave:

Have counted my penny jar today and paid £5 into credit card, every little bit counts :rotfl: Am also going to post lots of stuff onto ebay tonight so I can hopefully have my total paid figure for December over £1,000 :j I THINK I can do it, have got money coming from Paypal for ebay sales and a minimum payment to pay on one of credit cards which brings it just under the £1k mark. Ebay sales here I come!! Hope you are all having a lovely day :)

Total is now.....

£916.79/£9,793.81

DD
    x
  • browng
    browng Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Hope everyone is good and had a good weekend. Had an excellent day today and payed another £200 off my debt to take me under the 5 grand mark :D

200 / 5115

New total £4915

Overdraft [STRIKE]2500[/STRIKE] 2300
    Credit card 450
    Loan 2165
  • May2013
    May2013 Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Can someone hide my credit card from me please, I'm on a spend high and need to stop spending =(.

I know how you feel....I've quite literally avoided buying anything other than food for the last 12 months but now with Christmas shopping in full swing I'm getting a little too used to handing over my debit card and have noticed rather worryingly that I haven't winced when I've keyed in my PIN number for over a week....I even had an unplanned spend yesterday on a Christmassy DVD (£3.50).....arrghhhh....need to spend time in a darkened room...."I will clear my debt by Xmas 2012....I will clear my debt by Xmas 2012..." ;)
    LBM Aug '07 Debt [STRIKE]£52,615[/STRIKE] :eek: DEBT FREE Aug '12 :j
    Cap One CC £[STRIKE]5000[/STRIKE]/£0 - HSBC CC £[STRIKE]7500[/STRIKE]/£0 - HSBC Loan £[STRIKE]12,225[/STRIKE]/£0
    M&S CC £[STRIKE]11,500[/STRIKE]/£0 - Egg CC £[STRIKE]8750[/STRIKE]/£0 - Sains CC £[STRIKE]3000[/STRIKE]/£0
    HMRC £[STRIKE]3140[/STRIKE]/£0 - OD £[STRIKE]1500[/STRIKE]/£0
    Pay off ALL your debt by Xmas 2012 £14,128/£14,128 :j
  • Miss_Information
    Options
    Hi, don't want to go on, but could my payments etc be updated on the first page? I have changed my total debt figure and paid off £85

So:
    £85.00 / £2529.33

Thank you!
    :) Lightbulb moment Nov 2011 :)
    Pay off my debt by Xmas 2012 Challenge #038 : £699.33 / £2529.33 (26.46%)
    Overdraft @ pay day: Oct: £-733.90 Nov: £-662.01 Dec: £-306.61 Jan: £-147.86 Feb £-73.84 Mar: £+367 :)
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all

Kerri I've never used a veg box company as friends found the contents were a bit random - I pick up fresh organic from the supermarket and keep bags of frozen organic for emergencies.

Have somehow just managed to go round the local retail park and spend absolutely nothing. Had intended to get a plant for my work windowsill out of mini-challenge money, but nothing I liked and amazingly nothing else I wanted in the other shops either. So might just leave the money reducing the overdraft :D

Am finding it really helpful to have a date in mind as I don't feel I'm being deprived of things forever, there is a definite date when I will be able to have stuff if I still want it... does that make any sense... :o Am saying to myself 'but do you need it before next Christmas' and 'but will it last til Dec12'... which is good as it's focusing on MY life NOW not some other life I think I might want :o

Am going to continue the challenge of leaving work on time for this week as it's been really helpful - I'm getting used to having proper evenings and going to bed at a decent time, so am waking up feeling good.

Hope everybody's Mondays have been OK.

Rosa
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey All! Sorry I've not been on much for the last couple of days but I had a rather thick head from my adventures with some Becks on Saturday night... At least I'm not as bad as some of the others who couldn't be bothered to go to the bar anymore so bought a bottle of wine and put a straw in it so they could carry on dancing...OMG how classy!

Anyway, I'm off to update everyone's totals and welcome the newbies properly! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the snow xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, don't want to go on, but could my payments etc be updated on the first page? I have changed my total debt figure and paid off £85

So:
    £85.00 / £2529.33

Thank you!

Well done on your payment Miss Information! :T:T:T

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    This weeks challenge starting tomorrow is going to be the "put 1 thing back" challenge.
    What you have to do, is when you're out shopping and you've loaded up your trolley/basket and ready to pay, put one thing back. I wonder how many items you have in there that you don't really need, you'd just like. Then put that amount towards your debts. You might surprise yourself.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I am such a sucker for the marketing ploys of the supermarket scrooges!!! :A

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family