Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• sammybar
    Options
    We have been battling with FloGas for ages, they put ours up almost on a monthly basis, and also send very rude letters re the standing orders - they also pester us to adhere to silly contract rates, all benefitting them, no benefit to us! We have contacted WatchDog. :D
    GrandadRob wrote: »
    Hi Guys.
    Just returned here after some time and been reading about the latest places to get good priced LPG. Flogas wrote to me today informing me of a 6p hike making it....63.78 ppl :mad::mad::mad:

What is the latest thinking about where to switch to. Found out today that my contract ends next month, and I have frozen deliveries.

Thanks
    Rob.
  • DAVID.T_3
    Options
    I am amazed at some of the prices people are paying for LPG. I do have knowledge of the industry and cannot understand why people stay with the bigger companies, 63-64p per ltr is just silly. Also why people re-sign with a company that has already ripped them off. I have had a phone round today to check prices in the Midlands, anything over 45 pence per ltr is too much. Extra gas seemed the cheapest but Lister Gases were prepared to fix price at 45pence for 1 year !!

Try
    Carver Gases : small indepentant comapny
    Lister Gases : independant
    Extra fuel : Independant

One last thing I note someone saying they were with one company who used flogas to make their deliveries as they had no vehicles in that area themsleves. What do you think will happen when its
    -10deg and flogas are struggling to supply their own customers!!!
  • GrandadRob
    Options
    Phoned and emailed suppliers today.
    Couple at the same price 39.9ppl. Callow and Calor.
    Calor said 39.9ppl, price fixed for six months, tank rental £15 per quarter, free £100 worth of gas on switching, contract 2 years.

In my experience, if something sounds too good to be true......maybe it isn't. Anyone been here before please.

How much to buy my own tank, and is that a good route to getting cheaper fuel in the long term ?

Currently suspended deliveries from Flogas, because I still have 70% from last winter (don't use any in summer). So to take maximum advantage of deals like Calor, I need an empty tank to get the maximum amount at the minimum cost, before it goes up.
    Which it surely will to recoup their FREE £100 of gas.
  • danlojo
    danlojo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    Calor said 39.9ppl, price fixed for six months, tank rental £15 per quarter, free £100 worth of gas on switching, contract 2 years.

A few weeks ago we moved into our house and did the normal check on the prices and Calor/extra gas were the best.

Calor price matched for us.

Same deal as you re: no price hike for 6 months, free gas and got it at 36.4ppl (lincolnshire area)

We will fill up just before the 6 months just incase it goes up. Can only go up 3ppl in each 6 months though.

HTH
    Life is a rollercoaster.....ya just gotta ride it:whistle:
  • DAVID.T_3
    DAVID.T_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    GrandadRob wrote: »
    Phoned and emailed suppliers today.
    Couple at the same price 39.9ppl. Callow and Calor.

In my experience, if something sounds too good to be true......maybe it isn't. Anyone been here before please.

How much to buy my own tank, and is that a good route to getting cheaper fuel in the long term ?

Currently suspended deliveries from Flogas, because I still have 70% from last winter (don't use any in summer). So to take maximum advantage of deals like Calor, I need an empty tank to get the maximum amount at the minimum cost, before it goes up.
    Which it surely will to recoup their FREE £100 of gas.

Hi Grandad Rob,
    Owning your own tank can be a good route but a good tank installed will cost you around £1500 and you have to deal with any repairs etc. The deal from Calor is good but you only have to look at some of the comment on here to see it will be a short term gain. Callow should do you well, not many complaints about them. Try Carver Gases and Lister Gases two more like Callow.
  • jimmyboy1980
    Options
    mullercow wrote: »
    flogas have toaday sent me a letter increasing the price of our gas by 6p per litre are they allowed to do this I am now paying 68p per litre and need advice on best way forward, contract runs out in January. It will be another cold winter for us as cant afford to put heating on.

See what I mean Vermin? There I was thinking I had it bad at 64ppl. Please do me a big favour (and yourselves) and resist the urge to buy from Flogas - they don't deserve customers. If you are paying more than 40ppl at the moment you are being hard done by. 64PPL + IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY SO DON'T STAND FOR IT. Stay with a neighbour over crimbo muller or wear lots of jumpers, but please don't line there pockets!!!
  • jimmyboy1980
    Options
    grandadrob wrote: »
    hi guys.
    Just returned here after some time and been reading about the latest places to get good priced lpg. Flogas wrote to me today informing me of a 6p hike making it....63.78 ppl :mad::mad::mad:

What is the latest thinking about where to switch to. Found out today that my contract ends next month, and i have frozen deliveries.

Thanks
    rob.

and again!!!
  • jimmyboy1980
    Options
    Hi, just thought i'd let you know some up to date prices i've received today.
    I'm currently with flogas, and am paying 51.68 ppl and 17.44pd tank rental. I am not in a contract at the moment, and they offered me 42ppl fixed for 6 months if I sign a two year contract.

Calor have just quoted me 39ppl and 16.9 tank rental with a £50 credit now, and £50 in a years time.

yet again!!!
  • jimmyboy1980
    Options
    I hope the Flogas head office's heaters break this winter, that the staff get snowed in, and that the underpant gnomes steal there clothes in the meantime. That way they'd realise how us "ordinary folk" they refer to ( but don't treat) as customers feel whilst we're freezing our whatsits off at home. Its not like we're asking for a lot is it?
  • GrandadRob
    Options
    I tried to report Flogas to trading standards today, but they did not seem interested that they are ripping people off, as long as it didn't say they wouldn't in the contract........:mad:
    Most people's problem is what to do if you are midway in a contract.
    I am coming to the belief that the small boys are better, no incentives, no free gas, just good honest prices. Even though I have only one month to go, I have been ripped off by Flogas for many years, before we had the ability to swap without charges.

In THIRTEEN YEARS OF FLOGAS/BRITISH GAS SUPPLY....THE PRICE OF LPG NEVER WENT DOWN ONCE............NOT ONCE !!!!!!!!:mad:

Boy.....am I wiser now.............:T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure